• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Funny Fact about SimPeg

Started by ChiefZDN, April 13, 2017, 06:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChiefZDN

Sorry if I breaking the rules and sorry if the board is incorrect. Sorry if the image resolution is big.

Hello everyone,

As far as we know, SimPeg was shutted down in 2015. The cause of shutdown is a big website error and data corruption (this is made the error can't fixed). And now, SimPeg name is filled with other site. In Indonesia where I live, SimPeg is resulting to 'sistem kepegawaian'* or in English, employee system, that is used by various institutions, including education institutions. The popular site, regardless of country, should rank first in the search. You can see the screenshot in the attachment.

Don't forget, the world sometimes not unique. And, I say thank you.

*Actually Sistem Informasi Manajemen Pegawai

SimCity V6

Quote from: ChiefZDN on April 13, 2017, 06:37:42 PM
Sorry if I breaking the rules and sorry if the board is incorrect. Sorry if the image resolution is big.

Hello everyone,

As far as we know, SimPeg was shutted down in 2015. The cause of shutdown is a big website error and data corruption (this is made the error can't fixed). And now, SimPeg name is filled with other site. In Indonesia where I live, SimPeg is resulting to 'sistem kepegawaian'* or in English, employee system, that is used by various institutions, including education institutions. The popular site, regardless of country, should rank first in the search. You can see the screenshot in the attachment.

Don't forget, the world sometimes not unique. And, I say thank you.

*Actually Sistem Informasi Manajemen Pegawai

Sure, but I believe these were probably around before or during SimPeg's time. These may not share the same domain as the SimPeg site that suffered. Anyhow, I'm not too sure they're infringing since SimPeg was not a huge corporation-type thing.

APSMS

It would still be infringing, but there are a lot of things named SimPeg apparently, even in America.

Since they're all different things, such copyright problems are likely to be pursued since there's no crossover or confusion of product, and they were likely derived from different things.

Plus, SimPeg.com is the canonical domain to be looking for. everything else is fair game.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

ChiefZDN

Sorry if this reply off-topic.

Also, there is simtropolis.co. Fortunately, the domain isn't used. However, ST must track that domain because if the domain is purchased and go popular, ST rank will be in compromise.

Also, if you search on Google, you can see SimPEG (w/ all-caps PEG, simpeg.xyz. You may heard this.). That is a free simulator app (simulate geophysics). That's written on Python.