• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Cityville, from scratch in real time

Started by lostwizard, December 23, 2014, 08:34:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostwizard

I decided to do a series of videos along similar lines to Haljackey's building a city from scratch. Like Haljackey, I am doing this in real time with minimal editing of the final videos. The biggest goal of this series is to show a city built up from scratch (well, mostly - the terrain and basic highway network are already present at the beginning) without using any money cheats.

Without further ado, here is part one over at YouTube:

http://youtu.be/HQVgio61ydc

Subsequent parts will appear in my YouTube channel as I finish them.

(Apologies to the moderators if I've put this in the wrong area. Please wield an appropriate cluebat if so.)

mak

I like it a lot. It's especially interesting that you aren't using a money mod: it certainly adds to the difficulty. Looking forward to future episodes!

lostwizard

Quote from: mak on December 23, 2014, 01:02:31 PM
I like it a lot. It's especially interesting that you aren't using a money mod: it certainly adds to the difficulty. Looking forward to future episodes!
I'm glad you like it. You'll be happy to know that there are new parts scheduled for release all this week.

I should probably mention that I'm playing at the "easy" level, but not using a money mod does make it more challenging nevertheless. Still, as you will see as the series progresses, with some careful attention to the budget and a measured approach to city growth, money doesn't have to be a handicap.

romualdillo

I found very interesting to see how other people start theirs cities. I like it very much, but I have to confess I couldn't see the complete video  ::).

lostwizard

For anyone following this, parts 2 through 7 are up at YouTube. You can follow my progress on my channel at:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrpu5HU3nJIwdkHHe4fvpaw/feed