• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Atrubia - Update 71: A Few Progress Pics

Started by KoV Liberty, June 14, 2009, 08:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

Welcome to page 42!

Your airport is fantastic!
Superb work on it.

Ricky112233

I Loved the last 2 updates!
Glad to see your back, again!:P
Hopefully you'll be a bit more active this summer, can't wait!

-Ricky

Yes, I love aviation
Yes, I'm interested in the former CIS
Yes, I'm half Dutch-half American
Yes, I'm learning Russian
15--

KoV Liberty

Before you read:

I don't want the mods to place this back in active classics, I want that clear right now, but as for now. Atrubia is closed. It will be fully revived sometime this summer with regular updates just like the early days.

Some things have to happen first:
- Me get a new computer.

My current computer is dying. I want to make that clear, while nobody may ever read this post, if you do happen to come across it though, my computer has some serious faults: it doesn't flow with the game and makes it laggy, the screen frequently flickers purple or yellow, the game crashes every couple minutes, and when I do get to play, progress is very slow and tedious and I cannot demolish large structures, etc. It is hopeless, so I'm building a new one, with a new epic Ivy drive processor coming out on April, new 1tb hard drive coupled with my old one, making it 1.5tb of space. A new SSD to put Sc4 on so it is very efficient, new 2gb Graphics Card, among other things all locked away in a Corsair 650D computer case. Will run me $1200 at the least, luckily I have my good friend Xander (WC_EEND) to help me out on this. PayPal anyone? Just kidding. I would never want you guys to do that. I'll make that clear. ;)

- Atrubia will revert back to a desert enviornment. It just will, I like the desert too much and I suck at spreading forests, I might as well be spreading a disease of the same tree. That, and I can spread better desert flora much faster with the new computer. And, aybe a Atrubia Rally perhaps? ;) I have high hopes for this MD, and I'm not willing to let it die without a fight.

- Atrubia will go back to the middle east as par the desert setting.

- The storyline ends here. I'm sorry, but it just isn't interesting. When the MD goes back online though, I'll post a poll whether to keep it or not. Just don't comment after this post. Ony read. But be warned, its like a NAM release this thing, there is no set release of the new version, just a surprise, its back.

- When this MD comes back online, I am going to need LOTS of help. One thing I was avoiding with the first Atrubia (go to the first pages to see) was hills. I suck at terraforming and very much less building on slopes. Most of all because of the little brickwork that appears when something is on a slight incline. HELP!

- I'll also need tips for what to do here. Etc, planning ideas, should I put in a transport system, HSR, El-Rail, etc. Well, or at least where to expand it to, because I already have an HSR started at Atrubia City International Airport. But please, go back through the pages and gain inspiration for ideas if you want, and if you fear you will lose the ideas, PM me and I will make a database of the ideas and give you credit where credit is do. I want this to be a interactive as crud MD and I want you all to enjoy it as much as possible, even while it is in a dismal state.

- To those who have followed it from the very beginning, thank you, and to those who have discovered it more recently and like it, don't worry. It is only temporarily like this. ;)

~ Much thanks, Alex (KoV Liberty)

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

RickD

Great to hear that Atrubia will continue.
The specs for your new computer are impressive. I must say, an SSD was the best investment I ever made in a computer. Windows and SC4 on a SSD gives a real boost. Upgrading my RAM from 4 to 8 Gb didn't help much, though.
But I fear that even on a cutting edge supercomputer, SC4 will still run laggy.  %wrd
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

westy177

(My First Post After About a Month of Lurking :) ) Its strange how I can run the game on something less specs 2gb ram 1.8ghz its sad i know but anyway im glad that Atrubia will be continuing I really like this MD
Regards
Westy177

KoV Liberty

Update 69 - Mini Update

Cyclone1001: Well, after ten months, I hope you enjoy this little taste of what is to come. ;)

bat: Thanks man! :)

Ricky112233: Well, I wasn't. :P I'll probably be more active this summer though. :P

RickD: Well, it's all built at the moment. And so far, SC4 runs very well. Not much lag at this point. Especially when I start to Overclock here in the next few months.

