• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Simlympic Games - Competitor List Clean-Out

Started by Joe 90, February 22, 2013, 02:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe 90

Similarly to the Olympics, the Simlympic Games sees nations from around the SimWorld compete in over 400 events in 49 sports, with the familiar gold, silver, and bronze medals awarded to the winning athletes. Each Simlympiad is held in a city selected by the International Simlympic Committee (ISC) from an open bidding process. All nations are welcome to participate in the Games and to bid for the honour of hosting the next Simlympiad. For more information on the Games, please click here.

In the years since the Simlympics began, we have continually added new nations as people have joined the Simlympic movement. However, we have rarely removed nations, meaning our competitor list contains more than a few inactive nations. Therefore, we are scrapping the current list, and starting with a clean slate for the next games.

To ensure you are part of the Simlympic movement for the XVIII Simlympiad in June, you will have to do one of two things:

• CURRENTLY ENTERED NATIONS simply reply to confirm your entry. We have all your nation's details already.
  • NEW NATIONS will need to signup with their nation name, flag, and three-letter NSC code (eg. USA, GBR etc.).
Confirmations and new entries can both go in this thread.

Sign-ups never really close for the Simlympics, but to be included in the XVIII Games in June you will need to have signed up by mid May at the latest.

We look forward to seeing your country represented alongside the rest of the SimWorld in the near future!
- International Simlympic Committee

Joe 90

A quick reminder that with one month to go until the XVIII Simlympiad, you must re-signup if you want to be a part of the largest Sim-sporting event in or out of the world.

We look forward to you joining us for the Games. :)

Serkanner

Good luck to all participants. I am looking forwards to the bids. I am sure they will be great.  :thumbsup:

MandelSoft

I'd like to sign up these two new nations:

- (the Federal Republic of) Schellingen, BRS

- (the Republic of) Imaginia, IMG
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Joe 90

We only allow one nation per person, Maarten. I know its like picking a favourite child, but thems the rules.

Quote from: Serkanner on May 04, 2013, 04:15:28 AM
Good luck to all participants. I am looking forwards to the bids. I am sure they will be great.  :thumbsup:
Bids are here: http://simsports.darkbb.com/f49-xviii-simlympiad-jun-13-bids
Bidding closes in a little over 24 hours if you want to get in at the very last minute!

MandelSoft

OK, I think I'll favour Schellingen over Imaginia (actually I'd like to combine the two as one participant, if that's possible, all under the country flag and code of Schellingen) and let the Imaginain sporters participate in the Schellingen team
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Joe 90

Quote from: MandelSoft on May 05, 2013, 01:59:41 AM
OK, I think I'll favour Schellingen over Imaginia (actually I'd like to combine the two as one participant, if that's possible, all under the country flag and code of Schellingen) and let the Imaginain sporters participate in the Schellingen team
Done. :)