• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Commonwealth of Marathon

Started by thundercrack83, November 05, 2008, 02:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sim-al2

That last one is completly orginal. ::) Just to add one thing, NEVER bulldoze a diagonal section! It will destroy the whole segment! :angrymore:
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

alan_vzla

looks like you have yourself a new toy  :D... Great informative update and, as always, excellent pictures.

As for the $1000 question... I recently did a work related to European Geography... so I dare to say: for $1000 what is Peloponnese?

art128

Dustin, you do an excellent job with the STR my friend.
Can't wait for more !  &apls

Arthur.  ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

bat

Great new picture there! And update 12 is also nice! Wonderful testing of the STR! :thumbsup:

Jmouse

Thanks for the clear and concise info on STR, Dustin. It is sure to come in handy for testing - just having a picture of the different pieces is a huge help. I received a replacement for the defective graphic card today, so I'm hoping to do some testing in the next few days.

Later...
Joan

JBSimio

Great update, Dustin!   &apls

The new STR pieces look incredible and very useful.  I'm extremely impressed that there are even tunnel capabilities for this already.  I particularly enjoyed the tunnel picture and the one directly above it.

And of course, the previous two "dailies" that I missed were equally great.  The downtown intersection is very well done and I really like how all those buildings fit together.

Oh... and I'm flattered that you would include such buildings in your list of stand alones.  You're too kind my friend and I thank you!

See you next time,
JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

thundercrack83

deathtopumpkins: Hey, there! Thanks so much!

sim-al2: Ha! Thanks! Oh, and thanks for the tip on not bulldozing the diagonals!

alan_vzla: Hi, my friend! I'm glad you enjoyed the update! And we'll see if your European geography work paid off!

Arthur (art128): Thanks, Arthur!

bat: Thanks so much for coming by, bat!

Joan (Jmouse): Hi, Joan! I'm glad you'll get some use out of the update, my friend! For me, part of the difficulty in something new like the STR is sorting out what is what, and what goes with what, etc. I usually plop all the pieces out like I did in the first picture when I get something new, so I thought that I'd share it! Good luck with your testing, too—I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Jon (JBSimio): Hello, Jon! The STR is just fantastic, isn't it? I put the tunnel picture together wondering if it would work, but then I thought, "Wait! David had his hand in this..." Then, there was no doubt in my mind that there would be tunnels! And as for your buildings being on my list of stand-alones, they speak for themselves, my friend. I could make 31 different pictures just using your work, and each one would be magnificent—well, the buildings would be, I don't know about the pictures! Thanks for coming by, my friend!

DECEMBER 23

It's almost Christmas, so I thought I'd spice up the pictures for the last couple days before the holiday!

Just another FAR picture, this one climbing a mountain at sunset.

Now...

Official results for December 22...

$1000: alan_vzla, What is the Peloponnesian Peninsula?
$2500: Arthur (art128), What are Russia and Turkey (Egypt is the third)?
$5000: Arthur (art128), What is Reykjavik?

And our standings...

[tabular type=5]
[row]
[head]
CONTESTANT[/head]
[head]
WINNINGS[/head]
[/row]
[row]
[data]Zack (woodb3kmaster)[/data]
[data]
$11600[/data]
[/row]
[row]
[data]alan_vzla[/data]
[data]
$7800[/data]
[/row]
[row]
[data]Arthur (art128)[/data]
[data]
$7500[/data]
[/row]
[row]
[data]Dan (dsrwhat316)[/data]
[data]
$4800[/data]
[/row]
[row]
[data]Robin (rooker1)[/data]
[data]
$4800[/data]
[/row]
[row]
[data]Paul (paroch)[/data]
[data]
$3400[/data]
[/row]
[row]
[data]deathtopumpkins[/data]
[data]
$2800[/data]
[/row]
[row]
[data]projectadam[/data]
[data]
$2600[/data]
[/row]
[row]
[data]Carmine (CarmineHilton)[/data]
[data]
$1600[/data]
[/row]
[row]
[data]homefryes[/data]
[data]
$1400[/data]
[/row]
[row]
[data]Derry (TheTeaCat)[/data]
[data]
$1200[/data]
[/row]
[row]
[data]Jon (JBSimio)[/data]
[data]
$1200[/data]
[/row]
[row]
[data]Matt (threestooges)[/data]
[data]
$1000[/data]
[/row]
[row]
[data]Joan (Jmouse)[/data]
[data]
$400[/data]
[/row]
[/tabular]

Heading into the home stretch, Zack (woodb3kmaster) still holds onto his lead, but it's far from over!