Westy177: Nice to see that your first post was here :D. While your computer may run SC4, I'm sure it does it slowly. Unless you are some computer god who can make it run perfectly fine on it. :P I needed a computer that could deal with the detail of my cities. It would lag like crazy whever I would try to move the camera and make the game unbearable. Not to mention CTD's also frequently plauged my game. But now, it's much better. I would say investing in my computer is one of the best things I could have done.

So. :P It's been a while everybody! Too long I suppose. Haha. Well, now that my computer is built (thanks to WC_EEND (Xander)) I can now play SC4 much easier. I can safely say that I have gotten more SC4 done in the past few days than I could have in months on my old PC. Even then, it still isn't much. I'm also still coping with the fact that Atrubia is still in a new region. Its vastly under construction, but I've had a few ideas pop into my head the past few days. Rather than filling out the whole map, I will designate the lower half to cities and the upper half to wilderness with various checkpoints along the way (like a real desert) to help prevent terrorism, etc. Its a start so far. But the first part of building up this region is to establish that line. As of now, I have cities above the designated line scheduled for deletion. Some are heavilty built up, and some are just a hobby (my fully custom golf course for one) that will disappear. However, the golf course will come back in the form of something by the ocean.

Well, enough of my babbling, you will see soon enough! So, for this mini update to help me get back into the swing of things, I'll show you some projects I have been working on, some I will start, some I will abandon and retool for better use, some finish, and even some you will control the fate of. But you'll have to read on to see that. ;) For the first picture, its about a city I am retooling. Merich City. If you look back at older pictures, its flat out disgusting. I counted, there were 7 stadiums within (game range) of a half a mile of each other. YUCK. So, I'm making the city have a shorter skyline, and more appealng landscaping. Starting with this:

This was once populated and slated by horrible skyscrapers and office buildings. Now it is a beautifully landscaped Mosque and small lake (which will be shown later ;)). This next picture is of another Mosque, which was on land originally slated tall buildings right next to Low Density RES, which is stupid of me to have even thought of. Now it looks much better.

This next area was once three large highrises, right next to Low Density RES. I think it looks much better with buildings and flora like this.

The Low Density RES I was talking about earlier now lives on a special MMP exclusive beach, to make the beach as wide as needed. It turned out fantastic in my eyes. How about yours?

One last thing I am working on is airport realism, which you will soon see with Meriah City International. In terms of realism, I mean by the amount of gates, the airlines at the gates (region specific), parking lot size, signage, terminal size, and cargo center size. This pic below shows a small portion of my realism at airport parking, although I may have to retool, having overdone the flora a bit most likely.

And thats it for SC4 pics for the moment, although I do want to show you pics of my computer, it's not finished. :P *Warning, Computer Talk Ahead! Proceed with caution!* I still need a H100 Watercooling CPU Heatsink for Overclocking the CPU, a new HDD, and some blue LEDs. So not just yet, but below is a picture of my desktop and as you can see, when the computer idle's it uses approximately 1-2% of the CPU. And the GPU is completely controllable via MSi Afterburner. I can control the Memory Clock, and much more, including the fan speed. Default smallest is 40% usage at 1470 RPM. However, for gaming on anything (whether  it be FSX, SC4, or Grand Theft Auto) I always turn it up to around 3200RPM, to keep the GPU cool under heavy usage. And, as opposed to my old desktop which had multiple files scattered everywhere, this is very distinct, with an Applications Shortcut's folder, a Folder's folder (Yo Dawg moment) where I have files that I need easy access to most of the time, and a folder for pictures (even though there is a pictures folder, this is faster to locate in programs).

Well, I'll see you all very soon with some more pictures of Atrubia. I'm pretty much playing Sc4 every day now, but at the moment it's establishing the highways and where they intersect with other highways. Once that's done, I'l be doing Atrbia, section by section. That should make it easier for me to keep track of where I am in Atrbia and what I am doing. There will also be improvements with Mass Transit, and I am currently building my largest and most realistic port, the current port services 7 ships, I'm hoping the new one will service over 30 container ships, not including defualt cargo ships, oil tankers, and passenger ships.

Havva good one,
           Alex

Adrian, I miss you man.

nbvc

Dantes

I like the planting everywhere. It looks very impressive. The park houses are well built. :thumbsup:  I like to see more of the airport environment.  &ops

Great work  &apls  &apls  &apls

noahclem

The changes look just great  &apls  Welcome back!!

