• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simtropolis infected?

Started by Wiimeiser, August 18, 2015, 07:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiimeiser

Simtropolis appears to be infected with malware. Worse, it seems to be a false positive or an ad. It is physically impossible for me to access it in Chrome. I deleted my bookmark. Can someone please slap Google over the head with something illegal in Alabama?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

APSMS

I'd love to do that, but just to Chrome, not Google as a whole. FWIW, I'm getting the same thing on Firefox.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Pioneer

Whenever I try to visit the "Show me..." threads on my smartphone, a bunch of clickbait automatically redirects me to some ads or whatever.

Wiimeiser

Quote from: Pioneer on August 18, 2015, 07:43:10 PM
Whenever I try to visit the "Show me..." threads on my smartphone, a bunch of clickbait automatically redirects me to some ads or whatever.
At least we know it's not a false positive. Which only makes things worse...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

gtaman

Pat

I have adblock plus on chrome and not having any issues other then watching a video its kinda jumpy in the sound

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

art128

Quote from: gtaman on August 18, 2015, 10:06:19 PM
Try adblock plus

Basically this. Install adblock plus and all your worries will go away.

Though Firefox just gave me a "Reported attack site!" alert when I tried to access the "Do I have a Virus or does ST have new ads" thread.
Rest of the website seems to be working good, however.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Tarkus

I'm also on Firefox (and have AdBlock Plus, NoScript, and Ghostery running).  Pretty much any forum thread comes up with the "Reported Attack Page!" issue.  No idea what's happening there--it could be as simple as someone having an avatar or signature banner that's hosted on another site that also happens to be a "Reported Attack Page!", or there could be something legitimately wrong.  It's really hard to tell from this end, though I'm sure Dirk and staff are on it.

-Alex

bombardiere

It has some serious ad issues. If you are not logged in you get horrible pop ups and even page hijacks. Instead of showing the thread it redirects to an adsite.

If I am logged in, I have no problems. No ads, no popups.

It begun something like two three weeks ago. I am not sure, but I don't think that is a virus infection.

belfastsocrates

I use Opera with Adblock Plus and I've never had an issue. The only annoyance is the Adfly links which appear when clicking on various links to either SC4D or or other parts of the site.

A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

emanuelfranco0390

I have the same problem, I'm now using Chrome with uBlock, the same with Mozilla.

It says:

"The site you are about to access contains malicious software"

"The current site community.simtropolis.com attackers could try to install dangerous software on your computer to steal or delete your information (for example , pictures , passwords, messages and credit cards) ."

:( &cry2

Vizoria

I saw something when I entered Simtropolis about an hour ago. I ignored though since I have AVG to run an entire computer scan and that will pick up anything nasty.