• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Missing Tree Models

Started by luvs2draw, January 23, 2019, 02:19:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvs2draw

Hello Everyone,

I am having  a problem with Tree Models missing from the game. They are missing on several lots, to name a few, SNM PMQ, Buddybud Sunken Highway Walls.] I have these  dependences installed in my Plugins in the BSC folder, CPT # 7 Tree Controller, # 8 & 9 Tree Models, in SFBT folder, SFBT Street Tree Mod, Seasonal Birch Trees,  in BSC props folder, Jeronij's Vol 2 Trees and Vol 3 Trees Seasonal plus both of the bldprop 1 & 2 , loosely installed in my Plugins folder.  The game is saying I am missing the Plug-In # 1139490945. I was trying to get the RRW rails to show up (it is in the NAM 36 folder, in the rail folder, in my Plugins) but my Rail shows up the Maxis version with a PEG underlay. I might have mistakenly deleted a Plugin I need.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

fantozzi

Please ckeck if these dependencies are present in your pligin folder:

BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol01

CPT_No8_TreeModelsPartOne

CPT_No9_TreeModelsPartTwo

PEG_MTP_RESOURCE_vol1

PEG_MTP_TEXTURES_vol1

If I remember right the SFBT tree mod requires the PEG MTP pack.

Andreas

The SFBT Street Tree Mod doesn't require the PEG MTP pack per se, but only if you picked the PEG trees in the installer. It is a modular tree mod that comes with several different DATs that determine which trees will show up along your streets. The ReadMe file explains this in detail. Depending on which DATs for the street trees you have installed, you need to make sure to install the corresponding dependencies, though.

Looking at the screenshot, the SimGoober high school lot shows "brown boxes" (or rather, the corresponding graphics from PEG's mod), which indicates that the prop exemplar files are present, but not the models. Most prop packs come with exemplar files and models in one DAT, one of the exceptions are the two tree model packs from Cycledogg that fantozzi mentioned. Make sure that you have the DATs (not just the folder), and that you have the most current one (IIRC, Cycledogg updated them at some time).

There might be other mods that replace either the in-game or custom trees (no palms mod, some seasonal tree mod, or an "evergreen" tree mod, Maxis tree replacement mods etc.), so please have another look if you find any of those, and install the corresponding dependencies.
Andreas

luvs2draw

Good morning all,

Thank you for the quick reply fantozzi and Andreas. I have all the Dependencies installed. CP 1 Mega Props is located in the BSC folder in the subfolder BSC props folder. The CPT # 3 & 4 Terrain Textures, # 7 Controller Default Maxis and # 7 Controller Generic and both #8 (1) & 9 (2) Tree Models, are in the Columbus Terrain Mod folder. The PEG Resource and Texture is in the MTP folder (PEG MTP Super Pack). I am using the SFBT Street Mod installed in the SFBT folder with all Dependencies . I added the Maxis Tree Replacement Mod with Dependencies loaded in my Plugins, and opened my region and it removed the flags for the missing trees except for the Palm Trees ( still had the error missing Plugin Pack 11394945). If I knew what the Plugin I am missing I could look in the Plugin Pack Identifier over on the STEX. I was reading about how to find a missing Plugin Pack number (Decimal) and change it to a Plugin Pack I.D. number (Hexadecimal). I tried it and poof' I didn't get the correct Hexadecimal I.D. So I'm at a loss, of what to do?

Andreas

What do you mean by "I didn't get the correct hexadecimal ID"? If the number that shows up now is a different one that you noted down before, it might be more than one models that is missing. Trees can be part of a prop family, so the missing street trees might show up if another model is picked (this doesn't only happen when you build a new street, but also when the development changes, since the street tree mod is also wealth-based).
Andreas

luvs2draw

Thanks for the reply. I was correct with the change of the Decimal to a Hexadecimal. So the missing plugin # is 0x43EB4081. I check the Plugin Identifier and it is not listed there. I guess I will need to learn how to use the Reader to find this Plugin.

mgb204

In this case, you've many trees that are suddenly not appearing in different situations. Looking at the screenshots, I'm pretty sure all such trees are the ones Maxis used as part of the base game. Those will get planted on networks like streets and road by T21s but can also appear on lots too. So how can trees which originally existed as part of the base-content be missing you may ask? Well, the obvious answer is that somewhere exists an override, which takes the original exemplars, but links them to different tree models. Note if you have multiple mods that do the same thing, whichever loads last will be the one being used.

