• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Dust Cloud after Destroying a Building

Started by Kitsune, January 26, 2008, 09:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

Is there any way to get rid of the dust cloud after destroying a building? Currently its annoying that I gotta wait a minute or so just to continue on in a area, and would very much like to see a mod to get this removed.
~ NAM Team Member

Andreas

Actually, there is one. Look for the "Graphics Rules.sgr" file in your SimCity installation folder an make a backup of that file first. Then open it with Notepad and scroll down a bit until you find the line "optionGroup $VisualEffects". The following lines contain the basic settings for the low, medium and high detail settings. The dust cloud is defined by the "property demolishModelThreshold" - assuming you play with the detail settings on "high", try to change the value to the one that is shown at the "low" settings. This should make the dust cloud vanishing very quickly. Feel free to experiment with the values in order to find an even better one. Personally, I also set "property useScreenShake" to "false", since the shaking screen annoys me whenever I bulldoze even the tiniest lot.
Andreas

Kitsune

~ NAM Team Member

DFire870

Ah, this is great! I never knew there was a file you could edit to get rid of the cloud, I always resorted to zooming away to the farthest level then zooming back in.

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

z

Quote from: Andreas on January 27, 2008, 02:53:47 AM
Personally, I also set "property useScreenShake" to "false", since the shaking screen annoys me whenever I bulldoze even the tiniest lot.
This is great.  The screen shake has always bugged me - sometimes it hesitates before it finishes, and I think it's done, but it's not.  I go to bulldoze the next building, and a different one moves under the bulldozer right before I click.

Lost the Sears Tower once this way.    :(