• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tool to remove duplicate lots and another to merge multiple cleanitol files

Started by dodgeinit, September 27, 2008, 06:06:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgeinit

Hello all,
This is my first post to the SC4 community, I wish it was clearer and better written, however i just got home from a stretch of 9 12 hour nightshifts straight and i am about to passout LOL.

I have come to discover that i have many duplicate lots or dat files in different folders within my plugin directory for various reasons. Long story short Is there a way a tool can be made, or CLeanItol script made that will search the plugin folders for duplicate files and display the locations so i can find them all and delete the duplicate?

Also, when rebuilding my plugin folders from scratch i had litterly a hundred different cleanitol files.
Is there a tool that can be made, or downloaded elsewhere that will merge all the text files in a folder into one file? I know there are applications that can do this in general. This way in the future, there is no need to spend all day loading a hundred  individual cleanitol files, when you can merge them to one, and simply run the new consolidated file.
Actually i manually cut and pasted the all the cleanitol files into one big one. It was extremly time consuming.

The first example of a tool to search for duplicate lots in different directorys is what I am really looking for. Unfortunatly i have discvered many such instances of the same lots in different folders.

Any ideas?? You all ROCK!!!! I extend thanks to all of the contributers to LEX, STEX, PLEX, and other smaller sites. You have brought new life into my favorite game, and are very talented people.
I may be able to create a file merge program myself, and perhaps taylor it to SC4. Its been a while since i did any programming but it would be a very simple thing to make

Thanks again!

sim-al2

I think each Cleanitol file is coded in a special way. I think that it would take an actually human to merge them, not a bot. I have heard of utilities that can find duplicate files and move them to another file. Also, I think Cleanitol would lock up if you tried to feed it a file that big. It takes awhile on my REALLY slow computer to search with some of the larger files.
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

catty

I use a program called "Heatsoft Clone Cleaner Lite" to go thru my Plugins folders and remove any duplicates that I might have in it.

Its free for personal use or you buy it and get lots more features

you can get it here http://www.clonecleaner.com/index.html

:)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

dodgeinit

Quote from: catty on September 27, 2008, 11:59:20 AM
I use a program called "Heatsoft Clone Cleaner Lite" to go thru my Plugins folders and remove any duplicates that I might have in it.

Its free for personal use or you buy it and get lots more features

you can get it here http://www.clonecleaner.com/index.html

:)

Hey Thanks for the tip!
I will give that a try!