• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Of Special Interest Interviews

Started by threestooges, November 01, 2012, 08:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threestooges

Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the first in a series of interviews this month. In celebration of the Site's birthday, and of the Mayor's Diaries and Custom Content threads being honored this month, several members have agreed to do interviews to chat a bit about what it is they do, why they do it, and whatever else comes along.

You may view it using the embedded player below or watch it here on Youtube.

Join us for the first of these interviews as we chat with CasperVg:

http://www.youtube.com/v/Eg9tiWst4B0

spot

Cool interview. I went to see the seawall episode and im very interested in the modified diagonal bridge mod CasperVG created. Is there a place i can download it from ?

Haljackey

Wow, very well done guys! I really enjoyed the interview.

threestooges

Quote from: spot on November 01, 2012, 09:42:39 PM
...interested in the modified diagonal bridge mod CasperVG created. Is there a place i can download it from ?
The mod was created by the NAM Team and is available for download on the LEX.

spot

Quote from: threestooges on November 01, 2012, 09:53:11 PM
...interested in the modified diagonal bridge mod CasperVG created. Is there a place i can download it from ?
yes yes, im aware of the mod. What i meant was, how did he modified it in a way that it allows you to terraform.
Which values of the exemplar did he change?

Pat

Matt and Casper very great interview here wow!!! loved it

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

art128

Quote from: spot on November 01, 2012, 10:03:56 PM
Quote from: threestooges on November 01, 2012, 09:53:11 PM
yes yes, im aware of the mod. What i meant was, how did he modified it in a way that it allows you to terraform.
Which values of the exemplar did he change?

Like he said in the interview its one of the thing he made and never released. I'll say more, it will never be released as a mod itself. A tutorial from himself is more likely to happen than a modified mod release.

--

I'm at the middle of the interview and I can already say you did a nice job with it, Matt! And nice interview Casper, it's nice to know a bit more.  :thumbsup: &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

rooker1

Awesome work on the the first interview Matt and Casper!!
I really enjoyed it.

Robin &apls &apls
Call me Robin, please.

MandelSoft

Excellent interview, Matt! I really enjoyed listening to it (good questions and equally good answers, really in-depth). It's always nice to know other people's opinions and views about things and play-styles.

Anyway, I'm very curious which people are getting interviewed next ;)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

threestooges

Thanks for all the good thoughts so far everyone. Glad to hear it's being enjoyed. There will be more to come this month, so keep an eye on this thread during the month.

Quote from: MandelSoft on November 02, 2012, 07:01:51 AM
Anyway, I'm very curious which people are getting interviewed next ;)
It's a mystery, oooOOOooohhhh. *wiggles finger spookily*

There will hopefully be one each week (more if I get the time for them) revolving around this month's OSITM and the Site's birthday. However, if there's interest, I'd be interested in continuing this. It's been fun so far getting to know people here more in-depth.

-Matt

Jmouse

Great work on the interview, Matt and Casper. I've enjoyed watching your in-game videos, Casper, so it's an extra-special pleasure to get even more insight into why and how you play our favorite game.

Thanks and congratulations go out to you, Matt, for starting the SC4D Anniversary with such a thoroughly entertaining and thoughtful interview. I hope there will be many more in the days and weeks to come...

-Joan

mave94

Great interview! :) I like the idea of interviewing OSITM people. I really enjoyed the interview, thanks for that. It was great seeing some images/video during the interview. Seems like there are more 'young people' than I thought. I am 17 now, nearly eighteen. I look forward to other people being interviewed.

-Matthijs

noahclem

Awesome interview Matt and Casper  &apls  It's very interesting to hear about others' playing styles, histories and advice. I look forward to the rest of the month  ;)

Cool interview. I went to see the seawall episode and im very interested in the modified diagonal bridge mod CasperVG created. Is there a place i can download it from ?

Check out my tutorial on how to change your sea level  :thumbsup:

sunv123

Quote from: mave94 on November 05, 2012, 06:47:24 AM
Great interview! :) I like the idea of interviewing OSITM people.
Me too, I think it is great idea, because they have done such a hard job here at sc4devotion, and that makes us want to know why they do what they do.
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

threestooges

Good to hear the feedback everyone. Glad the first one was well received.

There's a new MD in here now as part of the 4-in-1 November celebration: bringing you as much interest as possible during our anniversary month. That MD is Siilijoki, by noahclem. Join us for the interview.

There will also be another interview in a few days too featuring Rambuckel, who just ended her week in OSITM.

Enjoy the show.

http://www.youtube.com/v/qbL10r0Vn_Q

Swordmaster

Ho, wait, I still have to listen to Casper! I'm very glad you're doing these interviews, Matt, and I think you're very good at them. Nice listening to you, and good questions, too. I'd love it if you keep doing this beyond this month.

And great to hear about Noah's ideas and style. And to finally hear how to pronounce Siilijoki right :)

Cheers
Willy

Cheers
Willy

art128

Great work on your interview Noah. Thank you Matt for doing these! As Willy said you're very good at it.. When you speak, the way you ask your question, everything is neat-professional.

Looking forward to the next one!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

MandelSoft

Nice interview, again, though I would like to mention that you CAN plop ressidentials that don't abandon. It's just quite tricky (you need enough jobs for them), but I managed to keep this sustainable:

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

sunv123

Wow, i didn't know that before :shocked2:

Quote from: MandelSoft on November 10, 2012, 03:50:00 AM
Nice interview, again, though I would like to mention that you CAN plop ressidentials that don't abandon. It's just quite tricky (you need enough jobs for them), but I managed to keep this sustainable:

Best,
Maarten
Great interview Matt and Noah :thumbsup:
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

noahclem

Great work Matt and thanks again  &apls  And thanks you to those who commented here  :thumbsup:

Maarten, I'm aware that residentials can be plopped without abandoning but I meant that they can't commute and don't function as normal residentials. Nice picture, btw!

sunv123 and others: resdidentials can only be plopped using the lotplop/buildingplop cheats and only placed over existing, functioning residential areas  "$Deal"$