• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mickebear's Mediterraneum: Requests

Started by mickebear, May 09, 2007, 04:29:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickebear

I do take requests - I have already done some last year - only provided that the origins of the BAT are from 'northern' Mediterranean area: southern France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro, Serbia, Albania, Greece, Spain, Portugal...

Please post a pic to this thread, I will then see, what I can do (time provided)...

thanks

Mika

Schulmanator

Oooh! What an exciting offer!! So many great choices! I will give many proposals, knowing that you cannot do them all. It's fun just to think aboutthem.Some things I would love to see would be:

1. Greco-Roman ancient buildings... suitable for building an ancient theme town... temples, stoas, homes, etc.

Stoa of Attalos, Athens

Temple

Athena Nike, Athens

2. Palladio!! That would be glorious!

Villa Capra

Villa Rotunda

3. Anything from beautiful Dubrovnik, Croatia!

Or Split

Split bell tower

4. Malta!

Mosta Church

Fortifications of Valetta

5. Seville and Granada landmarks of any kind!

Plaza de Espana, Sevilla

Thanks for all you have done to bring great lots to life in SC4. I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful works on the LEX!
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

mickebear

These are indeed really exciting pics that you have posted. In fact, I have already started to make Villa Rotonda by Palladio, but it is really only in stages... I am also a big fan of Split and Dubrovnik, after having visited them a few years back - so something might come out of there as well... Also Plaza d'España is very exciting... and so far, I have never done anything from Spain... I have already done something coming from Italy, France and Croatia.

jeronij

This one has been in my to do list eternally  ::)

Palma de Mallorca's best landmark  ;D
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

mickebear

Hola Jeroni :-)

This one is definitely very interesting landmark... and if you want, another one to my list...

jeronij

Hello Mika,

it would be great to know that this one would be in your to do list  :thumbsup:  I have about 23+ MB of pictures about this castle, so when you finally arrive to this one, feel free to PM and I will send you a copy  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

mickebear

Hola Jeroni  :)

I will do first Villa Rotunda (btw, it is the same as Villa Capra), and then I turn to you... but you can already send pix to me, so that I get the textures prepared...

I am just as excited about this as you are  ;D

Une_ame

the 2nd pics of Shulmanator list already exist.

Check out Porkissimo's "Eglise de la Madeleine". It is a wonderfull buiding.
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

mickebear

une_ame is totally correct, you should check out Porkissimo's master piece: l'Eglise de Madeleine... which is featured in 2nd picture from Schulmanator.

Schulmanator

Actually, what I had in mind was more ancient Greco-Roman buildings in general. I would love to do an all-ancient town, but there's not enough ancient lots to do so.

I am excited that you have already started on Palladio. I am looking forward to your new lots!
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

mickebear

hey... thanks... I am not going to do WHOLE works of Palladio... I get bored so easily...

Yoman

I guess this counts as a Mediterranean due to the fact that it is on the med.

I request some homes from cities of Turkey that are on or near the coast, in particular Antalya, Mersin, and Adana.

Here are some linked pictures (don't want to clutter your thread).
Link (Antalya Rowhomes)

Its much harder than you think to find pictures of these homes, really anything like Frogface's buildings would be quite nice, what you are currently making, though some of the best texture and BAT work I've ever seen, I feel is only suited to Northern Italy.

Cheers!

mickebear

Hi Yoman and thanks for your suggestion. Turkey is indeed part of Mediterranean, and these houses make a perfect example of modern Turkish domestic architecture. Having visited EXACTLY the area that you picture here, I had already plans for this.

But I had first Italy to conquer, then onwards to Spain...

Yoman

Really? I've only ever been to some Turkish islands myself while I was in Rhodes. I think southern Italian and spainish buildings should work fine for my cities while you work on those and the Turkish ones, thanks!

mickebear

Turkish islands??? All the islands off the Turkish coast are GREEK...

Une_ame

Be carefull Guys !!! We are entering a dangerous area !!!!! Actually, amongs the hundreds of islands in Aegean sea, Turkeys has 2 (Imvros and Tenedos).

Another nice bat for any Ancient Rome/Greece city: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/fr/3/3d/Maison_carr%C3%A9e.jpg

babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

jeronij

Pls use geographical references instead political ones, which are not allowed here btw. Thank you  ;)

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

jeronij

Some material to start making these textures....  ;)

Bellver Castle

Of course when you have the time  ;D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Yoman

Some Very small islands that our tour guide said were Turkish, maybe he was lying :P I was quite young at the time anyway.

mickebear

Just a little note, you can ONLY download my work from LEX, nowhere else any more... I have asked to delete the rest of my works from STEX permanently. If you find my work anywhere else, it is theft.

After this weekend's BSC meeting in Frankfurt, my head is boiling with new ideas, but let me get done with my move from Brussels to Antwerpen first... then I will get down to batting again  ;)

People that were present in Frankfurt know exactly what to expect  :D

HUGS
Mika