KoV Liberty

Update 70 - Mega Airport Update

nbvc: Thanks bud.

Dantes: Well, you'll get a lot of airport here in this update. 24 pics and still not really enough to show the whole thing.

noahclem: Thanks a bunch.

After last week's miniscule update, here is one of my biggest ever. 24 pics! But it is rather late and I have a 10 day trip to start tomorrow. Lots of driving, but hopefully lots of fun too. So I'll make this short. Meriah's new airport is here!

First pic is a view of the airport from an El Al 757-200 at night.

Terminal one serves mainly long-haul widebody flights. Most are 747 with accomodations being made for the Airbus A380.

Terminal two is also long haul widebody but mainly serves the Airbus A340 and A330.

Terminal three serves medium-long haul 767s and A330s, including Atrubia's airline, Royal Jet Airways.

Terminal five serves more long haul, in this case most are 777, there is also a temporary terminal for two A380s to use, currently in the works is a new designed Terminal one to accommodate the A380 or a new terminal altogether.

Terminal six and seven is short-medium haul and turboprop flights. Jet aircraft go as far as Sweden, with turboprops going as far as China.

Terminal eight was recently built for medium-long haul flights, and is currently in use mostly by MD-11's. The only way to get to this terminal is by bus from the main entrance across the airport.

The last terminal is for cargo. Currently it is serviced by Fed Ex, UPS, DHL, and City Bird Cargo.

Meriah's ATCT is now a dual deck with equipment in both upper and lower top floors.

The main concourse is small on the outside, however, most passengers arrive via bus depot, park in the underground parking and enter via the subway station, or come via elevated rail which converts to subway when entering airport airspace.

Atrubia Mass Transit System's Subway building and bus depot.

Airport employees get reserved parking near the terminal entrances.

Heck, I'm sure thats all of them for now. If not, please tell me and I'll edit the update. But for now, since I'll be gone for ten days, there will not be an update until after I get back and even then I have to work more on Atrbia. But it's coming along. ;) So I'll see you guys soon!

Havva good one,
           Alex 

Adrian, I miss you man.

Cyclone1001

That is one epic update, I love the airport. Good to see more Atrubian content.

RickD

Fantastic airport. Great looking and extremely realistic.  :thumbsup:

Have fun on your trip.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Ol.S / Benoit

Great work with this airport ! :) Will come back here more often :)
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

vinlabsc3k

Great updates KoV Liberty!!  :thumbsup:
Don't worry, take your time to create your fantastic region! &hlp
I've only a little critic: You can use the 90° smooth curves in the sixth image of mega airport.
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

apeguy

It's great to see this MD return, and I must say that airport is fantastic! You've made full use of the gigantic selection of planes on offer, as well as the unreleased Boeing 767's, very impresive.

Your terminal and concourse designs are well laid-out and realistic, and the vegetation and infrastructure around the airport is also well-made. I really like how you squeezed in Terminal 8 between the road and the runway, great use of the minimal space. :thumbsup:

I look forward to seeing more! ;D ;D

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Evillions8

That is one huge airport!  :o

Great to see you back!

bat

Fantastic pictures of the airport there!
And great work on it.

Ricky112233

Als Cyclone said, that is an epic airport ya got there! And it's huge, too!
Haha! Yup, not last summer, but this summer!  :)
Hope you're enjoying your trip, wherever you are!
Sorry for being gone for so long, this is the first time I've been back since the beginning of April! :/
Stupidity had completely taken over my head als I over-overclocked my pc, thus almost dring my CPU! :( Therefor, I haven't been able to play SC4 nor FSX!  :'( I will hopefully be getting a new pc soon and I'm just praying that Ill be able To transfer my data!  %confuso

Long stort short, good to see your Atrubian updates again! :P

Ayó from Curacao! (part of the former Dutch Antilles!) :D

-Ricky
Yes, I love aviation
15--

KoV Liberty

Update 71 - A Few Progress Pics

Cyclone1001: Thanks.

RickD: I had epic fun on my trip. No thanks to a certain tropical storm debby who tried to ruin it though. Haha.

