• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your games oddities

Started by TheTeaCat, November 27, 2006, 09:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanami

Multi Track Drifting...

idk that every 7.5m overpass over rail I have always had its pathway in RHD instead of LHD creating this funny glitch

Tyberius06

Trains jump down from the overpass to catch the change... It's pretty annoying behavior from the traffic simulator... :D :D

You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

eggman121

Yikes what a drop!

Unfortunately there is not much that can be done to mitigate that behavior. I have resorted to only Orthogonal or Diagonal crossings only when two rails intersect and cross without a turnout. Bit annoying but there is not much you can do about that behavior.

It is all due to the fact that if the exit points are the same it mucks up the traffic simulator and the pathing. It thinks you are changing track and takes the shortest route.

-eggman121

Wiimeiser

AFAIK the only path type that doesn't do that is car paths, those require both an entrance and exit, whereas everything else just requires an exit. I wonder, if you put two exits coming from different sides at opposite ends of the same exit side would it still do that?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

j-dub

What I'd like to know if there is such a thing that stops the ghost shells of trains/semi automatta, where it don't fade all the way for some reason, and just sits there, and won't disappear. Surely some of you must know what I'm talking about.

CasperVg

This just happened after I tried to change the direction of a one-way road... First the game locked up for about 5 minutes, and then all these wonky avenue pieces suddenly came into existence

Looks even worse in closer zoom:

Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

AsimPika3172

Wow...  :o Too much "agriculture" version of Roads...  :D
I loves Sim City forever!

Alan_Waters

But with traffic jams on the roads will not be a problem.  :D :D :D

Haljackey

When you try to play a high-elevation city on Christmas

brick_mortimer

Trying to build one street:

Tadaa!

???  :o
Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

PaPa-J

Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

Wiimeiser

I noticed that too. From what I'm able to tell, it's a bug specifically with the rail network, and it's to do with the code that's designed to fill in autostreet gaps when you drag a zone across a rail. I think it's supposed to be an anti frustration feature for the casual market, who might get confused if they drag a zone across rail and half of it doesn't develop, but for some reason it looks like tries to connect streets and dirt roads to any network directly across... Which begs the question of if there are any railside roads in California at all... Maybe we should call for SimMaster's help again...

Seaman

brick_mortimer, I just quickly tried to reproduce it, but without success. I've built the setup with the rail, street (SAM11), road and RHW and then crossed that with a street, in all 4 orientations.

I'm sorry, Wiimeiser, I'm afraid I don't fully understand you. You mean, It might have something to do with the streets that are automatically build when you zone a bigger area? I'm nut sure about it in this case, since I can't see any zones in the picture of brick_mortimer, but you said you've encountered something similar?

eggman121

@brick_mortimer

The issue is auto-connect. Since it is the street you can use to zoning tool along the Railway to remove the extra crossings.

Just my 2 cents

-eggman121

fantozzi

Mr. Mortimer! Some education may help. Clearly seen on the roundabout on the left side and how they placed lamppost on this roundabout. Imho your roadmen simply are unschooled morons. 

Wiimeiser

@Seaman
Try dragging a large zone across a rail and seeing how the autoconnect builds a crossing.

brick_mortimer

Quote from: fantozzi on March 13, 2019, 02:22:24 PM
...Clearly seen on the roundabout on the left side and how they placed lamppost on this roundabout [...]
your roadmen simply are unschooled morons.
Well it isn't a roundabout but a MRC in the road that "exposed" itself after my roadcrew went in overdrive.
Yes, my roadmen are indeed morons  :D

For those that wish to recreate this: the street going under the flexfly was already in place before I tried to connect it to the SAM street next to the RRW.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter: the street crossing the RRW isn't essential and I'm able to reach the area behind the RHW from somewere else.
I was just happy I had something for "game oddities"  $%Grinno$%
Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

Ralfger

What a crash  ???

Changing an extendet lot leads to strange results. First only the original setting showed up and after several in-game months I end up with both the new setting and the cleared one simultaneously. The blue car, hindmost lamppost and the green Mercedes in the front parking lot are deleded at least in LE...

Ralfger

Climate change - rethinking industry
Maintenance areas of factories used to be like tarmac deserts - like this one:

But facing the fact of climate change, the CEO of Cajun Sausage Factory was duped overnight to contribute a small part to the big picture of a more sustainable industry:

... the textures changed after a couple of in-game months ()what()

Terring7

Horse-drawn carriages of 19th century in a city of 22nd century ;D

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.