• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

In-game Sound

Started by Nique, October 29, 2009, 05:52:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nique

Here is the problem. Does anyone know if there is some common-creative library (downloads) with high quality sounds? We need this to add the sound-dimension to the game. Hear sea-gulls when you are close at the beach, hear a constant ambient-noise on the background (when you are outside in real it's there also).

We shouldn't forget about this dimension because this will add a lot of realism to the game.

If there is no such library we'll have to buy it. This is no problem, i think that the most of us are willing to donate a small amount of money to get such things
Proudly developer of

Nique

Proudly developer of

townscape

funny how I link the banner to the only place I ever post :)
The Greatest place to get a game name

tomkeus

I think these will finish the job with a little bit of sound editing. There are great ambient sounds.
#define TRUE FALSE /*Happy debugging suckers*/

catty

Quote from: Nique on October 29, 2009, 05:52:27 AM
If there is no such library we'll have to buy it. This is no problem, i think that the most of us are willing to donate a small amount of money to get such things

:thumbsup:
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

croxis

Or just drive around with a mircophone :D

Atomius

You know, croxis, that isn't such a bad idea. You get the sounds for free, can customise them precisely and get just what you want...

Also as the game is open source users could replace sounds with their own (i.e replace a seagull with a magpie sound etc)

Also for non ambient sounds like UI and stuff theres a free midi maker program called anvil studio you can download. It isn't too difficult to make clicks and buzzes and so forth with that and sound recorder

croxis

I've used anvil before, it has been a while :D

floris

Maybe the project http://www.freesound.org could be useful for the ingame sounds.

Perhaps I also could maybe offer some assistant helping to mix the ingame sounds if there is a need,  because I'm interested in this project. And I have some experience and the right tools. (Protools 8 )

Greetings,
Floris