• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Request - Roadsigns puzzle piece

Started by kbieniu7, September 04, 2010, 08:46:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kbieniu7

Hi!
Last time, when I was building roads in SimCity I made few sign models, I wanted to put near roads. But having about 10 extra lots increases mess in menus. So I had an idea: is it possible by NAM to make a puzzle piece with sign (builded on a tile near theroad) with TAB menu, on the same rules like other puzzle pieces (like overpasses etc)? It will allow to have pack of signs, without a mess in menu. What do you think about it?  :)

I made few signs and I could make more props:

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Ryan B.

Good news - we've already had discussions about such a set.  Our working name is the "Signage Piece Mod" (SPM).

Those models look great - get ahold of Alex (Tarkus) and they just might make the Euro set!

Feroxx

nekseb

Really great idea  :thumbsup:

Would it be possible to make not only a puzzle piece with the signs for crosswalk but rather with the signs and a crosswalk at the street? Upps - my head is running in circles, how many possibilities - a piece with sign, crosswalk and flashing light?  ()sick() I stop before I go crazy.
I don't need to know everything, I only need to know someone who knows!

letum aut libertas

kbieniu7

Oh, I simply forgot that there was SPM! So, should I post in SPM thread, or there?

Nekseb, crosswalk with flashing light would be also great thing! But I wanted to propose the simpliest thing, because I thought that it would have the most chance to get created. I also cannot made prop with light's animation.

In meanwhile I made few more signs and changed its shade.

Of course not all sings could be modded - it would be too much(I think?)

I think about making two sets with small differences: polish-european (eg. yellow background on warning signs) and french-european (with white background).  :)

*Last sign in the picture dedicated to Guillaume :P

Lowkee33

Excellent work!

The idea that pops into my head is to make these offset props which can be added to a lot and appear to be on the sidewalk.  That way you could get that "do not enter" sign right where you want it.

samerton

Wow.. the signs you've made here are great! Keep on going!

MandelSoft

Well, I would make a small change to your signs. The blue color could be less saturated, so it looks less goofy. And I miss 30, 40, 110, 120 and 130 km/h signs. But for the rest, good signs  :thumbsup:
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

kbieniu7

I changed the the blue colour a bit. Is it better?

I also added the rest of speed limits. Firstly I didn't want to make too much, but know maybe I'll do more ;)

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

strucka

These signs look awesome! =) Only I thing the sign for Autobahn (green) and rail junction signs (3lines(240m)/2lines(160m)/1line(80m)/rail crossing (locomotive)) are missing, then it would be of course above the awesomeness limit. Hope you put these in the SPM For Euro set and release them also as TE lots. =)

&apls &apls &apls :thumbsup:

strucka

So we can already find these lot pieces? That's great, but it would seem logic to have them as TElots. Firstly, you could make them as kind of tollbooths, but would play their role as speeding offences.
For instance, you would put 50 sign somewhere, and for every 1000 cars passing it, cops would pull over and fine someone with 500S, so you get a revenue of 50cS per car. =) No parking, the same, parking a lot more, because you mainly pay for parking. =)
And they're meant to be somewhere out of the populated area, where you have farms, and having a separate lot would mean a square of grass in this farm. =)

Anyways, greatr addition to SC4. Soon it will be so detailed, one will forget it's a game =)

Girafe

Sorry for being a little bit off topic

the speed limitation to 10, is it for pedestrians  :D

after research, it seems that the speed limitations to 10 and 20 are only used in private road system like factories... in France, abroad I don't know
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

jdenm8

Quote from: strucka on November 20, 2010, 04:29:46 AMFirstly, you could make them as kind of tollbooths, but would play their role as speeding offences.

Ha ha, there are speed cameras on the STEX :P

It is a novel idea though.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

kbieniu7

Umm, I have those signs modeled, but haven't rendered them yet, since september  :-[ Maybe I'll do this during nearest days. I will publish them just as props.

Quoteafter research, it seems that the speed limitations to 10 and 20 are only used in private road system like factories... in France, abroad I don't know

In Poland 20 is also used before bumps, or near schools.

allantan1116

Excuse me, this is a set of roadsigns made by a Chinese modder tigerdmf:

Also, lrdcq replaced the pedestrian overpass in NAM and made a set of T21 roadsigns(you can find them in pedestrian plaza by TAB):

Here are all the T21 puzzle-pieces:

And, it works(but as the pieces lack of pedestrian paths, citizens could not cross the road):

By the way, you can contact with him by email:
luoruidong@163.com

j-dub

Wow, both Euro and Asia signs look awesome. I can't wait to see other's ideas the rest 9 years of this decade.

kbieniu7

Allrigth, I've done it. With some problems, but for New Year  :D Maybe someone will make something with them - I can't mod.

Pack of 86 props. Avaible at SimCityPolska Here.

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *