• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's SC4 Projects

Started by art128, August 12, 2009, 03:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwakelaar

Very nicely done, this kind of collage with real life and simcity photos mixed together is working very well to create the atmosphere of the place. Of course the headings and the dark framing and dark spots are contributing to this as well.
Both the large estates and the industrial areas are done very well.

peter007

Absolutely Stunning update  &apls
Great photoshopping btw.

-Ernst

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

art128

nedalezz - Well, thank you very much, Nedal.. I spent a lot of times doing my mines, i'm very glad you liked them!

Tomas Neto - Muito Obrigado Tomas!

IAM - Thanks!

kbieniu7 - Thank for the comment, my friend! About the little quibbles, here is what I can answer! Firstly about the blocks standing alone, I wanted to make it looks like they're abandoned, like the houses surrounding them, But I can agree that it looks a bit strange... Any tips on how to get the effect better? Secondly, that estate, yeah I was creating it like what came in my mind at this time, and well I liked how it turned out, even if, I agree, it is completely unrealistic! I see about the place in Warsaw, yeah the building style is somehow the same! I'll try to experiment a suburb like this later!  :P

kelis - muchas gracias, Jonathan!

noahclem - Thank for your comment, Noah !

Sam Johnson - Well, you know, you're blocks are really, outstanding. Really, there isn't any city tiles i'm not using one or lots of your blocks, I like them a lot.  :thumbsup:

Reikhardt - I love it too !  :thumbsup:

bat - Thanks Bat!

ricardomiranda - Thanks Ricardo!

kwakelaar - Thanks a lot ! I like to read comments like that! (really!) :thumbsup: I'll make more of them as the community like it!

peter007 - Thanks !

io_bg - Thank Ioan for the (late  :P ) comment!

Okay, today we'll take some fresh air at the suburbs. These shots were taken around the small airport located at the east of the capital city ! I'm currently (well not) building a bigger international airport, things are going well..... already one runway done..!  :P

BTW, my MD just reached the 40k views ! Thanks Everyone for the support! Also we're not too far away from the 900th reply!

-Arthur.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

marsh

This update feels different from the others. It may be the abundant suburbs distracting you from the rest of the city. :P

That airport is really great as well. The terrain & flora make it fit in really well.

,marsh

Framly

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

bat

Fantastic looking city there!
Also great work on the river and airport! :thumbsup:

supremec

Click on the banner to see my BATs

nedalezz

My word, that's an awesome mosaic!

Another fantastic update - shows a little modern suburban living going alongside the harsh soviet architecture.

&apls  &apls

kelis

Another great update Arthur, Keep up the good work  &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

kbieniu7

Which time is it, when I say: "excellent!"?  ;) Your nature is great, bla, bla, bla... But it's very hard to find a bunch of brand new words every update, to glorify this effec. So, let's use an icon this time! ()flower()
Grass on the airport is one of the best grass usage, I've ever seen in SimCity. Border between forest and lack of forest is so smoothly.
About airport: it's great. Nothing more to add, nothing more to take.
And what I like the most  $%Grinno$% This one estate is cool. It has got exaclty, what it should have. :) (You could use smooth street curves in one place, to make an effect of lack of grid)

According to your question, I have few ideas. First of all, you should plan your blocks like when building normal one. Each estate at the beginning wasn't abandoned. After that, blocks do not move and change their position :D
You should just use abandoned bats, like those, you've already used. What is more, put a few big heaps of garbage - people would use this place as a wild waste dump. Add a forest, trying to grab the area. Just like in Prypiat. Maybe also one, or two car wrecks? Finally it would be good to use gravel road instead of a good-condition ones.   :)
I hope, I've helped. Waiting for more great stuff!  :thumbsup:
Kamil

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

noahclem

Beautiful update Arthur!  &apls  The airport looks perfect, your flora detailing is immaculate, and I love the unique and grid-breaking transit networks. Just great  &apls

art128

Hey guys, don't forget to leave a comment in my MD, just 8 more and the next update (which is almost  ready, I'll post it Saturday I think) will be on the next page!  :thumbsup:

Props & Texture Catalog

kwakelaar

I will help you out then, nice to see you are working on your MD again.
Small airport?, when I see the size of the terminal not that small I would say, but you obviously have something bigger planned :)

Tomas Neto

io_bg

Looks great, bravo! &apls I like the trails and the parks between the blocks. They're a nice detail.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Ricky112233

Awesome update Arthur!

Once again, sorry that I didn't reply, I was very very busy!

Anyway, what more can I say?

Its simply beautiful!!

-Ricky
Yes, I love aviation
Yes, I'm interested in the former CIS
Yes, I'm half Dutch-half American
Yes, I'm learning Russian
15--

Sciurus

What? I didn't leave a comment? That's impossible! :P
I would just like to say that's wonderful!! &apls &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

art128

marsh - Thanks Marsh ! I wanted this update to look different from usual, to not make it depressing and gloomy like the others, I hope you'll like this one too!

Framly - Danke !

bat - Thanks Bat, I spent a lot of time on this airport, i'm glad you liked it!

supremec - Thanks!

nedalezz - Thank Nedal, I hope you'll love this update too!

kelis - Gracias amigo !

kbieniu7 - Thanks a lot Kamil for the comment and tips ! i'll use them for sure and I'll show pictures of the application when they'll be done. About the smooth curves, next time I open the city i'll put them!

noahclem - Thanks Noah!

kwakelaar - And you're right, i've something a lot bigger in my hands!  ;)

Tomas Neto - Muito obrigado Tomas!

io_bg - Thanks Ioan!

Ricky112233 - Thanks Rick ! Also don't worry about not replying, everyone can be busy !

Sciurus - Merci, Guillaume !

Anyway Guys, too bad I can't place this update on the next page.. but well here is it !

So this update is a bout the rural side of Kazan, showing a soviet dam and some rich villas along the lake, the three waterfalls and the river. I hope you'll Enjoy this update as I enjoyed making it!

Plus, Region View

Clic to see in full size

i hope you enjoyed my first update of the new SC4D layout..

i'm out,

-Arthur..  :thumbsup:

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

Nice update, I really like the change of pace from the usual gloom!  &apls  I especially like the waterfals. Also, great job with the overviews.