• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show Us Your Best PhotoShopping

Started by dedgren, October 18, 2007, 09:30:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orange Julius

I find it interesting is that it is from ODOT...but that railroad is seldom used...if not outright abandoned.

Note the rusty tracks. Commonly used tracks are shiny.
Gone now...

vershner

I play a game called Nationstates and have made a number of images for that. I did skins for the regions of Canada and England.

The best image is probably the Map of Canada. It goes through a night/day cycle and stuff lights up.
(It needs javascript enabled to work, and won't work properly in IE6 or lower because it uses transparent PNGs)

Here one a did a while ago for a story I wrote. I wanted a massive train with a snow-plough on the front, so I got a old train, stuck a plough on it, then made lots of little changes to make it look bigger.

This is the original:

mightygoose

thats superb vershner. i may have to copy that idea myself.

as for mine, a more simcity related pic ISH

click for much bigger version

its a collage made from over 40 images, i drew a rough guide freehand in photoshop first then set about finding pieces to fill in the area, then a final layer of freehand additions, trees, smoke, clouds (the sky is entirely freehand) smoke plumes etc. then the overall image was manpulated to look how i wanted it to. took about 6 hours to complete start to finish.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

nerdly_dood

Is that an airship I see there? In 1762?? Wow... ;D

Not bad at all.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Navox

I made this for a design contest. It's an ad for the Rabobank.

You could really help me by giving me 20 points. Click on vote. Thanks in advance mates. ;)
http://www.creatad.com/en-US/adcomments/Rabobank-Ad_259.aspx

ehbk2006

I've created some wallpapers for my desktop and laptop:

NS Wallpaper

Veolia Limburg Wallpaper

Railion Wallpaper (with 3ds render)
My BAT Showcase: ehbk2006's traffic BAT's
My sketchup models on the 3d warehouse.
[RDY]: Veolia - Coal hopper + E189

CityMaster563

Here are all of my photoShopped images so far:
4 lane Maxis highway:

AVE-6 zones:

AVE-6 at night:
]
AVE-6 over RHW-6:

AVE-6 Development:

Elevated RHW-6 over RHW-8:

Elevated RHW-10 over maxis Highway:

AVE-6 Intersection:

And Wide Avenues:

I hope you all enjoyed them!
Coastland Region: The SC4 Story:
http://community.simtropolis.com/journal/4478-coastland-region-the-sc4-
story/
The story of two major counties, Ashville and Coastland, battle out to have an individual city reach 1 million sims, but a major storm destroys one city, and a major. What will now happen?
Coming soon: SimCity 4, Full 3D Art (a museum tour)

Sciurus

My best Photoshopping for the moment is my wallpaper :D:

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

kevinaj

This is the fictional planet Terame and it's moon Terameneen. My best planet so far.

And this is Lydle.

I love airplanes.

tahill79

Here is a logo for our Paranormal group.  I made the logo about a year ago and then added my wife and I onto it sometime in July.  The photo of us is at a investigation we did of the Ohio State Reformatory in Mansfield Ohio.  I also posted this on the "show us your self...... thread here too.

tahill79

Im back with 3 more logos I made in Photoshop.  I have PS7 on my desktop but it broke down right now.  I just got CS4 on my laptop and been playing around with it a lot.

Here are 3 similar logos I made for a local rap group.  I know most people dont like rap but I listen to everything.

Ryan B.

Quote from: dedgren on October 18, 2007, 11:26:42 AM
Heh, Lee- I fixed those holes with my drill...

Heblem- that's a beautiful and evocative composition.  Bravo!

Andreas- now the trick would have been to remove the building and leave the crane against the sky...

This is fun!

David

Isn't it?  Say, I have an idea for 3RR's license plates.

...I knew it was 'Fish Something'...

Thoughts?  Opinions?

superhands

This is my lame attempt at photoshopping Albany Hwy. In real life it is only one lane eachway :P

below: once a timber town, Glen Eagle is actually now ghost town after the 1960's fire. the real town site is actually to the left of the false homes.

below: actually removed a double curve on the right. it now looks like a rest area.

mt cooke is actually wrong (google earth) it should be Sullivan Rock.

-Dave

Pic resized, it was breaking the page. (CasperVg - 30/07/2010 CET)

marsh

Recently I've done this. Originally a poster for my MD's space program. Now its my walpaper.  ;D

Full size >>  http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5217/notext.png

canyonjumper

Here's parts of a DVD I 'shopped recently for my MD:

These last three can be clicked for a larger res. I've got the next level of menus underway ;D
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

dedgren

Whoa, Jordan, Marsh- excellent work!  The disk, Jordan, is particularly nice.

You might get a kick out of Ryan's (Ryan B.) original pic:

and what I did with it in 20 minutes or so in PSP X3.

This works because: a) the pic was a small one to begin with and b) because it was pretty low res.  I'll tell you, though.  I wouldn't accept a digital picture as dispositive evidence of anything if I were a trial court judge.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

j-dub

Well, David, its a good thing you won't accept digital as evidence. Just like the House photo, I did not shoot, but I got some alteration here to point out something I do not believe you would allow yet. Lets pretend that that was Josh in this picture, you would not let Josh go biking on a busy higher speed road before the teen years would you? (judging by the color of that light though, and the way their facing...)

dedgren

Well, where did all our PhotoShoppers go?

It's been a year and nobody has, errr... retouched anything here?

...yeah, retouched.  That's the ticket...

Well, I needed one of those "Welcome to..." signs for 3RR that you see all over the midwestern U.S. and Canada.  You know, the civic booster ones with the Kiwanis, Rotary and Elks placards attached below?

Like this one.

Problem is, there's no city, town or village in 3RR named Taft.  Nor is there any oil, except in cans sold at service stations and convenience stores.

So I made a few changes...

Re-aimed that light on the right, too.  Heh!  Who knew they celebrated the arts in a gritty place like Independence?

Let's see your latest and greatest, folks.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax