• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mrdazza's skippy bats

Started by mrdazza_460, February 01, 2010, 02:17:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wes.janson

That stadium looks amazing!

What crazy sport is that field for? I'm Canadian, so I get confused when sports don't involve some sort of frozen surface.

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

joelyboy911

@ wes.janson - this is a sport totally unknown to nations other than Australia - It's called AFL which stands for Australian Football League. Some people claim it to be a variant of Rugby (before the League-Union split), however the similarities are limited.

Its commonly known as "Footie" in Australia, and "Aussie Rules" in New Zealand. It's not, however, commonly played in NZ (some people may be aware that New Zealand is a seperate country from Australia :P).

@Mr Dazza - you're doing a great job here!
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

thingfishs

The sport is called 'Australian Rules Football'. The AFL is the national league but it's also played at state, district and school levels. The most similar sport to it that I know of is Gaelic Football. Basically you're trying to get the ball between those posts, between the middle two is 6 points and inside the outer posts is 1 point. It is very much embedded in Australian culture.

wes.janson

Quote from: joelyboy911 on March 01, 2010, 07:29:54 PM
@ wes.janson - this is a sport totally unknown to nations other than Australia - It's called AFL which stands for Australian Football League. Some people claim it to be a variant of Rugby (before the League-Union split), however the similarities are limited.

Thanks for dropping some knowledge. I learned something new today.

Quote from: joelyboy911 on March 01, 2010, 07:29:54 PM
Its commonly known as "Footie" in Australia, and "Aussie Rules" in New Zealand. It's not, however, commonly played in NZ (some people may be aware that New Zealand is a seperate country from Australia :P).

Most aussies I've met claim that the only thing wrong with NZ is that it's above sea level  :D

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

superhands

QuoteMost aussies I've met claim that the only thing wrong with NZ is that it's above sea level

the other wrong thing would be television shows we get fed, like "highway patrol" and "outrageous fortune" ??? :P

QuoteWhat crazy sport is that field for?

it's also for Cricket.

-Dave

joelyboy911

Quote from: superhands on March 02, 2010, 06:11:10 AM
the other wrong thing would be television shows we get fed, like "highway patrol" and "outrageous fortune" ??? :P

No-one straps you down and forces you to watch them. We also receive such nonsense as "Home and Away" and "Kath and Kim".  :D
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

penguin007

You have to make a cricket version!!! We need a cricket stadium on this game!!

Will

mrdazza_460

Thanks for all your nice comments  hopefully it will be finished in the next week or so, been very busy  at work lately so I haven't had the time to finish it,   

w2kpilot

QuoteNo-one straps you down and forces you to watch them.

?How do you know :D :D

CarmineHilton

Wonderful work on that stadium, totally loving it! :)
Maybe you could do a version with a tennis field? :)

mrdazza_460

Quote from: wes.janson on March 02, 2010, 12:14:04 AM
Thanks for dropping some knowledge. I learned something new today.

Most aussies I've met claim that the only thing wrong with NZ is that it's above sea level  :D

Well it is the grates game in the world 
I would also like to point out that there is no off side rule, its a 360 degree game, you can run any where at any time, it is a very high scoring game as well, 15 to 20 goals should win you the match, depending on who you are playing,   the  two arcs you see represent 50 Meters, Most AFL players can kick 50 Meters or more.

There are actuly two ex-ALF player going around in the NFL Ben Graham, and Anthony Rocker, Ben Graham clam to fame is he could kick the ball 90 Meter, he was a o.k player i guess, kicking is not everything in ALF         
Also my logo hear is the western bulldogs logo a team in the AFL, if you are going to support at team, I think every one should support them     

Duvad

That looks so good. All your work seems to be of the highest Australian-BATs quality I've seen, though there isn't as much of that around as there should be.

But I've got to request the cricket version, too. Bigger fan of cricket than footy.:$

I wonder if its possible to make the actual ground a prop that changes from cricket to footy markings in March, and then back again in October or something, and how that would influence the shadows, etc.

thingfishs

Quote from: mrdazza_460 on March 04, 2010, 04:10:01 AM
There are actuly two ex-ALF player going around in the NFL Ben Graham, and Anthony Rocker

Amazing the career paths people can take these days, I had no idea those guys used to be ALF. :D

btw, why I really checked in here was to wish you a big 

Hope to see you round these parts again soon... ;)