• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yan077

Cedric and photoshopping ? I thought it was incompatible  :D

I'm glad you consider it like an amusment... and to be honest, I'm jealous, it's very well done, and most of all original  :thumbsup:

And Montbrac.... OMG ! This french countryside is just wonderful, so much details, and  the overview... stunning !! &apls &apls &apls

Yann  :thumbsup:

Badsim

Thank you Yann , Andreas , Guillaume , Robin , bat & jafmo ... :thumbsup:

Like I said , I do not intend to go further with photoshoping ...  $%Grinno$%

Quote from: VeTram on January 08, 2011, 10:13:10 PM

...I have decided to read again from page1 as i have never managed to read all pages...but unfortunately there are many pics missing.....i still have a long way to go since nowpage....i am always trying to become a good Lotterer , and staying close to your threads and you with us , fill us with plenty of patience , enthusiasm , inspiration and learn....I will follow faithfully... Thank you :)

Thank you VeTram . I see your questions here & there ... unfortunately I'm already overwhelmed by my SC4 activities , I can't spend more time with you all on these forums than I'm already doing ...furthermore , english being not my native language , It takes me a lot of time ( many checks with various translation tools ... ) before to post something that I think understandable enough !  ::) ... About missing pictures , like I already said to Connor , I'll try to check that and repair , but Imageshack is hosting 2800 sc4 related pictures from me ( and several tens at Fileden ... )
Thank you to forgive me for something that could easily looks like disregard . ;)

Quote from: Badsim on January 04, 2011, 05:41:01 AM

The essential is there , the LotEditing part is over , I just need to finish landscaping details ( and I'm not satisfied with the stream so I'll try to rework it ...) before to present you Montbrac's definitive set of pictures . :P

Well ... regarding the last event ( Ploppable seasonal trees) ... AntigOne itself looks like a dying dinosaur . And no SC4 storm is going to blow down our thousands of evergreen trees at our place ... Bye-bye Jeroni's « Caya Tomentosa » (s) , have loved you so much ... :'(

So what ?

:-\

I've got seasonal ploppable items in my hand ...

But before the public release , would it be ... fair ... ?

No . $%Grinno$%

Well , on another side , having multiple and various tasks for some other peoples , that's with no doubt the most proper time to make a break ... Not too long I hope so , ( untill I see these spectacular items on the LEX ... ) just like a deep breathing before a new start .  :thumbsup:

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Tomas Neto

Again you presents us a very beautiful rural area, Cédric!!! Awesome update!!!   &apls &apls

Badsim

While I'm replacing MontBrac's trees (  the stream will be entirely re-done as well ... ) , I've started something else :

Gorges de La Sioule .

With new landscaping tools ; green water by Sorchin  -  http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=17099 and ploppable grey rocks by nbvc  -  http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=24793 , absolutely the best « wedding » available to have perfect riversides even at the closest zoom ...

The train automata is a french Corail by Girafe . Antoine has released  several extra high quality train automatas ... this one is available here : http://www.toutsimcities.com/download/Ancien_Corail_1590.zip

Yann , a big thank you for the incredible inpiration your Corsica is . ::)

Thanks for your visit . :thumbsup:

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Bill_Chen

Awesome!!! :o
This image is extremely high definition!!!!

My first MD here : The Urban construction diar

ecoba

Incredible, Cédric !  :o

This portion of AntigOne is beyond beautiful ! Fabulous !

Ethan

Connor

Fantastic work (as always)  ;)

Gorges de La Sioule looks like a beautiful place in real life, and you've made it look just as beautiful in game  &apls

Connor.

Silur

Excellent work  &apls &apls &apls
But what about some CS4 money for this ?

noahclem

Another beautiful update!  &apls

It's nice to see your work with a different set of tools. Both the rocks and water look great, though the water is a little depressing for most of what I choose to create. It makes me think "cloudy day" but there are certainly plenty of those in RL ;)

pvarcoe

Wow, that is the best stream gorge detailing I've ever seen.
The rock and shale look great.
I am not a huge fan of the water color, but the ripple texture in it is very realistic.
Beautiful work Cedric, thanks for sharing with us!

rooker1

Cedric, Cedric....Cedric.
Is there anything when it comes to SC4 that you are not a "Master" at?
You pain stakingly worked in LE and put together incredible cities for us and now you are making absolutely beautiful country/rural scenes!!

I love it all!  &apls

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

vnaoned

Beside water's colour I must admit that I'm a fan of what you've accomplished here... just great!
really stunning the level of reality is (as could say a little green man). The force as to be with you.  ;)

Girafe

Amazing pictures Cedric  &apls &apls &apls

It allows me to watch how looks like the trees. I am a little disappointed with them. Indeed the pines are too dark according to me however I can't make them brighter  &mmm.

Moreover it seems that the maples on the right side are darker than on the left side, I think it's due to the stages, you surely put smaller stages subconsciously. I don't know what to think about this...

Anyway these landscapes are just awesome.    :thumbsup:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Sciurus

UNBELIEVABLE! &apls &apls &apls &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Framly

Whoaaa..my eyes hurts (AWESOME!) :thumbsup:

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

RickD

Looking ... closing eyes and breathing three times ... looking again ... no, sorry, still can't believe it.  $%Grinno$%
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

silentbreaker

Awesome level of detail  &apls I really like the first SC4 image with the bridge  :thumbsup:

Badsim

I agree , Sorchin's green water is too green ... and the blue one is too blue as well . Jeroni's transparent waters may be perfectly proper in most of the cases , but I dislike the way that , due to their LODs , we can't control that much the final look of our riversides ...  ::)

So let me experiment something . ;D

This is latest Pegasus pond , coming with photo realistic Base Textures :

From there , I've created a test Lot «Water » , this one is a single tile one :

And on that second 2 tiles one , I've added something we'll speak about later ; driftwoods props from the latest MJB prop pack ...

Now , let me bring that experiment in game .

Before landscaping :

After landscaping :

The purpose of that experiment is of course to show you all that we need  new ploppable waters using photo realistic textures . Being not a BATer , I'm not able to create this myself . But I hope to convince someone else to do so . ()what()

About driftwoods props , I love them so much that I've decided to learn how to make Mayor Mod ploppable items with them . I may request some help , but I want to do the job . Currently , I'm studing David's (Dedgren) tutorials but I have to confess that , mainly due to english language , I'm for the time being unable to understand the process enough to repeat it ... I'm just wondering if there's a simpler way to do that with PIM-X ? Time for me to learn the use that tool , I guess ... ::)

Suggestions are welcome . :thumbsup:

Antoine , you shouldn't worry that much about your trees by looking at my pictures as I use to add a light effect with PaintShopPro :

Otherwise , I don't touch to any other parameters like saturation , contrast ... trust me , Antoine , there're perfect !  $%Grinno$%

Thank you for your enthusiast comments . Back to work , I'll see you later ...

Cédric.

Nardo69

Interesting work and approach. :)  &apls

And I definitely agree that there's a need in better, at least more up to date water where Up to date means close to callagrafx' canals.

Coming from a different point "Der Gammler" on the simforum has started another approach to new ploppable water (I wasn't completely innocent on that ...  $%Grinno$%).

I really do look forward to lay my ol' mouse finger on both of them ... ;)

Take care . and don't forget to make backups!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....