• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's SC4 Projects

Started by art128, August 12, 2009, 03:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomas Neto

Fantastic, really awesome update again!!!

Arthur, meu amigo, suas cidades são geniais, altamente realísticas e com uma organização sem igual!!! Parabéns!!!

kbieniu7

Good work! Your blocks estates looks well planned from urbanistic side!  :)
But the name Plodopitomnik sounds very funny for me :D
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

canyonjumper

Awesome Art! Looks amazing!

Your friend,
                            Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Ricky112233

Good job Art! One thing though, what are English Terrace houses doing in a Eastern European Country?   $%Grinno$% :P

Oh well, every country has it's own architecture!

Anyway,

Good Job! :thumbsup:

-Ricky
Yes, I love aviation
Yes, I'm interested in the former CIS
Yes, I'm half Dutch-half American
Yes, I'm learning Russian
15--

kodlovag

This is a wonderful update. The whole MD is just fantastic. I don't understand, how could I miss this MD.  &apls
Visit my MD, welcome to Archipelago

art128

Sc-4 - Merci beaucoup !

Yan077 - Thank you Yann ! I'm glad you loved that picture, i'll enter it in the picture competition soon.

Marsh - Thanks a lot Marsh, yeah that grainy effect is nice, I liked how it turned out.  :P

Gilikov1994 -  ()stsfd()  ()stsfd()

Ricky112233(1) - Thanks you Ricky !

Girafe - Thanks Girafe !

Djvandrake - Thanks ! People definitely like this picture, I really should enter it in the comp ..  :)

Kwakelaar - Thanks you very much Gjermund, this area took me lots of time to make, so i'm glad you liked my works.  :P

Ecoba - Plus one for that frame, going to the comp soon...  ::) Anyway thanks a lot Ethan, i'm glad you enjoyed this update, as I enjoyed to make it.  :P

Io_bg - Thanks a lot my friend ! Btw, as you're a habitant of a commie/ex-commie country, do you think I should add some more concrete between the blocks ? And what for example, blank concrete or parkings?

Tomas Neto - Obrigado amigo ! É bom que você comentou no meu MD.

kbieniu7 - hehehe, I think I got it from the suburbs of the real Kazan, but yeah it sounds definitely funny. :) Thanks for the comment Kamil !

Kalvar - Thanks !

Canyonjumper - Thank you very much Jordan !

Ricky112233(2) - Well, I wanted to experiment with the English styled suburbs (as TTC (TheTeaCat) does very very well). We can say it is a gift from England ?!  ;D

Kodlovag - Thanks for stopping by and commenting !

Today's update fells on, look, post number 666...  ::) lets have a look at the industrial city of Vorkuta.

Vorkuta, Where The Hell Begins

That's all for today, I know it is a bit short, but i'm busy with school..  :thumbsdown:
Anyway comments and critics are welcomed !

-Arthur. :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Sheep49

For the record, I actually stopped writing my Physics essay for tomorrow just to check this update out and write this reply. Thanks Arthur! $%Grinno$%

No, I'm just joking. But I have to admit that I am impressed by the short update, and overall awesome effect of this mosaic. The use of towers of flats is magnificent, and glad to see that you made use of widened avenue. The refinery looks brutally beautiful, and with the railyard just next to it I can only say that you really mastered realism in this shot. Also, I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one who thinks it is logical to put football stadium next to an industrial area. I mean... duh! :D

The weakest part is the forest at the bottem of the pic, which, unfortunately, looks very monotonous, and there is just nothing to put my eyes on there, I think. I would love to see a gravel path or a sand road going through the woods. Using more variety of trees may also be useful, but I know that planting each tree individually is a painfully boring job, and I won't even try to make you do such a thing. I mean, I'm not a sadist or anything! But I also think that bigger variety in trees there would take away from realism slightly. But some grass or flowers, or even a meadow... I wouldn't mind!

Still, photoshopping (great gray effect) makes up for the forest, so overall I say it's a nice picture. Great job, I can't wait for more! :thumbsup:

All the best,
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

Silur

Well, Auto number 11 on Lada - is Komi Republic Sign.
I like Your CJ ... :thumbsup:

canyonjumper

Awesome mosaic Arthur! Great placement as always ;D

Your friend,
                               Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

bat

kbieniu7

I agree with Piotr. Industrial areas of refinery looks great!  :thumbsup:
Sorry for short comment  :P
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Nardo69

Hi Arthur!

Sorry for not posting around for a while, missed quite a lot!  /wrrd%&

The only thing I don't agree with Pjotr is the forest. It's perfect because of its monotony and it is the perfect counterpart of the industry. I just would have added some dead trees close to the industry.

Take care!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

RickD

QuoteToday's update fells on, look, post number 666...
:o

Wow, that is a massive refinery. But it looks very good. It looks great in Sim City but I wouldn't want to live right next to it.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Ricky112233

Yes, I love aviation
Yes, I'm interested in the former CIS
Yes, I'm half Dutch-half American
Yes, I'm learning Russian
15--

rooker1

Great stuff...I like how dark and dreary it all seems.  And that pipe line going throught the city is perfect, I love it all.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Battlecat

I've missed a number of excellent updates here!  I love how this latest update turned out!  You have an amazing eye for composing very realistic scenes!

noahclem

Nice large industrial complex. I like the pipes and rails especially. I'm a fan of the forest as coniferous forests are ubiquitous in northern Europe and Asia, heavy industry or no.

Girafe

Exceptionnal Arthur  &apls &apls &apls

I recognize the Soviet style and you realise perfectly these scenes :thumbsup:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

io_bg

Fantastic mosaic, perfect in every aspect! I love the pipe running through the town and the freight rail yard. Looking forward to more! :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November