• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Anyone know what happened to this project?

Started by Indiana Joe, November 14, 2012, 02:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indiana Joe

I was musing about when I stumbled across some pictures of a nearly completed project that involved making wide and diagonal runways for the RMIP.

As you can see on pages 58 http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6092.0 and 59 http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6091.0 of the 3RR archives, dedgren (whom I noticed recently posted about SC4D's 6th birthday) mentions that the wide runway part of the project is complete.  You can just tell from the pictures how  close it must be to completion.

My question is obviously what happened to this?  This would be an amazing addition to the existing RMIP.

Tarkus

The "(not-the)-RMIP", or "nt-RMIP" project had been worked on by an ad-hoc group that David (dedgren) had assembled, and it had gotten to the point where they had a few lots left on the diagonal side, with testing, packaging, and documentation left.  Due to RL and other projects, the nt-RMIP group passed the project onto the AC Team at the end of 2007, but they have since been occupied with RL and other projects (X-Ports, RMIP-3, etc.).  I believe some files ended up getting lost in the transition, too.

-Alex

Indiana Joe

That really, really sucks.  Especially since it came so close.  What I would give to get my hands on any of those files.  Oh well, I guess.

fafalone

The existing nt-RMIP diags were never released anywhere? I'm pretty sure I saw them posted somewhere... like a vague recollection of them being attached to a thread or something.

If these files were never released publicly I'd have to get dedgren's permission since he's still around, but I do have most of them. Seems to be everything except the rapid exits, only have the ortho taxiway connectors.

noahclem

I've never seen them released anywhere but would definitely like to see their release. Anything to fight the grid  ;D