• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New Updated Dependencies List ¡¡¡ ( Thanks to Diggis)

Started by jeronij, August 11, 2007, 06:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooker1

I quickly looked up his site http://gizmo.lunarpages.com/index.php and than looked for the downloads section and came up with THIS.  I believe he grouped them all together in "Maxis Train Props v4.0".

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

SC4BOY

Was using the LEX "Dependency Help" link and found the following

LEX Dependency Help LEX Links

BSC BAT Props SG Vol 02 links to PLEX Fixed (Diggis)
BSC BAT Props SG Vol 03 links to STEX Fixed (Diggis)
BSC BAT Props SG Vol 04 links to STEX Fixed (Diggis)
BSC BAT Props SG Vol 05 links to STEX Fixed (Diggis)
BSC BAT Props SG Vol 06 links to STEX Fixed (Diggis)

These link to empty files

Industrial Props Pack Vol 02   STEX Removed until I can find them (Diggis)
Industrial Props Pack Vol 03   STEX Removed until I can find them (Diggis)
Jeronij Props Vol 03 Plopable Trees & Seasonal Woods STEX LEX link added (Diggis)

carkid1998

Most links to the STEX just say nothing found... ??? 
Sendona... Coming soon!

SC4BOY

Oh all of them work. My point is that they are in the blue HYPERTEXT "LEX" slot.. therefore there is no link to the LEX. Perhaps there is no LEX link in which case the "LEX" label probably should be removed on those dependencies. If the STEX link is non-functioning, it in turn should probably be deleted.

tamorr

I thought all those SG BAT prop files were in the SG MEGA Props vol 1 file... %confuso
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

SC4BOY

Quote from: tamorr on August 12, 2009, 03:34:58 PM
I thought all those SG BAT prop files were in the SG MEGA Props vol 1 file... %confuso

In that case I'd think they would link to that file then... in any case, they are "broken" as they currently stand.

PRCastellanos

I'm not sure what to do, I try to download the BCS essentials and any other dependency files on here but I'm not sure if I'm just a huge noob or wat but I can not find any links to actually download the files... all the links just send to the page. I'd appreciate any help I get thanks.... ()what() ()what()

Swamper77

The login to the LEX is a separate registration from the forums. You'll need to create an account on the LEX before you can download the files.

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

major snafu

Great list and very helpful.  But I've run into a snag and I can't find the dependencies for the following:

When I try to plop BSC BLS Oil Ports (or any of the related ports in this package), I see the big brown box of missing dependancy.  But I cann't figure out what I am missing.  Can someone shed some light?

Diggis

Quote from: major snafu on November 05, 2009, 07:14:39 PM
Great list and very helpful.  But I've run into a snag and I can't find the dependencies for the following:

When I try to plop BSC BLS Oil Ports (or any of the related ports in this package), I see the big brown box of missing dependancy.  But I cann't figure out what I am missing.  Can someone shed some light?

The list will only help if you know what you are missing.  You need to find the readme for the oil ports and make sure you have ALL the listed dependencies.

llwalker5967

Hello to whoever,

I am pretty new to all of this and I have a few questions: 

What are the differences between prop and texture packs and why do I need them (aside from listed dependencies)?

I understand the concept of the Cleanitol programs but do not fully understand how it works.  What more should I do than just make sure the file is in my plugins folder?  How do I know which cleanitol files I need?

Finally, while most of my downloads have an installer program, some don't.  How do I ensure that I have properly downloaded an item if all it comes with is a blank paper icon and not a zipper file?

Thank You So Much!

adroman

Props are models of objects that are placed on LOTs... They become dependencies when others upload Lots with props on them, so the upload links to the pack so the LOT will show correctly in game.

Textures are the base of the LOTs, if there were no textures we'd just see straight through the LOT (which is sometimes desirable) Textures are images that are placed on the bottom of the lot to show the ground texture, i.e. Concrete, Grass, Sand etc.. ... Again, when people upload LOTs with Custom textures they must tell the user where to find the textures, otherwise the LOT will not display correctly in game.

Cleanitol, to my understanding of it, deletes unnecessary files... which saves you space. A "cleanitol" file may be included in some 'MEGA' packs, these packs are usually condensed versions of old packs, therefore the older files are no longer necessary, ergo wasting space. The .txt file included with the Packs is opened with Cleanitol, that's all it's used for. Cleanitol will also move the files associated with Readmes out of your Plugins folder (.html, .jpeg, .txt etc.)

