• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New Updated Dependencies List ¡¡¡ ( Thanks to Diggis)

Started by jeronij, August 11, 2007, 06:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diggis

They aren't on the dependency list as the are recent files, meaning they haven't been added.  You will find anything released after june will not be there.

SC4BOY

Both of JRJ's lots JRJ Rural WallsLots Cold Version  and JRJ Rural Walls Lots Warm Version have broken links in their documentation... The proper link is http://www.sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=4 JRJ Props Vol4 Rural Walls. The link that is in there is broken so defaults to the SC4D home page.

Also both of Diagonal Trail Parks Tarmac Version_LEX and Diagonal Trail Parks White Version_LEX need to update the links for BSC_SG_FloraPack_Vol2.dat and BSC_SG_FloraPack_Vol3.dat to link instead (the link has BOTH of the SG packs in it) to BSC MEGA Props - SG Vol 01 http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=746 The dependency list is correct, but since this is a JRJ board, it would be good to just have the docs listed correctly.. :) That way the user can just dl straight from the docs and not even have to use the list.. hehe.

jeronij

Thanks for all the extra work  ::)  ;) ¡¡¡. I'll take care asap  ;D
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

SC4BOY

The following dependency JRJ Wire fences yellow has a broken link in the documentation for Readme_Jeronij_Concrete_Walls_V2 Revised.htm linked in the download http://www.sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=131

edit: I am an idiot who can't read a list. .this file IS on the list  .. *bows and backs deferentially out of room*

Also the same document has broken links for Concrete Modern Diagonal Walls Placement Tutorial and for  Diagonal Concrete Walls suport thread

Also the documentation Readme_Jeronij_Concrete_WallsV2_Props.htm has broken links for SC4Tool : Reference and Visual Editor for BATs and Lots and for Diagonal Concrete Walls suport thread for the package download http://www.sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=130 BSC Props Jeronij Vol 01 Walls

These need to be cleaned up. PLUS I need the dependency JRJ Wire fences yellow  which are listed as "Simgoober Props"

BarbyW

SC4BOY : this thread is for posts regarding the Dependencies list provided by Diggis not for reporting broken links in Readmes. The Readmes are unlikely to be updated as it would be a big job to do them all. Diggis' list will help you to find most prop packs and all you  need to do to find tutorials is either search here or ask.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

SC4BOY

As you wish.. sorry my effort put you out.. my appologies

I did ask for a dependency however.. 
Quote from: SC4BOY on November 22, 2007, 03:17:30 AM
PLUS I need the dependency JRJ Wire fences yellow  which are listed as "Simgoober Props"

EDIT: and it is NOT in the dependency list.... This IS on the list.. I have already spanked myself.. but feel free to add your own punishment as you feel fit..

I'll stop posting here.. sorry

BarbyW

You are mistaking the Dependencies list for something it is not. It shows location of packs not individual props. In fact if you looked at the list and clicked the JRJ Wire fences yellow you would be taken to the correct location for the file.

BarbyW

Can I step in here and point out that this started because I asked SC4BOY to post information about Readme broken links elsewhere? This thread is for posts regarding links that are broken or packs that are missing in the Dependencies list only.
I was also rather frustrated to find the same post regarding the Peg OffSet Peeps at SimPeg, Simtropolis and here. At SimPeg it had already been answered in that thread some time ago with an explanation that it was a typo error - in fact pointing to a STEX reference of 11175 instead of 11775.
Your assistance is welcome, SC4BOY, but please give time for things to be dealt with on one site before posting at another. It only makes my "job" more difficult having to post three times instead of once. You are in the USA, I am in Europe so you need to leave a minimum of 6 hours before posting again - it could be as much as 10 hours depending on your location in the USA.
I would ask that an Admin or Global Mod to transfer the extraneous posts from this thread to another that deal with general dependency problems.

RippleJet

I have cut off everything from this thread that doesn't concern Diggi's Dependency List.

Back on topic and stay there, please! :thumbsup:

Diggis

Thats Tage,  One good thing has come out of this.  I have blown the dust of the excell file and begun updating the list.  I have to do Peg's files, and then check the links mentioned in here and I'll send it through to Cal and Jeronij for updating.  I'll also post the PDF as per last time, and get someone to put it up here too.

SC4BOY

In the dependency list, the entry for BSC BAT Props RT Minecorp Vol 02 actually links to http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=403 (BSC MEGA Props - swi21 Vol01). Its possible this is correct, but given the link to Vol 01 goes to Vol 01 I doubt it.. worth a look anyways as to what is intended. I've tried to find it on a "SEARCH" via various key words and don't find it that way either.. MIA?

EDIT: FOUND IT  http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=652 is the correct link

Also looking for RT_ClayPit  listed as a dependency for BRT Coal Mine, by BRT. My searches don't find it.. thx

Diggis

RT claypit is a lot file, won't be on the list, but is on the LEX probably.  RT is riptide (you may have figured that you but...  :P) so search under his name.  It's probably the Thikasa Clay Pit you want.