Ol.S / Benoit: Thanks. And glad to see you will be coming back. ;)

vinlabsc3k: Thanks. And I am taking my time to make sure it looks as good as the parts I have already focused on. And the reason I did not use the 90 degree curve is because it would mess up the taxiway not sown in the picture. The airport is fairly cramped and moving the taxiway is impossible. And moving the road over to make it more smooth will plant it in very deep water.

apeguy: Thanks. ;) And I think those 767s will be released soon. They are most likely in the final stage of SC4D Scrutineering, if my guess is correct.

Evillions8: Thanks. ;)

bat: Thankyou my friend.

Ricky112233: I did enjoy the trip thanks very much. :) And you overcloced your PC? I do hope you used a CPU Heatsink that could handle that. The default Heatsink that comes with it is not supposed to be overclocked. However if you send a report in to Intel (or AMD whichever you have) saying the CPU is faulty, there is no way (almost no way) that they can tell it was OC'ed. I'll have to check with my friend on that but I believe (this coming from memory) that is what he told me. Hope you get that fixed soon!

Well, its been far longer than I have expected but I am back again. My trip took me from my home in Marathon to Orlando Fla. for an overnight halt before going to the program I was at at the University of Florida. But while in Orlando I also drove through UCF and that is a great campus as well. I got to drive on the highways in North Florida the next day and I must say it is quite beautiful up there. Large rolling hills was certainly what I wasn't expecting. And, because there are a lot of Cuban foreign chefs who put much salt on food in Miami, not to be mean to anybody who is, the food tasted much better as there weren't many foreigners. When I got to Gainesville where UF is located, I drove around the city a bit and it is quite beautiful there. Lots of Spanish Moss in the trees and shade. If I can find my phone, I have a few pictures I can show you guys.

The general activities I did were very college esque. Classes, projects, etc. on my intended major. Journalism and Mass Communications. We also had speakers from other colleges come in, all very good and well known in what they do. We even had an established writer come in, where she talked about writing successful novels. Throughout the week I had probably walked over 25 miles around the campus to get to classes and dining halls. However, thanks to Tropical Storm Debby inching its way across the Gulf of Mexico and into Florida, I walked at least 15 of those miles in the driving rain. Three of the 5 days I was there I got back to the dorms we were staying in as a soaking wet lump. And the stuff that went on in the dorms while at night was amazing as well. People skidding down the hall in mattresses for God's sake. I almost got nailed by one. :P And even a music video was made. However, it isn't too great of a song if I'm honest. :P But very well done in my opinion.

You can find the video here. I then proceeded to go to Jacksonville to see the UNF Campus there. I wasn't too impressed though. It was too small for me. I want to be in a large campus, which UF is. I also got to test drive a 300ZX Automatic. While for a bit I did have my heart set on one as a first car, I recently found something even better. I'm not going to tell what it is yet. But when I get one next year, I'll show many many pictures. :P You can try to guess up until then but I doubt you'll guess correctly. :P

Also in the time I have been back I haven't played too much SC4 because I have been playing Cities XL. :P Which is unfathomable how it works. So I just entered money cheats via trainer and am now 400K in debt each game month on my city :P. Its also impossible to plan ahead in that game because terraforming is very weird and destroying things to make rooms for more things makes you look bad and people move out.

I have also secured a job working at Publix Super Markets as a shelf stocker. So I should be making some monies.  ;D

Now onto the update! Its rather small but not much impressive progress has been made. Just much suburban area. Which, annoyingly, has trouble finding work even though there are plenty of jobs available. So here are some pics starting with a suburban pic. I have made a effort to make it look desert-ish as well. ;)

This tile also connects to Meriah here:

However a highway will be built around this as well. This will alleviate the already terrible congestion.

I have had time to create a posh hotel though. The Burj Alunad is quite beautiful at night with the bridge. A pic will be available next update. ;)

A couple of pics of the new Meriah for good measure as well. Its not totally redone but it's getting there.

And a preview pic of the next update as well. ;)

Havva good one,
           Alex 

Adrian, I miss you man.

Ricky112233

Wonderful update Alex! And thanks for your quick reply!
Amazing to see how far you've come in such little time, reminded me alot of Egypt.. The only difference is that the buildings in Egypt aren't nearly as pretty $%Grinno$%

Inshallah!  $%Grinno$%

Hope your choice will be made soon as in which college youll be going to...

-Ricky
Yes, I love aviation
15--