• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

P.R. Crastina's Travels

Started by evarburg, October 06, 2018, 07:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evarburg

Quote from: Tyberius06 on August 26, 2019, 03:08:07 AM
Yepp, it is his work! It was restored on STEX a while back by TowerDude.

Heywood In by DmScopio

er, no, Tyb', I'd checked and the STEX Heywood Inn is this (splendid nevertheless, but.) The one I used is a commercial, if I remember well (I cheated calling it a library ;) because it fit the story)

Tyberius06

Quote from: evarburg on August 27, 2019, 08:02:13 AM
Quote from: Tyberius06 on August 26, 2019, 03:08:07 AM
Yepp, it is his work! It was restored on STEX a while back by TowerDude.

Heywood In by DmScopio

er, no, Tyb', I'd checked and the STEX Heywood Inn is this (splendid nevertheless, but.) The one I used is a commercial, if I remember well (I cheated calling it a library ;) because it fit the story)

Er, nope. Check it again. I just downloaded from STEX the content of that link (what I shared) and I got the very same building as in your CJ image.

It is a landmark. There are two lots. One even requires ingame water to be plopped. That highrise building is the LEX version of the Heywood Inn from DMScopio. I found that on STEX as well, see EDIT. I know because I spent a little time to organize his creations at the end of last year. The STEX version is what it is in your CJ, the LEX version is what you shared in your last post.

- Tyberius

EDIT: This is the version which was uploaded by DMScopio himself:

Heywood Inn - this what is on your last two images.

And this one was made by DMScopio too, but was uploaded by TowerDude in the behalf of DMS:

Heywood In by DmScopio

You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

evarburg

Thoroughly confuzzled. I reDLed it from the STEX when I checked and I got the megalot ; all the other URLs on Google for Heywood Inn go to a similar lot. With your URL, indeed, it goes to the Spaghtetti  :) But if I do "Heywood Inn by DM Scorpio sc4" in google, it goes absolutely nowhere. Is something wrong with the links ?A search for Di Scorpio's content on Simtrop' goes nowhere either for me. Weird.

EDIT : of course it goes better with DMScopio no R  :D But still, I don't find that lot in his content on the STEX...

Tyberius06

Quote from: evarburg on August 27, 2019, 11:30:25 AM
EDIT : But still, I don't find that lot in his content on the STEX...

Because it's not under his account. As I said above, this one was uploaded by TowerDude, in the behalf of DMS after hia site went down. You will find more DMS stuffs under TowerDude's account.
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

evarburg

AhHA ! thanks, going there.
LATER : Raaaaaah, lotsa stuff I didn't have  :bnn:  -- well, at least four lots (squirrel frenzy nevertheless !)

evarburg

Thille River banks

One of Thille's quaint traits is that there are not many bridges linking its north and south districts on the St-François River. But "to link or not to link" is a subject rather tepidly debated at the City Council, as the anti-linking party always end up successfully arguing that residential, commercial and industrial zones being judiciously disseminated all over the place as well as essential services & utilities, it is not necessary : "Build it and they will come" is not a positive motto around here – not anymore, after the somewhat rocky and unchecked beginnings of the city. And indeed, all polls, both on the Left and Righ Banks, give mostly the same results : the citizens are happy where they are – and the relatively sparse traffic on the two bridges (for a 400 k + population) proves it. The fact that several mayors have seen to it that both banks are nicely developed as parks, cycleways and promenades, also linking them underground in many places for pedestrians and bicycles, may have something to do with that quasi-unanimity...

mattb325

kbieniu7

Nice embankments! Those parks and plazas seem to fit quite well. Looks like a nice place for some relaxing walk :)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

evarburg

Zinfandel

1. Sometimes, P. R. hits the big time, and is invited in a Big City. It happened during her stint in Eden Bay, when her new novel came out to some applause. Some fan heard of her being there and agitated in order to invite her. It worked. P. R. could not not accept the invitation although it was a rather long trek to get there. She availed herself of the opportunity while she was in Eden Bay (remember Eden Bay ?), just before Spring Break.

Zinfandel is a really big city -- not a more or less haphazard concatenation of existing smaller towns into one big municipal fiction, like Eden Bay was. Lots of commercials, lots of industrials, lots of residentials and a bit too many people as far as P.R. was concerned.

kbieniu7

Well, indeed feels like a big city. A bit chaotic  ;D

evarburg

"chaotic". Hm. Please explain ?  :) Always some learning to do.

kbieniu7

Well, seems for me like everything is mixed with everything - w2ws, long series of w2ws, standalones. Especially this diagonal (at this photo) w2w that is placed everywhere, no matter its orientation toward the road. I'm just the type of player that always need to have w2ws properly placed   ;D

evarburg

hm. I wasn't aware that the diag buildings were not oriented towards the roads (wasn't even aware it was possible - they just don't look right when not properly oriented...) Maybe I did not look at them the way you do, though. As to mixing, OK -- I'm the kind of player who likes to mix things up, in zoning and in buildings ! :)

Ralfger

First time posting here - but I have to say that I like the complex of multi-storey
buildings in the sixth picture and near the sports park some pictures further down.

PaPa-J

Nice update, I agree with @Ralfger on picture 6 and I can see @kbieniu7 point about being 'chaotic' but hey, you play the game your way and how it suits you. 
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

evarburg

Zinfandel Downtown

P. R. spent a day walking around Downtown, through the high-rises canyons (always windy, but you appreciate it when the temperature is above 80°F). That's where the big posh hotels are (not where she was booked a room !) :

Thankfully it's not all canyons, and a bit farther you can rest your eyes on some green(hish) horizon  like the mayor mansion, close to the Town Hall, or a park or two :

One must admit the city gets an E for Effort : they did some parkification, with a bike path, along the railway track that cuts through it :

And there is Alley Park, closer to the suburbs ; they're supposed to plant trees there, at some point.

So where to tourists go in Zinfandel when they are through with walking around ? Well, to a mall, of course. Zinfandel has that. Not "a" mall. THE Mall. Where you can can walk & shop until you really drop, it is that big. Thankfully it has its own dedicated subway line, she didn't have to walk there (it's closer to the suburbs).

P. R. barely managed to get back to her (modest) hotel that evening. She had to recover before going to the Amusement Park. Touristing in big cities is SO exhausting.

evarburg

And now for good clean mindless fun : the Amusement Park ! Not as many rides as P. R. would have wished for but still half a day aaaaarghing on the big wheel (she's afraid of heights but is willing to be desensitized) and go-karting, and splish-plashing all over the place (now that's better, more horizontal !), and then go and eat ice creams (plural) AND lots of deliciously dubious foods, shuffing beer... After all those Serious Talks about Art, a girl needs to unwind, doesn't she ?

Also, it sport a unique, experimental energy source that looks like... a modern sculpture forty meters high ? Or something. Something devised by the Science Department of the University of Zinfandel (that happens to be just beside the MAPP, how convenient) And close to the MAPP is the ECO-Park, Zinfandel's other hyper-tech answer to the ecological concerns of its citizens : futuristic model buildings... in a park.

Culture beckons, again : the Eco Park is close to MAM, the big Modern Art Museum ; there are several other museums and art galleries. But she has two more days to visit them. Later. Her feet are crying for mercy.

PaPa-J

Really like the Amusement Park, looks rather fun!
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

evarburg

Zinfandel Museums & University

The oldest museum in Zinfandel is the Conservatory (center), which was the Music Academy way back then but, as a new one has been built (blue sphere top right), it has been recycled as a Museum. It holds a fascinating collection of rare and very weird musical instruments from all over the world and epochs – as well as various versions of well-known ones, showing their evolution in time.

The old style Aquarium (they still have live animals in captivity) is close to the Watts College (top left) and to the Oceanographic Institute (bottom right).

The Gaivern Museum of Arts & Crafts (splendid collection of... kimonos ? Well, why noit. And, ah, also patchwork quilts.)

The City Archives (bottom) and the Natural Sciences Museum (top)

P. R. kept the Big One for last : the Gallery, a multi-function Museum /Exposition Halls (very plural) ; it also holds painting and sculpture workshops all year round, as well as workshops in Electronic Arts ; and it has three auditoriums underground, varying in sizes.

The day after, P. R. finally ventured to the University -- Universities, as there are two campuses.

University Square (as they call it) is quite recent ; it is a complex lined by student residences, with a vast underground parking ; it is close to the Amusement park (most of the attractions of which, after all, are applied physics, right ?). Science & Technology dominate there, with the Korrigan Physics Institute...

... and the twin buildings of the Sagan Astrophysics Labs (left) and Biology Department (bottom). The Administration occupies an entire building (center.). There also is the Bethune Teaching Hospital (far left), that works in tandem with the Zamora Clinic (see first picture).

The Old University (not so old) is a completely separate campus in another part of town, with its student residences, close to City Hall and to the Big City Market ; it is now dedicated exclusively to "the Humanities".

mattb325

Great pictures! An excellent variety of BATs, and I love the diagonal pattern in the plazas  :thumbsup: