• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New Updated Dependencies List ¡¡¡ ( Thanks to Diggis)

Started by jeronij, August 11, 2007, 06:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarbyW

In fact so far as I can see the links for the PEG_MTP_Texture packs are both correctly linked to the STEX uploads in the Readmes. I checked the SG EZFlo Readme and it is quite clearly linked in the list at the bottom of the Readme. Pegasus packaged both his Resource pack and his Vol01 Texture pack in the PEG MTP Mountain Theme Pack but as they are separate dats within the package they show up separately in the Readme. As people also check the LD files the resource pack will show up there too and if the MTP Pack only is linked then we get asked about the separate dat file. No matter what we, the packagers, do we seem to be wrong ::)
Can I once again please, politely, request that broken links or general dependency queries are posted in the LEX Forum or in the BSC Help forum? The Dependency List provided by Diggis is not the same thing as looking for dependencies generally. He should not have to provide links to every single dat file uploaded. This list is for helping find packs that have been amalgamated into bigger packs and for general packs. I am not complaining, SC4BOY, as I know you are trying to be helpful but this is not really the right thread for this.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

SC4BOY

Do those files show up in the dependency list or not? They do not. Are they listed as dependencies in the documentation? They do. When you follow the link, do you find the file mentioned in the link? They do not.. you find another file.. is it broken or just miss labeled? When you go to the dependency list, do you find it? No. As diggis says, it is only a "file" not a dependency.. but it is identified as "Vol XX" just like any other dependency.. I certainly can't judge that it does not apply.. I'll take diggis' word for it.

I have no simple way of telling. I am simply providing information as I find it. I am not qualified to judge exactly where it fits in the "big scheme of things" This was not reported as a documention problem, but rather as a missing "dependency" which was not linked in the dependency list.. so you see, it doesn't matter what we users do, we can't be correct either.. so I sympathise with your frustration.. I'm sure we all are frustrated in some way... :)

What I think you're confusing is that this somehow is a "finger pointing" exercise. It is not. It is simply going through information in an attempt to make it as good as it can be. If you folk "in the know" feel that some data point I have provided is erroroneous, I can certainly accept that.. Just take whatever action the information merits. I don't take it as some personal affront..

In every movement to "better" there are "errors".. on all sides I expect.. IN the assumptions that we all are doing our best to resolve problems, lets just sort through them and resolve issues as best as possible..

In terms of where to type it.. I don't care.. I'll do the best to follow whatever tools and guidelines I'm given .. you seem to feel I'm "violating this thread" either in fact or spirit.. frankly I don't care WHERE I type it as long as it is addressed.. I simply use the tools at my disposal. If you wish me to enter it elsewhere, kindly link me to the thread that is "correct" in your judgement, and I'll use that..

Why you think it matters to me where I report it is a puzzle.. I find a problem.. I'll report it whereever I can.. I'll try to follow guides the same as anyone else.  Diggis seems to have no problem telling me "that isn't applicable" and move on.. I certainly can appreciate that.

It seems clear you have no problem telling me that same thing.. and that's fine too.. :)  I simply can only try to report things as I see it to those who may have the power/ knowledge to address it in whatever fashion appropriate. Do I always "see it right"? Of course not, but it isn't for lack of trying.

EDIT: I thought further about this.. I suspect I am causing you work that may not be fair in some way. I am very sorry if that is true. This CERTAINLY is NOT my INTENT!!..  and if you have some guide for me to follow.. or some other steps that I can take before I "pass it on" I'd appreciate it if you share these with me either privately or here.

Thanks to all for their efforts.. which seems to largely be poor diggis and barby.. I love you both :)

Diggis

hehe, thanks for the last statement, made me smile.

I just want the clarify what I said by the it's a file not an dependency and a couple of other things.  I know barby PM'd you about this, but it's possibly written here in the open too.

The name dependency list is a little misleading as any upload can be a dependency.
This list contains all uploads that have been uploaded to the SC4D Lex, the PLEX and the STEX as prop or texture packs. They are listed by the name of the upload.  Each upload can, and often does, contain multiple DAT files.  When you scan a lot with the sc4tool it will list the filename of any files used on that lot.  Unfortunatly this is not often the same thing as the upload name, especially with older files.  In the case of the PEG_MTP_TEXTURES_vol2 and PEG_MTP_TEXTURES_vol1 they are the name of two files, which I think are part of the Peg MTP texture pack.  As they were never uploaded seperately to any any sites they will not show seperately in the list.

I think the issue with you posting queries in this thread is that I have to go through when I update the list and check each post and each reported broken link to make sure I have caught them all.  As there are over 300 files, reports of broken links is important as I can't check them all personally.  A lot of the stuff you are reporting isn't specific to the list, but I still have to read it to check.  As you have filled up a couple of pages... :P it's a lot of reading. I'm not knocking you for your attempts, but it might pay to start a new thread for this.  Barby may be able to the best place for it.

If you do find genuine broken links could you please just post the name of the file and, if you find it, the link it should be.

dragonshardz

Diggis

There is an upload on the LEX with the downloadable PDF.

dragonshardz

hydra

Diggis

OK, I messed this up, and the links weren't working.  I've sent it to the goddess for updating, so keep an eye out for the not so new, but improved version.

xxdita

Is there any chance of the dependencies list being made for Cleanitol any time soon? It would seem to me the two would be a perfect pairing.

Diggis

Unfortunatly the list only shows the name under which the file is uploaded, not the name of the actual DAT files inside.  To create a cleanitol list you would have to download everysingle file on there, and then open them all and copy the names into a file.  It's a lot of work and I don't really have the time at the moment but if anyone would like to take a crack I can send them the original excell file to work with.  :thumbsup:

JoeST

im up for that LOL... might take a while but im up for it

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Diggis

Quote from: star.torturer on December 17, 2007, 09:17:12 AM
im up for that LOL... might take a while but im up for it

Joe

PM me your email address and I'll send you the excell file.  You might also want to contact Wou or Barby to check the format the cleanitol file needs to be in.

JoeST

its a find list isnt it? so it goes [filename];[location] and my email address is viewable from my profile

Joe

dragonshardz

xxdita

Actually yeah, it goes

*.dat
*.dat
*.dat
Name of Missing Pack Vol 1;http:here'sthelink

I could help with the Cleanitol Star Torturer, that way we could get it done faster. I've plenty of time right now. My email is also in my profile.

Flagelo

hi there!
^^

Actually i'm looking for "Jeronij Props Vol 03 Plopable Trees & Seasonal Woods", but its missing at the dep list.

Hugs
coming soon...

xxdita

Flagelo

Quote from: xxdita on January 06, 2008, 04:10:31 AM
Can be found here: http://www.sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=132
As long as you've registered with the LEX as well.

Thanks a lot, xxdita, i hope the file can be fix at the dep list.

sorry about my bad english.

Hugs
coming soon...

JoeST

Just to correct you xxdita and dragonshardz:

[filename].dat
[anotherfile].dat

this would select the files filename and anotherfile for removal from your plugins folder on backup

Joe

EDIT: there fixed it :p