• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Commonwealth of Eleutherian States (Updated 11/23)

Started by M4346, July 27, 2008, 11:11:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blade2k5

Awesomely detailed job on this M.  I have a question though, that Jefferson City map, that looks suspiciously like the Jacksonville map I did a few months ago :P   I could be way off course on that, but when I first looked at it, that's the thought that popped into my tired old mind  :D  Anyways, look forward to more in the next update ;D

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

sebes

Excellent update Marius. The ports of Jefferson are very well made. The ships in the canal look so cool.... looking forward to what you bring next
:satisfied:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

M4346

Ah, thank you very much for your responses everyone, I really appreciate your feedback and comments!  ;D

blade2k5 Thank you! And yes, I am embarrassed to have to admit that I completely forgot to mention that I was and am in fact using your Jacksonville map  &ops I fell in love with it when I first saw it and am still loving it!

kbieniu7 As I mentioned, there is still room and plans for expansion as the industrial area grows! ;)

CarmineHilton See above ;)

I'm currently still very busy and apologise for the brevity of my responses and my updates, yet again!

8. Eleutherian Transportation Authorities

The Eleutherian Transit Authorities are, at the moment, majority-state owned and include the following:

Transnet

Transnet is a large Eleutherian rail, port and pipeline company. It was formed as a limited company on 8 July 2006. A majority of the company's stock is owned by the Bureau of Public Enterprises, or BPE, a division of the Eleutherian National Department of Transport. The company was formed by restructuring into business units the operations of Eleutherian Railways and Harbours and other existing operations and products.

The business units of Transnet include:
Transnet National Ports Authority - NPA - owns the country's main ports
Transnet Pipelines - principal operator of Eleutheria's fuel pipelines
Transnet Port Terminals - operates and maintains the country's main ports
Transnet Freight Rail operator - freight service
Transnet Rail Engineering - rolling stock manufacturing and maintenance

Transnet's headquarters is in Eleutheria City.

Airports Company of the Commonwealth of Eleutherian States

Commonly known as ACCES, the company owns all major domestic and international airports in Eleutheria and is responsible for their operations.

Eleutherian Metro- and Passenger Rail Authority

The EMPRA is the commuter rail service in the major urban areas of Eleutheria. Metrorail is the operational arm of the Eleutherian Rail Commuter Corporation (ERCC), a State-owned enterprise which holds custodianship of all commuter and passenger rail assets such as land in and around stations, infrastructure and rolling stock in the major urban areas of Eleutheria.

Metrorail was formed as a business unit of Transnet and was transferred to the ERCC.

Eleutheria Accuses SCJU of Internal Meddling
New York City

Addressing the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) on Saturday, Eleutherian Secretary of State, Ms. Leah B Mason has accused the SimCity Journal Union (SCJU) of meddling in the internal affairs of the Commonwealth. Mason claimed that the recent secession of the Federal Republic of Nigeria was the result of SCJU interference and incitement, highlighting SCJU objections over the territorial possessions of the Commonwealth. Mason held that the large size of the Commonwealth was a territorial and economic threat to the SCJU, considering the territory's vast natural resources and strategic position.

Mason was at the UN headquarters to discuss strategic bilateral and multilateral relations with key UN members and was set to meet the Ambassadors of the five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council on Sunday.

Her statements has caused quite a stir at home as it made the front page of many national Sunday papers this morning, with a number of political parties and prominent citizens claiming that her opinion does not reflect that of the broader Eleutherian public. The Presidency was not available for comment at the time of going to press, but it is widely expected that President Daniels will also condemn Mason's statements as it is seen as yet another incident in a series of embarrassing diplomatic mistakes made by her office.

Until next time! Thanks for reading!  ;D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000

Zaphod

I wonder if those organizations also do business in South Africa ;)

War Kittens !?

M4346

No, they don't! But they do have very similar logos in South Africa!  $%Grinno$%
You're too sharp for your own good! The government will have to gag you! haha   ;D
New Horizons Productions

Yoman

Can't wait to see some of Transnet's operations  ;D

south park

wonderful city and awesome work .
i want to see more !! :P &apls
cairo and tropicalia (my cities) on tsc:
http://toutsimcity.com/forums.php?viewthread=441267

blade2k5

Nothing to be embarrassed about M  $%Grinno$%  A lot of people use my maps [especially over at ST] and never mention what map they're using, but that's ok :thumbsup:  I'm not gonna kick my feet up and throw a fit because someone didn't mention it :P 

I'm really liking your Corp logos, gives your MD a more realistic feel.  Look forward to the next update :thumbsup:

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

art128

great banner and logo  :thumbsup:
oh and just a thing, in  this picture, I suggest to you, the highway should pass over the train and not vice versa! ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

M4346

art128: Thanks! And thank you for the suggestion!

blade2k5: Thanks again for stopping by, and for the amazing maps! I can honestly say that I am in one way or the other planning to use many of your latest real-life map releases and absolutely love them all! Thank you for your comment too, I must admit that I didn't put THAT much work into the logos (I basically just altered the text a little... shhhhh!!), but as a South African I am naturally ethnocentric and love them! lol

south park: Thank you sir! And more you'll get! Just not right now, but patience is a virtue! hehe! ;)

Yoman: Yes, Yes, you transit freak! I'll need some help with design and layout... thanks for offering!  :D  $%Grinno$%

For today, a small teaser to prove that I'm still playing and progressing!

