• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Retaining walls for NAM

Started by Xyloxadoria, February 16, 2008, 12:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaos78414

oh yes these are awesome. maybe several different versions (the same with just slight details different and different textures) in the future would be awesome

JoeST

Lookin pretty swish.. your doing a great job here :thumbsup:

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Jonathan

These should defenately be included in the NAM, as they look perfect (no LOD thingys) as overhangs then they could easily be added in to the puzzle piece without cutting them up and such. Keep up the great work here. :thumbsup:

quackmofro

The newer textures are great. They match the look of the urban overpasses around here. These retaining walls add so much realism to the overpasses!

However, most of the retaining walls I've seen are sloped instead of vertical. That's just me being nitpicky; you're doing some awesome work here.

Lollo

Wonderful job here! I'll definetively download them when they're released. They add a lot of realism to overspasses, as someone has stated before me. Keep it up and remember there's always room for improvement!

Keep an eye on the Lair!

kassarc16

Quote from: quackmofro on March 05, 2008, 12:18:47 AM
However, most of the retaining walls I've seen are sloped instead of vertical. That's just me being nitpicky; you're doing some awesome work here.

You can always use slopes and on-slope ramps and some of the nice retaining wall lots out there.

quackmofro

That is true, and I do make the most of buddybud's and jeroni's walls, but there are certain situations where I can't make them work, namely the slopes under the overpasses.

Lollo

Hey Xyloxadoria, I've just had an idea: Why don't you make a complete set of retaining walls? Your textures look so good, so I photoshopped an image to figure out how it would look like, and I have to say it seems excellent.
If you don't have in mind to make such a set, can you at least release your texture so i can make my own? Thanks in advance and keep your work up!

Keep an eye on the Lair!

superhands

great progress on the modelling :thumbsup:

doorknob60

I can't wait for this. This needs to be included with the NAM. This looks like every overpass I've seen in Oregon for the most part, and look way better than the normal NAM ones :D
Click here if you want to play SimCity 4 in Linux :)
Click here if you want to try Linux :)

j-dub

Yeah, its time for walls straight up, thats what I've seen in reality. Realistically, I've seen walls of cement just like these pictured, next to roadways/highways, even when its not an overpass. The railroad pieces have gotten the treatement of new wall options, hopefully the same goes for this project to be included.

Xyloxadoria

New Update

Well I have been busy with RLS for a while, so this isn't that big of an updat, but i just want to say that I am still working on this. Here are two more walls that i have made (click on them to see the full resolution)

I have made start/end walls for one way and road

I have also began to make sunken highway walls, so far i have only made an avenue exit piece:

I will probably make the rest of the sunken highway walls next, then try to figure out the diagonal NAM puzzle pieces.

Pat

WOW Xyloxadoria you are doing some neat stuff here for retaining walls on the NAM puzzle pieces to hide those boring poles,  I think it gives that more realistic feel here with these walls..... Keep up the hard work on these!!!!  If you need anyone to test anything out for you let me know and I would be happy to help out..

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

quackmofro

This is beautiful stuff, man. I retract my earlier statement. Most of the walls I've seen around lately are vertical like the ones you have made. The sunken walls look great, too. Keep up the good work!

superhands

don't want to offened by making a request that will be obvious, but, could i request simple orth/diag walls for straight raised av/road

thanks in advance,great work,
dave

Xyloxadoria

Quote from: bighead99999 on March 31, 2008, 10:32:04 PM
don't want to offened by making a request that will be obvious, but, could i request simple orth/diag walls for straight raised av/road

thanks in advance,great work,
dave

I have already began to make walls for straight av/road. in my earlier post I wasn't able to figure out the right size to make them seamless, but now i have figured out the ave size. (I completley forgot that I did, so i never posted a pic, thanks for reminding me) But anyway here is a pic of walls for straight raised avenue:

Pat

WOW you really are very good Xyloxadoria!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Lollo

Keep an eye on the Lair!

rooker1

Xyloxadoria.......fantastic work.
&apls
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

BigSlark

Xyloxadoria,

These are amazing! They really give NAM overpasses an extremely realistic feel.

I'm looking forward to what you come up with next, diagonals, perhaps?

Cheers,
Kevin