QuoteI added the Maxis Tree Replacement Mod with Dependencies loaded in my Plugins, and opened my region and it removed the flags for the missing trees except for the Palm Trees ( still had the error missing Plugin Pack 11394945).

Can you be more specific about which Maxis Tree Replacement Mod you are using? Because there are many and it seems likely it's the dependency (trees) for whatever model is supposed to replace those Palm trees that might be the cause of your problems.

Quote from: luvs2draw on January 23, 2019, 05:09:03 PM
Thanks for the reply. I was correct with the change of the Decimal to a Hexadecimal. So the missing plugin # is 0x43EB4081. I check the Plugin Identifier and it is not listed there. I guess I will need to learn how to use the Reader to find this Plugin.

Honestly, using the reader to find a single ID from all the files in your Plugins folder, that's like looking for a needle in a haystack. Not to mention, if the item in question is missing, hence the error, you won't find it because if it were there, you wouldn't have gotten an error. The point being, I think you are looking at this from the wrong perspective.

There is a golden rule for installing SC4 content, which if followed will lead to much less hassle and stress in the long run. The first part of is simply never to rush installing anything, take your time and do it piece by piece. Second, test everything as soon as it's added to your Plugins, also use a special test region for this. That way if there is a big problem, there is no chance of messing with your precious regions. But the real key is better understanding of what it is you are adding in the first place.

So you have many types of mods and this is what's important to be able to recognise. Because the amount of scrutiny they will need differs greatly:

• Basic Lots/Buildings
    Typically these are just simple addons that either work or don't. Paying careful attention to any dependencies needed should be sufficient to install them without trouble. Plop them, in the case of growables this can be done using the ExtraCheats.dll and using either the LotPlop or BuildingPlop codes. A quick visual check, comparing with any screenshots of the uploaded content, should tell you if all is working properly.
  • Mods that alter things like textures, models or how the game works
    These mods are more complex and require some diligence to ensure they are not only installed right, but that they work with your likely unique collection of content. Some will require you get the load order right, others have different options that will alter which dependencies you need for them to work.

The main thing here is just to check at the point of installing them that they are working correctly. This way, if a problem arises, you can easily pinpoint its origin. Otherwise the most time-consuming part of fixing issues tends to be locating the problem. But also take great care when mixing mods that do similar things, because the load order is very important.

luvs2draw

Thanks for the reply mgb204,

The Maxis Tree Replacement Mod I was talking about is by _marsh_. I saw the Tree Replacement Mod by T.Wrecks, going to look into that Mod and maybe use it instead of the one by _marsh_.

I'm also going to go through my plugin's and see what mods I am using.

luvs2draw

Solved:

I believe I have solved my problem. I uninstalled ( saved my Plugins and region Folders to my desktop) the game and downloaded the new version from GOG ( with the hot-fix). Installed the game and re-loaded the Plugin and Regions folders, and darn it didn't the game open with the same message. All the tree Model was showing (no Flags) except for Hallenbad Lot was missing the building. Deleted the lot closed down to Region and loaded the game again. No Message and all the Tree models showing.

Earlier I noticed that the ZZZ PEG Face Lift folder was missing. Reset the folder with the following files,
1.   MTP MML 1 Pine Tree and Clusters.
2.   MTP MM2 Scrub Brush.
3.   MTP MM 3 Forest Flora.
4.    MTP MM 4 Old Pine Trees.
5.   MTP Tree Mod.
6.   Terrain Mod.

I believe I deleted this folder when I was setting LK Appalachian Mod because I thought the PEG Terrain Mod would conflict with the LK Mod. I also realized That the SFBT Street Tree Mod was set up wrong while I was setting up T.Wrecks Maxis Replacement MO so I redid the SFBT Mod and selected to install all the Tree Props. No I haven't loaded the T.Wrecks Mod. But the game is up and running fine now.

Thanks to everyone who Help me because of this problem