• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Silver Hills 2 - Unofficial Players Thread

Started by smileymk, August 27, 2010, 04:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smileymk

This is a thread for people who were either too late to participate in the official Silver Hills 2 contest (available here), or do not want the pressure of being an official contestant placed on them, but still want to have a go and showcase their work.

The people who post here will be regarded as the unofficial contestants, and, as such, are not eligible to win the contest. But, if I get the opportunity, I will have a look here and give these people my verdict on their work - I might even score them.

As there are only 2 official contestants (myself and Lowkee33), then unofficial contestants who keep up with the schedule might get the opportunity to become official contestants should one of us pull out, so watch this space.

Is all of that clear? Let's see what you've got then.
smileymk

Realistic Cities for Dummies
Step-by-step tutorials on every single aspect of realistic city-building.

FacebookYouTube

art128

Okay, I jump in the unofficial player list, with the big city tile !
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

smileymk

I have good news, and I have bad news.

The bad news is that Lowkee33 has pulled out of the official competition, because he bankrupted his city.

The good news is that that gives you, as unofficial contestants, to step up to the mark and become official contestants.

To do this, complete the first 2 challenges if you haven't already, on the official map, and post on the official thread saying you're in and pictures to prove you've done the challenges, and do it by Wednesday, September 1st, at 00:00 UK time

There's no limit to how many can join. If you get in your work will be scored and this will carry into the official contest.

If nobody goes for this, I might have to shut down the contest, and I don't want that to happen.

Let's take this pull-out by Lowkee and use it to make the contest even more exciting.

smileymk

PS. @art128: I think you should get the official map for the reasons I posted above (check your PM inbox for the link). There doesn't seem to be any help on attaching files, and there certainly isn't a button for it here. Also, I'm not sure if attaching a map file would be allowed. Maybe someone will clear this up for me, but in the meantime, you'll have to make do with the medium map. Sorry.

Realistic Cities for Dummies
Step-by-step tutorials on every single aspect of realistic city-building.

FacebookYouTube