9. Jefferson City Metropolitan Area - Chiromba and Otomola

The small village of Chiromba and the township (Click! -> here!) or informal settlement of Otomola are located in the northern extremities of the Jefferson City Metropolitan Area. The two communities are mainly in one way or the other involved in agricultural activities, with the majority of farms either owned or managed by residents of Chiromba and with Otomola being the backbone of the farming community in the form of hard labour.

More about these two communities and the type of agricultural activities they're engaged in at a later stage! Also, recall this regional overview -> Click! to orientate yourself about the location of Chiromba and Otomola!  ;D

Thanks for reading!

M

New Horizons Productions

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

papab2000

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Visit my mapping thread: linkie
Post pic's of your NHP Mapped Regions linkie

Pat

Marius, fantastic last few updates here!!!  Cant wait to see more of the commonwealth and learn more too!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Simpson

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

M4346

Thanks, everyone, for your comments and continued interest! It's almost midnight here so forgive the brevity of my response.  ???

In today's update we'll have a closer, but limited, look at Chiromba and Otomola, which as developed satisfactorily since we last saw an overview of it.

It includes three mosaics and one rainy pic (Thanks to Dark_Jedi for the link to the tutorial!)

9.1. Jefferson City Metropolitan Area - Chiromba and Otomola: A Closer Look

Above is an overview of the Otomola East, which is as the name implies east of the main road (visible above). The image also clearly exhibits the living conditions of the hundreds of inhabitants of the township, which leaves much to be desired. Many inhabitants have settled in these informal dwellings as a demand for manual labour on the outlying farms have increased since the Eleutherian economy has been put back on track by the current administration.

Also visible is the Chiromba East Primary School and Medi-Clinic - both government-funded and -maintained - which in general suffers from over-crowding and poor delivery due to a continued skills shortage and over-all under-staffing.

The Jefferson City Metropolitan Council government has identified Otomola as one of its key targets to improve public services. However, due to it being far-removed from the central economic, business, financial and residential heart of the city, these goals have been slow to be implemented.

In the above the main commercial activities of Otomola are depicted - in addition to the more formal housing slightly visible at the top - which basically include services rendered to the agricultural community at large. This includes nursery supplies, fertilizer, tractor and other farm equipment supplies as well as an auction facility for the local livestock.

As ought to be clear from the general overview thus far, and specifically the image above, the agricultural activities of much of Chiromba-Otomola include non-traditional products. The area is dotted with farms that produce cut flowers and other plants for nurseries in Jefferson and elsewhere, grapes for making wine, limes, barley for the local beer, and is especially characterised by a number of equestrian estates. The latter has led to the now nationally acclaimed Jefferson July (an annual race held in the city, exhibiting the pride of Chiromba-Otomola).

However, there are maize / corn, pumpkin and two cattle ranches (thus far) in the area, but former generally supplies fresh produce for the local farmer's market and surrounding residents, whilst the latter produces beef for sale and consumption in Jefferson only, and leather for export.

Finally, Chiromba-Otomola and the outlying farms are ecstatic over the first rains for the rainy season (just like we are here in South Africa)!

We'll have a look at Chiromba next time, and perhaps a peak at the general workings of the transport system in Chiromba-Otomola.

Thanks for reading!

M
New Horizons Productions

Zaphod

great African CJ, I can't think of anyone else doing something like this, like ever...

I love flying around in google earth over South Africa in particular. I think it's pretty wild that many of the cities have suburbs and road layouts much like any city the developed world, however many of them seem to be designated poor areas with small houses and bad looking streets. Seems like smart planning since I imagine it is easier to install basic services and police places like that?

Just south of the border in Mexico it's crazy how informal slums there just run up ravines in the hills with little shacks. You can see the ones in Juarez from Paisano Rd or I-10 in El Paso on the Texas side. Living like that must be a nightmare...
War Kittens !?

Yoman

Another fantastic update Marius. I've really enjoyed the farms, and you captured the feel of the slums quite nicely, can't wait to see those inner city ones.

Fatsuhono

south park

great work on your MD african style , your farms is really realistic , hope to see more !! &apls
cairo and tropicalia (my cities) on tsc:
http://toutsimcity.com/forums.php?viewthread=441267