• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How's the weather today (where you live)

Started by Vario80, June 09, 2007, 02:02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spot

me on a 50min walk to classes today (north-east Ohio)

whatevermind

@spot, LOL, I know what that's like.

Right now, chilly with a light rain and some residual gusting. Lots of small debris everywhere, but looks like my town fared alright. Some of the surrounding towns took some worse hits, but nothing close to what I'm seeing out of NYC and the Jersey Shore - looks like they took the worst of the storm.

Now if the temps would just get another 10d lower, we'd get some of that snow that West Virginia's been hogging.  :P

io_bg

Almost midnight. Clear skies, 9 °C. I'm afraid tomorrow morning I'll be feeling the same as spot on my way to school ;D After the long, hot and dry summer it's been raining heavily in the last few days (fortunately it's stopped already). It still is nowhere near as close as what it seems to be like at the North American East coast. Good luck to anyone living out there.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

sunv123

Here in Raleigh, North Carolina, it's 48 degrees Fahrenheit (9 degrees Celsius) at 2 PM because of Hurricane Sandy that came over NC on Sunday/Monday.
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

noahclem

+1 and unusually sunny here in Oulu. It'll be a few degrees colder when I travel away from the sea later today and will dip down to -10 this evening but with clear skies that should offer a good chance of catching auroras.

More interesting though is what's going on in Siilijoki's real world location. Siilijoki will witness a total eclipse of the sun today. It's almost creepy such an astronomical sign would occur just the day after it's election to the Hall of Fame  ?=mad)=

On that note, thanks so much to everyone who's supported my MD over the last two years  &dance

metarvo

It got down to 32° F (0° C) last night for the first time this fall.  We have finally had our first freeze, and I'm glad to see it.  The sky is crystal clear.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Reform

Purple clouds in evening sky in Vantaa. It's about 3° C and wind is calm. Snow is still avoiding us.

Quote from: noahclem on November 13, 2012, 03:35:20 AM
+1 and unusually sunny here in Oulu. It'll be a few degrees colder when I travel away from the sea later today and will dip down to -10 this evening but with clear skies that should offer a good chance of catching auroras.

Auroras are so rare in Vantaa that I was planning to take a trip to north this winter to see them again. There is a chance that we will rent a cabin for a short vacation and practise some ice fishing while at it. :)

Reginasunrae

We've had fog and....more fog. Then the weather forecast said we'd have a beautiful sunny day to be followed by days of rain "across the valley" and no sunshine for the next week. Ah, but wait! "Across the valley" is to the east of us. We're on the edge of most of those storm systems. It was sunny all right, and windy. And it was COLD! That was the day I finally got to start planting my fall bulbs. That was the day I came inside and felt like I had caught something horrible. I'm glad it was only the wind messing with my sinuses because it took me several hours on each of three days to get those bulbs planted and every one of those days was varying degrees of cold and windy. Oh, and there was a LITTLE bit of sunshine peeking through the clouds occasionally.

Lowkee33

@Reginasunrae:  What are you planting?

Weather is cold and clear here (40's F high they say).  Get's dark early, sun setting at about 4:30.

metarvo

I saw a rare White Christmas with 6" of snow and 25 °F (-4 °C) last night.  Yes!  ;D
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

sunv123

Raining.... Raining.... Raining..... chance of a tornado? :o

49 degrees Fahrenheit. Cloudy, winds gusting to about 15 mph.

noahclem

A hah! So it's not always sunny out there  $%Grinno$%

It's about -25C/-10F around here, no wind and cloudy. Fortunately it was clear for the conjunction of the moon and jupiter last night and it's just as well it's cloudy now as the aurora forecast is pretty poor.

sunv123

:D :D :D :D :sunny: :D :D :D :D
You are so funny..... I meant that over the clouds, there is always sun. Even when it's cloudy. Not what you "thought".

Kitsune

-4c ... -12c with the windchill, currently winds are 30 gusting to 50.. but will increase to 40 gusting to 70 tonight with 10cm of snow, and possibly more along the shoreline of Lake Ontario. We are expected to be right on line for Blizzard conditions tonight in Canada's largest city, fun!
~ NAM Team Member

Swordmaster

+10C / 50F here, quite windy, and raining. Poorest Christmas weather in my memory.

Cheers
Willy

mave94

I could only wish a cold Christmas or a white Christmas. This Christmas was like it's autumn. It's currently 7*C/45*F and there's heaps of rain outside. :(

Haljackey

Snow can be fun, but it can also be the opposite of fun:

spot

the main road to my hometown :)
cant be much worse

Kitsune

yes - but that picture from Haljackey is the 401... one of the widest and busiest freeways in the world after 15cm of snow overnight, the worst storm since March 2011. The question now, in Toronto atleast, is the snow going to all melt quickly or survive into March.
~ NAM Team Member