• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mickebear's Mediterraneum: Agriculture

Started by mickebear, February 21, 2007, 03:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Couchpotato

Great textures.  You must be using Max to get that bump map effect.  Really looking forward to this cooperative effort.   :thumbsup:

rooker1

This looks great.  Some times, people's greatest works come right after a nice long break.  I can't wiat to see more.
Call me Robin, please.

fredval

Ahhhh !  At last something fresh for my Istrinian villages :-)

Hi Mika !  Nice to see you here ;-)

vester

Hi Nice to see you Fred.  :thumbsup:

See you found our new hideout.

jacqulina

looking forward to some progress my friend

Krio

Hyvältä näyttää! Looking gooood. Nice to see that I'm the crappiest Finnish-born batter in the world of SimCity  ;D (I remember that you have at least lived in Finland or do I just see strange dreams?)

What kind of farming will this be? Wine or "normal grain"?

mickebear

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... sorry that I haven't replied, nor worked on my model for almost 2 months now. RL has just kept me incredibly busy. One of the things I did, I went to Italy, and got loads of inspiration  :satisfied: - but also I went to my native Finland to see my parents  :)

M4346, D66, vester, bat, sebes, jacqualina, Archangel, Couchpotato, rooker1, fredval and Bengt: first of all big thanks for commenting my work. This building is based on a real time farm house near Verona, it is from the 13th century, and was originally meant for summer palace for a Venetian bishop, and later on served as a dairy farm for a local monastery. So, for the atmosphere, Don Mickebear COULD be killed in a sinister slaughter, and dubious circomstances, but the setting just isn't Sicily for this building :)

This work is very heavily in progress, but things are shaping up. I am using 3D Max for a year now, but due to my long pause, I have to re-learn some work techniques. Using bump maps was certainly the first thing to remember. I have been collecting different kinds of stone wall textures for a long time, formed a library for this purpose and have now a matching set of 4 variations per texture plus adjoining bump map. With 70 different textures, this makes 280 different stone wall textures with matching bump maps...

Yesterday I profited from the fact of having 5 hours free just for myself, and got finally some work done. Some ideas have been cooking in my head, so here some more details and overviews - also testing nightlights.

'Venetian' old side

Details from Venetial old side

some more details from the courtyard...

Courtyard view

And test with nitelites

M4346

&apls &apls &apls

Wow! Looking amazing Mickebear! I was wondering where you'd gone! ;)

Great job thus far, and what a pity it's not Sicily.  $%Grinno$%

Your attention to detail is amazing, especially the texturing! So much effort has gone into this thus far! It is really a masterpiece!  ;D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

sebes

So much detail - so much italian atmosphere in your lot...  bellissima!!! 

I agree with M: this is a masterpierce  &dance
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

rooker1

OMG, those pictures are outstanding.  I can't wait to see what becomes of this.

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

jacqulina

ahhhh there you are im glad you are well i was worried about you,amazing progress you have done my friend i love the trees and plants wonderfull details,i cant wait till you upload this beautifull building.
take care

kimcar

Wow , i just saw your threath . Very good project you have. &apls Great texture too. I really love your work. keep going. :thumbsup:

mickebear

Barby is now busy with Villa Ottavia... we are making it a dairy reward...

Another project that I am busy with... Villa Foscari aka Malcontenta by Palladio (16th century) near Venice.

GrizzlyBuilder

Palladio... the best architect of Italy.

We worship you.

jacqulina

hi my friend hows you,this work your doing is awesome i love it,and the detailing is amazing,i cant wait to download your beautifull things,take care,have fun my friend

mickebear

Hi my friends,

Some progress with textures... After tonight, I will not be able to work with this for another 1.5 weeks...

HabLeUrG

excellent work,  I really like that building  :thumbsup: &apls

bat

Snaper

Hi,

I am really impressed by what you do... It is very realistic

Bravo, continue comme ça  :thumbsup:

mickebear

Thanks guys :-)

My guests arrive only tomorrow, so I did have time to finish off this thingie... goes to first rendering trial tonight...