• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How to patch SimCity_1.dat on OSX

Started by Mero90, February 09, 2016, 03:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mero90

Hello Mac users,

maybe you encountered some mods that require to be merged with the SimCity_1.dat file, such as the I-HT missing jobs fix or the CAM 2.1.0 IR fix. ()what() ???

So, that's how to do this:

• If this file you have to merge doesn't begin with "z_" rename it.
  • Create a "Plugins To Compress" folder on your desktop, and inside this folder create another folder named "SimCity_1".
  • Move your "z_" file inside the "Desktop/Plugin To Compress/SimCity_1" folder.
  • Go were the you installed the "SimCity™4 Deluxe Edition" App (or Steam installed it for you).
  • Right click on "SimCity™4 Deluxe Edition" and select "show package content".
  • You will see a "Contents" folder, open it. And then open the "GameData" folder. Here you will find the "SimCity_1.dat" file.
  • Move the "SimCity_1.dat" file inside the "Desktop/Plugin To Compress/SimCity_1" folder. If it creates a shortcut, hold "command" while moving the file.
  • Now download the JDatPacker from the LEX. http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3140
  • Run the JDatPacker, select as input ".../Desktop/Plugin To Compress" and as output your desktop ".../Desktop". Then click on "Start"
  • The JDatPacker will create on your desktop a file named "SimCity_1_000.dat", rename it as "SimCity_1.dat" and move it inside the "GameData".
  • You have done!

You can keep the original "SimCity_1.dat" as backup if you are planning to restore it in the future. If you have the the Steam version you can restore it via Steam.

We have done here!  ;D
Bye Bye! :bye:

InvisiChem

You are awesome. Thank you for this, it is going to help out so much.
Everyone has something to offer, most do not possess the courage to offer it.

lamiska

Does CAM installer for mac patch SimCity_1.dat automatically, or do I still need to patch it after I installed CAM?

Mero90

You have to patch it manually with JDatPacker. You will find it and the IR fix inside the "CAM Auxiliary Files" folder.

lamiska

Does not work for me, I choose source (with z_* file and simcity_1.dat ) and target directory - when I press start it shows immediately that datapacking is complete but there is nothing in target directory.

Mero90

Create "Plugins To Compress" folder on your Desktop, than move the "SimCity_1" folder inside that. In the "SimCity_1" folder place "SimCity_1.dat" and "z_CAM_2.1.0_Stand_Permanent Merge.dat".

Than run the JDatPacker and set as Source Directory the "Plugins To Compress" folder, and as Target Directory your Desktop. You will find a file named "SimCity_1_000.dat" on your Desktop, rename it as "SimCity_1.dat" and move it inside the "GameData".

I sent an attachment that could help you :) ("Scrivania" mean "Desktop" in Italian).