The second and final Final Jeopardy! round will be posted at 8:38 PM (20:38) EST tonight! Stay tuned!

bat

Nice picture there for the 23rd December! Happy Holidays to you, too! ;)

Looking forward to the pictures for tomorrow... :)

woodb3kmaster

That's another great picture, Dustin! You're great at combining the various NAM curved pieces to create the nicest rural roads. Also, your placement of trees really gives the scene atmosphere.

I hope I can defend my lead tonight! I'll need to keep an eye on Marathon for sure.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

deathtopumpkins

Heh, that FAR road looks a little bumpy...  :D

Oh, the $1000 question was the Peloponnesian? Hmm... I should have guessed that.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

thundercrack83

bat: Fröhliche Weihnachten! Thanks for coming by, my friend! I'm glad you enjoyed today's picture!

Zack (woodb3kmaster): Thanks so much, Zack! And it's time to see if you're lead holds up!

deathtopumpkins: Just a bit bumpy! But, hey! What good mountain road isn't? Thanks for coming by, my friend!

Here we go...

[tabular type=5]
[row]
[head colspan=3]
FINAL JEOPARDY!
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 23[/head]
[/row]
[row]
[head][/head]
[head][/head]
[head]
___________________________________________________________________[/head]
[/row]
[row]
[data]
$1000[/data]
[data]
WORLD FLAGS[/data]
[data]This Mediterranean country is the world's only nation whose flag bears a geographic outline of itself[/data]
[/row]
[row]
[data]
$2500[/data]
[data]
PENINSULAR NATIONS[/data]
[data]It's the largest country in the world without any permanent natural rivers or lakes[/data]
[/row]
[row]
[data]
$5000[/data]
[data]
OLYMPIC CITIES[/data]
[data]Name the two current national captials that have hosted the Winter Olympics[/data]
[/row]
[/tabular]

Viel Glück!

woodb3kmaster

$1000: What is Cyprus?
$2500: What is Saudi Arabia?

I'll have to think about the third clue some more...

OK, I've got it!

$5000: What are Stockholm and Moscow?

EDIT: Merged. - Dustin (thundercrack83)

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

rooker1

$5000 Where is Athens Greece and Sydney Australia?
Call me Robin, please.

thundercrack83

Zack (woodb3kmaster): Waiting in the wings to protect that lead...I like that! Play to win, that's my motto! We'll see how you did, my friend!

Robin (rooker1): Hey, Robin! The official word's on the way!

Official results for December 23...

$1000: Zack (woodb3kmaster), What is Cyprus?
$2500: Zack (woodb3kmaster), What is Saudi Arabia?
$5000: No correct answers, yet.

The big money clue is still up for grabs! I'd suggest reading it very closely, though—Zack and Robin both made a crucial error.

In the meantime, it's after midnight here in Pennsylvania, which means it's...

CHRISTMAS EVE!

Today's picture will be coming later today, probably the usual afternoon time. I have to get the rest of the presents wrapped now.

See you in a bit!

Jmouse

For $5,000:
What are Innsbruck, Austria and Oslo, Norway?

(Hope I understood the answer correctly!) :)

projectadam

Wow, tough question that I will be awaiting the answer. I believe that there has only been one current National Capital that has hosted the Winter Olympics and that would be "Where is Oslo, Norway."

Playing a little bit of catch up here but I thought the picture that you showcased the Gare du Nord was an excellent picture. Some great eye candy for the STR too, I think the picture with the tunnel has a great mix of road, rail and nature.

Hope you have Happy Holidays and a great start to a New Year Dustin :thumbsup:
The Constitutional Monarchy of Ichigamin

Terraforming Update (8/25/09)

Pat

Dustin I am sorry Ive missed so much wonderful stuff here wow!!! I missed my chance to play jeopardy dang it ooh well it seems as it was a blast!! you have been doing some wonderful stuff here and with the STR too!!! I will also like to take this time to wish you a very merry christmas my friend and have a great day!!!

pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

$5000: What are Oslo and Sarajevo? (I can't find other capitals who have hosted the Winter Olympics...)
Sarajevo wasn't a capital when it hosted the Winter Olympics (host country was Yugoslavia in 1984), but now it is one (of Bosnia and Herzegovina)...

And looking forward to the picture for today....

projectadam

Quote from: bat on December 24, 2008, 01:50:28 AM
$5000: What are Oslo and Sarajevo? (I can't find other capitals who have hosted the Winter Olympics...)
Sarajevo wasn't a capital when it hosted the Winter Olympics (host country was Yugoslavia in 1984), but now it is one (of Bosnia and Herzegovina)...

And looking forward to the picture for today....

Great catch bat &apls, I think you are correct. I completely forgot that Sarajevo hosted.
The Constitutional Monarchy of Ichigamin

Terraforming Update (8/25/09)

bluesinjid

Wow I missed the STR and im impressed with it! Have a Merry Christmas!