• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strechnitz

Hi Badsim.

This is indeed a very nice update. and I'm glad the Buddha issue has been solved.

BTW I totally agree with the comment by Hogs 29. is the ideal city not a worthy aspiration? :)

Strechnitz.

goin2chicago

i don't play or really come around here anymore but looking through your work again makes me want to post. it's so awesome what you can do. keep it up!

HabLeUrG

Again I will comment on this wonderful MD

Badsim you are my inspiration in making a new MD realistic, following your lotd edit skills im doing the same for a border MD... soon will be here in Devotion and many thanks to you for this MD!  &apls &apls &apls

Pat

Man Badsim im totaly slacking omg this is incredbile wow
and i thank you for making me switch to my new keyboard
as i droooled all over it lol... Looking forward to the next update

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Badsim

Thank you all , for these 3 pages filled by your comments , enthusiasm and support ... Wow , let me be amazed at my turn . :thumbsup:
After Buddhah's comment ( Yarabundi used to be more friendly with me on another site  ::) and I don't particularly enjoy his ban .But I don't have the keys .)

Quote from: metasmurf on June 01, 2007, 01:11:09 PM

From what texture pack did you get thouse parkingtextures with yellow lines that you placed on several lots in this update?

My apologies , metasmurf for have totally forgotten your request ... an amazing request considering you're yourself a Loter : This is just an original MAXIS overlay (N° 0x257e0000) .

Well , not a great update , but I thought that I couldn't leave another page without any pictures . :P

I'm working slowly but as quickly than possible on the next update . You'll have to be patient after this teaser picture showing just a preview of the next BATs used .

At this step , these Lots are original ones. Of course , they will be entirely re-worked and coordinated ...
List of BATs : - MAXIS  Large Medical Center , revisited by SAC , re-created by me .
                   - Shinonome Gardens Complex by jsteed (CapitalSIMCITY)
                   - Times Square by HableUrg (CapitalSIMCITY)
                   - Red Star Realty by The monkeys uncle (STEX)
                   - Asian Corner Shop by william (STEX)
                   - BLaM The CNIT Of LA Defense by maxeuse (STEX)
                   - Helix Parking Garage by MAttb325 ... A gift from Yoder . Thank you both Ryan & Matt ; I love it !
                   - Meiji Life Building by aptx (STEX)
                   - Bahnhofsplatz Subway Station by berlindude

A few weeks ago , I opened a tribute thread to SAC & Olympia ... Now , I have decided to re-create some of her greatest Lots . It's another tribute ... and an excellent exercise of Loting ( the hardest part is to find again the props she used )
Large Medical Center is the first Lot .

Remember the original one ...

SAC's Lot ...

And my re-creation of it .

The next resurrection to come :

Such brilliant ... I'm not the LotEditor God , only one of her sons . :P

To the next . ;)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

metasmurf

Apperantly some of the maxis content is actually useable, how ignorant of me  ::)

Anyway, that lot with marrast underpass props attached to it looks awesome   :thumbsup:

wouanagaine

Wow I forgot that maxis content can looks that good. Obvioulsy this only happen when put in your hands

I spot a graphical glitch on the last pic of yuor hospital, we can see thru the building base. However nothing can be done to hide it :(
The downstairs in front of the building add a lot !

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

emilin

That is amazing what you are able to do by just putting a few buildings on top of eachother. And don't underestimate yourself, badsim! I have been over at Simphoni lurking around SAC:s stuff too, and I would say your skills surpasses her. It's nothing odd, really, the student surpassing the master - you are French, I'm sure you remember what happend to Foucault and his student Derrida.

Sorry about the "off the chart" prententious analogy, but you get the idea I'm sure.  ;D

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

HabLeUrG

Really magnificent!!  &apls &apls &apls Your are a SC4 addicted (no offending)... your lotting skills just amazes me...

Also I agree with wouanagaine about that hospital  :thumbsup:

Just a question: from where you find the sidewalks in your roads and avenues? thanks!  ;)

thundercrack83

Amazing! I'm speechless, but I'm pretty much used to that feeling when I see your work. Great job, as always, my friend!

Snaper

You overflow of imagination it is not possible  :P

Still of excellent work  :thumbsup:

Bravo  &apls

Strechnitz

Hi Badsim,

These are some wonderful lots. &apls

Especialy the hospital is a great combination of buildings. :thumbsup:

Strechnitz.

NikNik

Drool!

I especially like the bleu/green office complex (or are the appartments) in front of that wonderfully batted hospital.
The combo of highrise / lowrise and a small park is just perfect!
On the hospital I have a question: Why did you use on the front parking a road and not one way road. Probably you could avoid some extra (and unnecessary) zebra crossings.

I just awe at the next ressurection. That Marrast underpass combined with those appartments, just so Parisian. You must draw your inspiration for that one from the Periferique.

Take care.

Nik-Nik

Antoine

It's excellent !!! ( and I love the CNIT of borealis  :P )

kimcar

&aplsBrillant job again mate. You know how to put life in it  &apls :thumbsup:

Fledder200

OHHHHHHHH those houses on that overpass are amazing!!!!
well every thing is amazing!!!
But is it posible to "Lift"things in LE?? i mean...can you place props higer that ground levvel...if so...howe can you (i) do that?/

i realy love your city!!   :thumbsup:
NOW give us (me) some more!!  :P
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is too short to wear bad clothes...and ugly shoes!

flame1396

I believe you hold Shift and then use the arrow keys to move the prop up and down. Might be control.... not totally sure.
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

Pat

BadSim that is stunning i love your recreation
And please dont underguess yourself you are
doing a fab job and will look forward to the
update - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Badsim

Hello !

wouanagaine ; You have pointed the exact challenge about this kind of combinations : glitches to hide ... I tried some of them many often , and gave up . Always . These combinations maybe look obvious , but I know the price of them and re-creating some SAC's Lot , I can feel how many of tens of hours she has certainly spent to find the right ones . victory ( and a few others) too , was a great Loter for that ...

emilin ; I get the idea ... but I still disagree . About anything , at any time , I never forget to have a chronological point of view . SAC , at least was THE pioneer , that I will never be . Without Olympia , I would never have opened LotEditor . ::)

Nik-Nik Thank you eagle-eyes  ;) . You know, sometimes things are so obvious that we can't find them ... $%Grinno$% I was a bit annoyed by this amount of armpoles and crossings , but  I didn't want to gave up with these black road textures ( for the contraste ) . Yes , transit enabling the lot with one way roads has solved the issue for armpoles ... unfortunately not for crossings . But I think that I could live with that ... :P

HableUrg The sidewalk mod is from sap23 ( on the STEX , Euro Asphalt Mod , something like that )

Fledder, Use Ctrl + Up ( or Down ) arrow to handle a prop in height .

Thank you all for  other comments . ;)

Resurrection so ..... but not the same anymore .

I know , I know .... 4603 R$$ , that's not serious ... $%Grinno$% ... but AntiGone needs them and I have no time to play with what AntiGone wants . :P

Lot fully transit enable for avenue so . Obviously the traffic doesn't follow the slope and cars are normally crossing the Lot ( so the props) . I don't really care about this ... just need to take the pic at the right moment . ::)

Borders on sides look unachieved ... because this Lot will have to fit with its 2 neighboring ones .

Porkissimo's fire station is used as prop ( not functional) .

OK , no underestimate this time : I'm proud of it . $%Grinno$%

See you next .

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

emilin

Nobody wants to be #499 ;D

You should be proud of it. It looks excellent! The combination of buildings is perfect. &apls

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine