• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SimCity 2013

Started by WC_EEND, March 13, 2013, 08:22:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WC_EEND

First things first: this thread is not meant to be an EA/Maxis/SimCity 2013-bashing thread

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, the main goal of this thread is for people who actually own the game to share experiences, air their frustrations, post screenshots etc.
The reason for starting a new thread is that I feel that the thread in the news section has served its purpose now that the game is actually out and I felt like it belonged here more.

Before I forget: my origin ID is WC_EEND91 and I usually play on one of the EU servers.

Xander
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

MattyFo

No answers? Is anyone playing this game?

I used to be very active on these forums and loved SC4 but when my laptop died and I lost the city I was building for 3 years I was devastated  :'( and I never got my laptop fixed, and SC4 doesn't run on my desktop because it is "too good" for SC4 and it crashes every 20 minutes or so.

Anyways, is Sim City 2013 worth getting? I figured if there was a good discussion about it anywhere it would be here!

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!

threestooges

It hit some really hard bumps early on that it's struggled to recover from. Personally, from what I've seen of its gameplay, I'd probably prefer to spend my time figuring out how to get SC4 running on the newer computer. There are a few threads around here which were dedicated to that.

That said, if you'd like some thoughts on the game, I follow this guy on youtube (BdoubleO100) for his Minecraft stuff, but he recently started a Sim City Let's Play. You can find the playlist here. Seeing the game in action, it's not one I'm particularly drawn to, but then, I'm not you, so give it a look.
-Matt

MattyFo

Yeah,  that's kinda the impression I'm getting.  After checking a few other gaming forums.  One standout comment was "what did you like most about sc4? Chances are this game doesn't have any of them". 

I watched another let's play and wasn't overly impressed. What is wrong with game developers these days? All they had to do was take Sc4, improve the graphics add a free camera and some features from sc4 that the community couldn't mod and done. Instead the go completely different direction. I think I'm just going to try to get SC4 to run on my Pc and am going to try and salvage my HDD from my laptop and hopefully my SC4 documents folder survived..... Fingers crossed

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!

Indiana Joe

Quote from: MattyFo on January 05, 2014, 12:46:56 PM
Yeah,  that's kinda the impression I'm getting.  After checking a few other gaming forums.  One standout comment was "what did you like most about sc4? Chances are this game doesn't have any of them". 

I watched another let's play and wasn't overly impressed. What is wrong with game developers these days? All they had to do was take Sc4, improve the graphics add a free camera and some features from sc4 that the community couldn't mod and done. Instead the go completely different direction. I think I'm just going to try to get SC4 to run on my Pc and am going to try and salvage my HDD from my laptop and hopefully my SC4 documents folder survived..... Fingers crossed

Based on the description of your technical problem with SC4, it sounds like you just need to set the application's affinity to one core only (the game's not stable on multicore processors).

All you have to do is add a space and -CPUCount:1 to the end of the target line (right click on SC4 icon, "Properties," box labeled "target")

jaredh

SC 2013 is akin to the type of game you would expect to buy for $4.99 on the app store.

I highly advise people to not put one penny into it unless they are very very casual gamers.  Anybody who classifies as more than very casual isn't going to like it beyond 3-4 days....because that is about the staying power it has.

MattyFo

Quote from: Indiana Joe on January 05, 2014, 03:56:57 PM

Based on the description of your technical problem with SC4, it sounds like you just need to set the application's affinity to one core only (the game's not stable on multicore processors).

All you have to do is add a space and -CPUCount:1 to the end of the target line (right click on SC4 icon, "Properties," box labeled "target")

Thanks, I actually just finished moving SC4 from my external drive to my main game so I could get going on it again.

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!

M4346

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine