• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

eggman's Misc Modding

Started by eggman121, June 25, 2017, 07:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matias93

Quote from: art128 on February 24, 2021, 09:53:38 AM
Quote from: eggman121 on February 23, 2021, 09:55:19 PMAs for the catenaries. They won't appear on the RRW

Any reason why? I was greatly looking forward to having overhead lines on my RRW network... :(

I guess it's just because it's a lot of work that cannot be easily transferred from a network to another, and as the NAM Team is in an historically low number of members, it's hard to find anyone else capable to do it.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Tyberius06

Quote from: art128 on February 24, 2021, 09:53:38 AM
Quote from: eggman121 on February 23, 2021, 09:55:19 PMAs for the catenaries. They won't appear on the RRW

Any reason why? I was greatly looking forward to having overhead lines on my RRW network... :(

We (at least I) had been testing it at one point during the summer, but it had too many issues and uncovered configurations as the mod expanded and expanded in recent years. The RRW is a huge and complex mod itself with a bunch of variable things and attaching the catenaries for the models/textures/configurations caused a bunch of troubles. Shortly it seemed to be way too much work even just fixing those stuffs what we had without adding more and more of them to the remaining or future parts of the RRW.
I was looking forward to it, but I would rather see Stephen to make new nice stuffs, than seeing him burning out on this catenary project... :(

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

manga rivotra

QuoteWe (at least I) had been testing it at one point during the summer, but it had too many issues and uncovered configurations as the mod expanded and expanded in recent years. The RRW is a huge and complex mod itself with a bunch of variable things and attaching the catenaries for the models/textures/configurations caused a bunch of troubles. Shortly it seemed to be way too much work even just fixing those stuffs what we had without adding more and more of them to the remaining or future parts of the RRW.
I was looking forward to it, but I would rather see Stephen to make new nice stuffs, than seeing him burning out on this catenary project... :(

- Tyberius

I guess catenaries are props that are supposed to represent overhead wires. I would like to know (just out of curiosity) if you have succeeded in putting the catenaries on each part (by catenary I'm talking about the electric wire) of RRW and that the problem is to put the gantries in a coherent way, or if you had not succeeded to put the catenaries on each part (because the work is obviously huge) or that there are problems related to the creation of offset prop needed to create some T21 (especially in large curves).
I don't know if I am very clear, but I ask this question because if the catenary props are already existing for all configurations, it is possible for players to create their own T21 with gantries of their choice, using these props as a canvas / path.
Like many others, I am very interested in catenaries, and would love to see them appear above the RRW, but having done a few T21s in the past, I fully understand that the task is boring especially considering the colossal number of pieces.