• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

GLR Ave Request - Roundabout

Started by sollord, October 27, 2007, 05:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rushman5

Yeah, tarkus, I agree with the draggable dual-network through the station.  We just aren't there with modding yet.
Quote from: Tarkus on October 29, 2007, 07:21:11 PM
rushman5, the bridges on that plaza could never work to carry pedestrian traffic.  The tiles are overhanging, and the lot exemplars are scaled to fit the non-overhanging size (2x2) and as a result, the tiles occupied by the overhang are not defined, meaning that they cannot be pathed.   The overhang is merely eyecandy.

I realize this, but am saying that it would visually work if you didn't care about moving people props.  I'm sure we could engineer overhanging animation props exclusively for it.  It would be a hassle, though, and is probably not worth it.  All in all, I do this that this idea is a forseeable one, and both sides of the argument over ligtimacy can be answered with a simple BETA test. (I am willing to volunteer)

Tarkus

Yes, rushman5, it would work as eyecandy.  As far as what I meant in terms of the pedestrians, I wasn't so much referring to the visual effect of moving people, but rather, that from a transit perspective, pedestrian traffic be "stranded" on the center island of the roundabout since there would be no way to provide a functional crossing for them.

-Alex (Tarkus)