If the file, whether it be a .desc, .sc4model, .sc4lot, .dat all go into the Plugin folder under SimCity 4 in your Documents... Unless told otherwise in the Download's description.

Once you extract the Zipped folder you just place the contents into your Plugins folder, unless the readme says otherwise. If there is no Zipper, you just place the "blank paper icon" straight into the plug ins folder.

Essentially, read the Readmes and try different things out, see what works for you  ;)

If you need any further assistance, PM me...
Adrian.
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

jim4866

&apls Thanks Diggis for all the hard work so we can spend more time enjoying the game and less time searching.

Diggis

Just to keep you all informed, I am finally starting work on updating this.  Unfortunately the STEX appears to have been completely restructured resulting in new links.  I think it's not a big job to change them, but STEX is down again so I can't check.  It's a simple change that I will apply shortly.  The STEX links will be working again soon.

Anyways, there are about an additional 300 or so to add, so it'll be a while before I get them all up there.

Please keep posting if you find any errors, Now I understand how the list works on here I will try and keep it updated more regularly.

RippleJet

Quote from: Diggis on November 21, 2009, 04:20:33 AM
I think it's not a big job to change them, but STEX is down again so I can't check.  Anyways, there are about an additional 300 or so to add, so it'll be a while before I get them all up there.

You need a better shovel... ;D

Diggis

Quote from: dragonshardz on June 07, 2009, 11:51:50 AM
As far as I know there isn't. As to why, have you SEEN the length of that list? Jeez! It's GINOURMOUS!

Just saw this... the list on the site is about 670 long, and I am in the process of adding a further 200 or so.

Quote from: mtg on June 07, 2009, 11:46:19 AM
is there a cleanitole file of the dep.list? if yes where is it? if no why not?

To create a cleanitol for these you would need to download every single file, copy the names of all the files they contain into a txt document, and the link after it.  Given there are nearly 900 of them, and most of them contain multiple files...  Nope.. not going to happen. :-[

xxdita

Quote from: Diggis on November 22, 2009, 02:50:45 AM
To create a cleanitol for these you would need to download every single file, copy the names of all the files they contain into a txt document, and the link after it.  Given there are nearly 900 of them, and most of them contain multiple files...  Nope.. not going to happen. :-[

Yeah, nobody in their right mind would even attempt it.

The biggest problem with having a Cleanitol like this would be that people would use it, thinking that just because a file is on the list, it's a standard dependency for many of the lots they'll want to use, so they'll download every file, and end up with a couple gigabytes of props that will never show up in-game. Or, a lotter will use some obscure prop they found while searching through the list, along with several BSC prop packs, at least one of which would most likely contain a suitable alternative. PIMX, with it's LE-X makes this even more of a possibility, since you can actually see each prop before you place it. Of course being able to also see a substitute in PIMX, that is in a prop pack that you've already used for another prop, is also a possibility.

Not that every prop a lotter would ever use will be nicely wrapped up in a BSC Mega Prop Pack. There are quite a few really good props that have been made through the years by individuals and teams not affiliated with BSC. But, mostLEX uploads make use of the Mega Packs, as those are the props we (BSC) are most familiar with, and generally prefer. Plus, it limits the number of dependencies to a level comfortable enough with most players, and limits the number of files in our plugins (in theory at least).

For the dependencies you need, the best place to start is (almost) always the ReadMe file (that should have been) included with the lot.

Of course, you could always check the Cleanitols For Free thread (link's in my signature), for specific things. Reminds me, I need to get back to work on that, huh?

Diggis

Right... just in case anyone is actually checking, I am marking the changes I make.  Just because they say done, doesn't mean I have uploaded the change yet.  The changes will be uploaded when I am finished adding the packs.  And I just realised that I had forgotten the STEX textures.  :'(

PaPa-J

This was listed as Dependencies for SimGoober's Pepsi Bottling Company and they are not on your list.  Don't know if it is listed with a different name.

BSC Mega Props CP_PropPack_Vol01.dat

This Pack is also not on your list.  I found it on the LEX though.  It says that it is lots but SimGoober listed it as a Dependency for one of his lots.
SimCityRail Utility Lots  The actual listing said BSC_SimCityRailUtils_v2.dat I am not sure if it is the same pack or not.

This was not on your list but it is in the LEX.
BSC MEGA Props - Misc Vol02.dat
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.