• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Plays the game with Custom content.

Started by Colyn, December 19, 2006, 02:01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wouanagaine

Electra, go at ST in the NHP Tools suits and download&install SC4Mapper. When done, you'll be able to load the SC4M with SC4Mapper and generate the region for SC4

here is the instructions taken from our NHP uploads

SC4Mapper
1. If you don't already have SC4Mapper, download it and follow the install instructions.
2. Unzip this file.
3. Run SC4Mapper, click on 'create region'
4. Choose SC4M
5. Browse to the unzipped folder and point the map file .SC4M
6. Click on 'Save Region' and name it, and Quit SC4Mapper
7. Run SC4 and load the new region. The colors of the region in SC4 will be the same colors as SC4Mapper until you enter and save each city tile. But you have the choice to do it as you go and not right away.

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Elektra

Thanks bunches wouanagaine,

Worked like a charm....I had already downloaded SC4Mapper and read the instructions..... :bomb: But I guess after working all night the light bulb just wouldn't come on  &idea

Again, thanks for helping out a thick headed person.... $%Grinno$%
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
A. Einstein

Mulefisk

Seeing how i've kinda run out of ideas lately, i'd really like to give this a try.

I have one question though, are you not allowed to use any maxis content at all?

There are alot of very nice buildings that came with the game. I know my cities would be much nicer and more consistent if I was allowed to use maxis content.

BarbyW

You can use as much or as little Maxis content as you like. No restrictions on content, just try not to trash the environment too much and still get 1 million sims in the region ;D
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Frigid

Hello there, i'd love to try playing this map, it looks extremely challenging.  The link in the first post is broken though.
I have returned!

Serkanner

Quote from: Frigid on February 04, 2007, 10:58:47 AM
Hello there, i'd love to try playing this map, it looks extremely challenging.  The link in the first post is broken though.

Not here it isn't ...  or try this one:  Mount Robson

Also ... make sure you are registered to the exchange.

Frigid

Oh.. oops I wasn't logged in.  Cookies weren't working.  Sorry for bothering you guys
I have returned!

Aleksander

hello I cann't even get to the map for this thing please help

Aleksander
Tiania

BarbyW

Aleksander, I have replied to your log in problems in the other thread.

joelevan

Just looking for an update. Anyone got any good pictures to share?

Joel

ms_arbez

Crap... I think that I'm having hardware issues, because for some strange reason, every time I try to play a region that has high-elevation terrains, my game crashes.

Of course, I am having issues with other things on my computer as well, but I haven't had the chance to get the kinks worked out...
:'( I wanted to join!

dragonshardz

I don't have SC4Mapper and right now my PC is almost literally begging for an upgrade...
I have a 995 MHz AMD Athlon Processor, and a NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX/MX 400. :-[

I'll join after I get the 500+ dollars I'll need to get my uncle to gut and rebuild my PC.  ()testing()

BTW: how do you gain Reputation? %confuso

BarbyW

dragonshardz: Reputation becomes available to give and take once you have made a fixed number of posts. I think it is 50.

Orange Julius

Gone now...

BarbyW

Try the link to Mount Robson in Serkanner's post above.

klaascornelis

This is actually very interesting. To bad I'm so late to see this thread. Is this still open for discussion, is it worth it that i start with this project or em i to late?

Greetings
KC

BarbyW

This project is now over but Ennedi has been playing the region in the MD section so if you want to start an MD using the map you will be more than welcome.

Ennedi

This is a beautiful map and very interesting project. There were some excellent regions built up on Shosaloza map, you can find most of them in the BSC Plays The Game board. One of the best ones (in my opinion) was Rayden's Shosaloza, currently placed in MD Archives.
I am sure that every of these regions deserves to be recounted, there are a lot of beautiful pictures and interesting building concepts in them.

Personally I still remember about the original Shosaloza Project purpose. The amount of residents is not my main goal in my Shosaloza, but I'm also curious how many citizens will live in Shosaloza when I will finish it  :)

I think comparing the same region developed by various players is fascinating by itself. If anybody will want to build something on Shosaloza map and will need any consultation/advice, I will help with pleasure.

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Unassigned

Well, has the issue with the "No Maxis Buildings" mod preventing large cities (as mentioned in the OP) been fixed, then?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination