• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM 2 Farming

Started by InvisiChem, January 20, 2016, 04:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InvisiChem

Which greenhouses? 

Reason I ask is I can download them or load them and change the stage for you real quick.
Everyone has something to offer, most do not possess the courage to offer it.

Mero90

In FrankU there are some greenhouse fields. In my opinion they look like a more higher stage than 1, what do you think?

However I downloaded the ilives reader, and made it run on wine.  ()stsfd()
My question is: is it possible to change the stage of a farm field?

I have made a screenshot.

InvisiChem

My testing so far has shown as no, not fields. They are set as monopoly pieces with a stage of 0xFF. Any attempt by me to change this to a different stage, turn monopoly piece to false, remove the monopoly piece listing or set Fields to a building occupancy of out, mech or anchor has yielded very unpredictable results.

Setting as out or mech has caused them to grow as anchors. Really cool, but horrid to game play. All other attempts have done absolutely nothing or caused them to not grow.

Try testing them though. I was trying to force them to grow like normal industry, so your idea may come up with modifications I didn't try.

I agree, they look higher than stage 1. Once I can figure out how to build that IR Plugin, my original idea for the mod, we have a similar idea. These would look great as mech buildings attached to an anchor. :)

FrankU

Hi,

Farm Fields are attached to Farm Lots. The lots have stages, the fields not.
So if you do not want the greenhouse farm fields to grow in lower stage farms you should not connect these fields to the lower stage lots.
In the building exemplar of your farm lots there is this property called "field lots". Behind this is a list of all the Instance ID's of the farm field buildings (and lots too, by the way) that are attached to this lot.
You could delete the Greenhouse field IId's from the lower stage lots if you like. And if you think "what the heck is this guy talking about?", then please pack the farm lots you want changed and PM them to me. I'll do it gladly for you.

Mero90

Thanks FrankU,

I'll try it by myself, that's an opportunity to learn something about to use ilive's reader.  ()testing()

InvisiChem

That's why we all like Frank. He comes up with the simple and effective solution.  :thumbsup:

FrankU

Quote from: InvisiChem on February 18, 2016, 12:05:06 PM
That's why we all like Frank. He comes up with the simple and effective solution.  :thumbsup:
&blush

FrankU

Hi Mero90,

When I visited this forum today I found out you gave me a Karma point. Thanks for that! But the reason was: for the CAM farming rework..... but I still have to start doing that, so now I feel obliged to do it. Maybe that was your aim?  ;D
I am going to do it anyway and I hope you will not be disappointed.  :thumbsup:

Mero90

@FrankU

You are already doing it! :thumbsup: You gave a lot of good suggestions and shared your work for the CAM Farming, that's why I nominated you for a Karma point. ;D

I'm also using your Dutch farms with CAM 2.1.0, I'll give you a feedback soon.  :)

Ocram

Disclosure: I have never used the BAT or iLiveReader. I have used the Lot Editor and 3DSMax but the only mods I ever made (besides reskinning/changing textures) were for Cities: Skylines. In order to add forestry, I would need to find not only farm fields with trees but also buildings that look like lumber mills, then use LE and iLiveReader to change them into what I want. Seeing as I have no experience with iLiveReader and no clue what the policy is with uploading derivative works, I don't think I'm good for anything besides ideas and encouragement. I have made modern and futuristic lumber mill models but I don't know what to do with them besides Ploppable RICO and my textures get compressed to "medium" quality on my Surface.

I could make various paper mill, lumber mill and lumber yard building models but I would need an expert to teach me the ways of BAT for 3DSMax.
If you always do YOUR best you will always be better than the best.

Can't think of anything better for a sig.

FrankU

Hi Ocram,

Maybe you should open a thread in the Independent BAT projects forum. And ask for help.
If you do the BATting, certainly someone else will be able to help you with tutorials and tips.
And certainly there will be someone willing to help you with making good lots with your BAT models. I might do that myself, depending on time and RL.

Frank