• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Powerline Discussion

Started by j-dub, September 28, 2008, 02:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j-dub

Note: This discussion was previously a part of the SAM Development thread.  -Alex (Tarkus)

There are so many T21's, that personally I think doing a seperate power pole/ telephone wire network, with SAM's technology wouldn't be such a bad idea. It does seem that there are more poles, with alot more wooden ones being made lately by multiple people, and alot of concern about the ability of wires slope conforming. That way we can get this T21'd utility line thing out of the way.

By the way, there is a pole very close to this that had been T21'ed somewhere by Interstate 80.

metarvo

Novel idea, this is.  The problem of slope conforming wires would be solved.  I think that a similar idea has been raised on a certain SC4D thread [linkie], though.  If you are referring to a SAM-like mod for the in-game draggable lines, I'm afraid this would be very difficult, if not impossible.  The properties are not as editable.  How did we get off on this, anyway? :D
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

j-dub

Because the subject of a utility pole for SAM kept coming up, maybe it needs to be dealt with else how. What I am talking about was using SAM, to have some new utility lines, not the utility menu itself, since there is no other way to incorporate draggable networks, other than ones with paths. I never had the intention to design this type of thing myself, but whoever wants to make new utility lines, the wires would be modded like an elevated network for slope conforming. I am referring to new big poles, not the T21'ed street lit poles that appear on one side.

Jonathan

I think this mod would have 2 or 3 main problems to get around.

1) it wouldn't be able to carry power (or water if you wanted)

2)Having no paths on it would make the game slowdown (Although I don't think the RHW-6 (in v20) has paths on the edge tile?)

But if these could be overcome then it would great, and much used. :thumbsup:

Jonathan

Patricius Maximus

I've been inspired by the discussion in the SAM thread, and I want to create power poles of my own (ploppable, not T21'd)

PM's Bat Thread

BATters: Please assist.

Streetlight 725

Nice Telephone pole. &apls
can it be plopable?

Tarkus

It was Glenni's from over a year ago.  I'm not sure he's going to revive that project.

-Alex

Starmanw402007

That would be cool to see the poles and power upgraded. Cant wait to see what u guys do with this project.
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)