BarbyW

I am replying to SC4Boy here although again it does not really belong in this thread. BRT was a joint venture by ripptide and me and uploaded by me. The BRT Industries Claypit is available on the LEX. For any BRT lots please search my files.

SC4BOY

Quote from: BarbyW on November 24, 2007, 12:17:23 AM
I am replying to SC4Boy here although again it does not really belong in this thread. BRT was a joint venture by ripptide and me and uploaded by me. The BRT Industries Claypit is available on the LEX. For any BRT lots please search my files.

Kind of you both to reply. I have to deal only with the information I get in the documentation in the file. In that file it is clearly called RT_claypit and nothing else.. and the link is broken so that is of no help.. I will use this info to see if I can succede here.. Thanks. I will dutifully look for "BRT Industries Claypit" and "Thikasa Clay Pit" and under "barbyw"  to see what I can find.  Yes I looked under both RT and ripptide (and BSC too as I recall) to no avail. As ALL of you know the search on the BSC Ex is very restrictive and does not allow me to search simply for "claypit" etc. Hoping all will forgive me for not knowing the history of every file.

I also know (or at least suspected even tho it is not identified other than "dependency") that it is a "lot"... of course to those trying to solve these problems this is just another obstacle.. I left the note as a part of another message clearly related to the dependency list.. and part of the same file set.. so begging pardons all around.

Oh and if I find it I will edit this reply to give the link.. http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=202 for BRT Industries Clay Pit.. LOL I see barbyw put this link in her reply... oh well .. I apologize and must confess that my eyesight is rather poor and the light blue on white is not good for me (I can read it fine, but can't tell its a link unless I mouse over it) .. thanks barby anyways.. :)

Jeronij I sincerely appreciate your help here, independent of the "issues".  I see your maturity and dedication to solving problems under whatever name..  thanks thanks.. :)

Thanks to all.

Henry Midfields

Pardon me, but I've been looking for the following dependency.

BSC MEGA Props - prepo Vol01.dat

However, I could not find it in the dependency list. Could someone please give me assistance? Thanks! :-[

Henry Midfields

Quote from: Henry Midfields on November 24, 2007, 10:32:16 PM
Pardon me, but I've been looking for the following dependency.

BSC MEGA Props - prepo Vol01.dat

However, I could not find it in the dependency list. Could someone please give me assistance? Thanks! :-[

I managed to find it via Power Search, thanks.  :) Nevertheless, could you folks please include this in the dependency list for other people?

SC4BOY

Looking for these: (Needed for Simgoobers EASYFLO plant)
PEG_MTP_TEXTURES_vol2
PEG_MTP_TEXTURES_vol1
They are not listed on the dependency list.

I did Find these:
PEG MTP Mountain Theme Pack 
PEG MTP Texture Pack 2a

Are these the same? When I look for "dependencies-textures" on the BSC Ex LEX it contains no files.

Also I am looking for (needed for BRT Coal Mine, by BRT)
PEG_MTP_RESOURCE_vol1

I find several items for PEG including a Mountain Theme Pak (MTP?) Any ideas which file or mega I actually need to get this resourse item? Perhaps PEG_MTP_RESOURCE_vol1 should be added to the dependency list as well?

capo

Yes they are the same.

edit:
PEG MTP Mountain Theme Pack contains the PEG_MTP_TEXTURES_vol1 and PEG_MTP_RESOURCE_vol1 files.

The complete history of Evergem ->My Mayor Diary <-
Come and visit Paroch Plein!

Diggis

They are available at simpeg.com.

Unfortunatly the names you are looking for are the names of the files, not the downloads.  I can't check all the file names and link them, as it would require me to download every single one of the files on the list, install them one by one and then find the name of the file, and add that to the list.  The people who write the readme's need to be providing you with the name of the download, or a link.  I can't add every single file name sorry.

Henry,  The file you requested is a recent file, and has been added to my master list, which I have a little more work to do and then I will send it through to Jeronij to update this one.  Any thing released after June isn't on there.

SC4BOY

Quote from: capo on November 25, 2007, 04:20:22 AM
Yes they are the same.

Thanks.. :)

Quote from: Diggis on November 25, 2007, 05:04:44 AM
They are available at simpeg.com.

Unfortunatly the names you are looking for are the names of the files, not the downloads.

Not much I can do about this either.. :(

I am surprised that something given a title "vol XX" is an "individual file".. *shakes head*
I mean all these "megapaks" I'm downloading are "just files" too.. I'm afraid your method of distinction is inadequate in this context.

QuoteThe people who write the readme's need to be providing you with the name of the download, or a link.  I can't add every single file name sorry.

Indeed. Maybe having them mentioned here will help that happen.. I certainly have no pipeline to developers.. or at least a far weaker one than others who participate here.. You indeed are faced with a tough task.. as are those who download things, then can't find dependencies.. ;)

I believe much progress is being made.. and time will mellow them to finer results..