• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New Updated Dependencies List ¡¡¡ ( Thanks to Diggis)

Started by jeronij, August 11, 2007, 06:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wouanagaine

The number displayed is the IID of the building or the lot ( I don't remember ). And the IID is based on the date the lot/building was created

Make sure you have latest datPacker ( v.08c ), the previous one ( v.08 or v.08b ) could have messed your packed files ( and only packed files ) the way you described

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

HandsOn

Quote from: xxdita on February 10, 2008, 04:05:27 AM
It could very well be that you have removed lots with Cleanitol that you had not demolished beforehand. This would almost certainly give you the Missing Plugin error. You may want to have a look at this thread for more help with that.

As it happens, I just found out what the plug-in was. DaddyO's excellent albeit mundane U-Haul centre and its extras had been corrupted during a back-up and restore operation. The way I discovered it is almost amusing: a very old (from the early 90ties) DOS Utility which came with then Norton Tools: a Hex Inspector & Disassembler! It found what no other search tool found: a reference burried in one of the lot files. The strange thing, though, is that the accompaning bonus pack lists no dependencies but still gives me brownb boxes, even though I do have the required BSC mega pack.

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

xxdita

Have you tried using SC4Tool to scan for dependencies? Could be that the lot creator neglected to mention, or wasn't aware of one?

HandsOn

Quote from: xxdita on February 11, 2008, 01:49:13 AM
Have you tried using SC4Tool to scan for dependencies? Could be that the lot creator neglected to mention, or wasn't aware of one?

Great idea. Did not know SC4Tool could do that; thought it was a utility reserved for folks creating these marvels.

And although this may not be the forum for this: is there a way to build bridges over land, say between two hills or mountains?

dragonshardz

yes, look through the latest (ie last 5 to 10) pages of 3RR and there'll be a link to the turorial

RippleJet

Quote from: HandsOn on February 11, 2008, 07:48:40 AM
And although this may not be the forum for this: is there a way to build bridges over land, say between two hills or mountains?

Quote from: dragonshardz on February 11, 2008, 04:22:18 PM
yes, look through the latest (ie last 5 to 10) pages of 3RR and there'll be a link to the turorial

Better take a look here: How to build a land bridge! :thumbsup:

xxdita

Though most of the programs have been created for Custom Content Creators, they can be very helpful for anyone that's ever downloaded a lot that just didn't work right as well. With the proper tutorial, you can easily fix these problems for yourself, often faster than the creator can figure out the root of the problem. And by the time you have learned the basics, and tweaked a few lots for your own use, you'll find you've become a bit of a Modder yourself.

HandsOn

Quote from: xxdita on February 12, 2008, 04:16:32 AM
Though most of the programs have been created for Custom Content Creators, they can be very helpful for anyone that's ever downloaded a lot that just didn't work right as well. With the proper tutorial, you can easily fix these problems for yourself, often faster than the creator can figure out the root of the problem. And by the time you have learned the basics, and tweaked a few lots for your own use, you'll find you've become a bit of a Modder yourself.

Out of interest: what language was SC4Tools written in?

dragonshardz

I don't know...Python or one of the C variants I think...

Andreas

Quote from: HandsOn on February 12, 2008, 06:58:33 AM
Out of interest: what language was SC4Tools written in?

I know nothing about programming, so I'm not sure, but I think it was written in C#.
Andreas

khoianh94

The dependency list is quite nice!  :thumbsup:

The BSC seems to have quite many dependency packs...  :D

RebaLynnTS

Quote from: wouanagaine on February 10, 2008, 08:03:49 AM
The number displayed is the IID of the building or the lot ( I don't remember ). And the IID is based on the date the lot/building was created

Make sure you have latest datPacker ( v.08c ), the previous one ( v.08 or v.08b ) could have messed your packed files ( and only packed files ) the way you described

Just to clairify, testing some files, I found that that Missing Pack ID number, displayed in game, is the decimal version of the hex number of the lot.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

HandsOn

Quote from: RebaLynnTS on March 21, 2008, 09:18:54 PM

Just to clairify, testing some files, I found that that Missing Pack ID number, displayed in game, is the decimal version of the hex number of the lot.

Great, Becca. But now how can we get the name? Because this still appears. Elsewhere someone mentioned that this concerns the missing pieces DaddyO forgot to include in his UHaul lots, but when I remove those lots and uninstall his stuff, the message still appears.

RebaLynnTS

If you open the save file, of the city, in the reader, you can look though the exemplars in it, to find the hex value in the plugin pack id property (it should also be the instance number of the exemplar, so if you sort the files in reader but Instance, it might be quicker to find). Then just check the name.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

HandsOn

Thanks, Becca; I'll try that once I've fullfilled today's cultural obligations imposed by the wife.. &mmm

Gringamuyloca

A newbie to the world of plug ins.... just got a new pc that can handle the game, so I'm busy collecting dependencies! I love what I have found amongst my fellow gamers! Too good to be true!..

Back to the subject line... when I'm at the The Dependencies List July - 2007 and click on the BSC BAT Props MJB Mega Pack link I end up HERE. Is this the 'New' dependency, or is it an incorrect link. I have been searching this site as well as Simtropolis for info, alas no luck...

Can you help?

Thanks,
Gringamuyloca

Fixed, thanks (diggis)
Tamara

Diggis

Woops.   No thats not right at all.

Heres the right link:  BSC BAT Props MJB Mega Pack 

jeronij

I have merged the topics so I'll have all the fixes togheter  ;D . The wrong links will be fixed asap.
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Gringamuyloca

Thanks for such a quick response...  $%Grinno$%

and for the effort you put into the Dependencies List &apls ...what a fantastic resource.... ( the only thing that could make it better is a 'created' date column... just to be able to double check files that were downloaded prior to discovering fileexchange :D )

Muchas Gracias Diggis!!!

Gringamuyloca
Tamara