• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Lot Editor & Windows 10

Started by Ryan B., June 04, 2017, 08:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan B.

I've re-installed SC4 Deluxe (downloaded from Amazon) and all of the custom content creation stuff (BAT/PM/LE) . . . and the Lot Editor will not start.  It makes like it's starting up - then I get a "Lot Editor has stopped working" error.  The non-BAT LE works; however, the game doesn't read my props in HD (I have SimFox's HD scripts installed).

Any ideas before I pull my hair out?

praiodan

At least with the BAT LE I encountered the same on my W7 64b. I never really investigated that issue to be true, instead I simply began using the SC4PIM LE. Its usability is an acquired taste, but works absolutely fine for me.

Andreas

I remember having some issues with the BAT LE when I migrated to Win10. Eventually, I had a good look at the LE installation in the SimCity folder of my Win7 machine, copied the files manually, and created a new desktop shortcut for the LE exe file.
Andreas

Dublin

Hi Ryan, just a few questions ideas. What exact OS 10 are you running, 32 or 64 bit. I'm running SC4 on Windows 10 Pro on a dual core 32 bit and Windows 10 Pro on a quad core 64bit on a second machine and LE works fine. Are you running as administrator (probably not required but it may excuse some prompts to run). Have you run the compatibility trouble shooter, running in Windows XP (service Pack 3 ) mode does the trick for me. Do you have a shortcut to LE and is it directed to the right location. Example (C:\Program Files(86)\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Apps\Lot Editor.exe) yours may differ. Once you have it running you may want to add a line to your shortcut target to enlarge you LE window such as (LotEditor.exe -r1600x1200x16-w). You may have to run under a single core. For some reason I can't quite fathom I'm able to run most everything under multiple cores without changing down to single. Perhaps running Windows 10 on a Mac with a bootcamp partition has something to do with core usage. hope you get it running. I use both LE stand alone and PIMX and they work well.
Where ever you go, there you are.

Ryan B.

Quote from: Dublin on June 05, 2017, 06:06:18 PM
Hi Ryan, just a few questions ideas. What exact OS 10 are you running, 32 or 64 bit. I'm running SC4 on Windows 10 Pro on a dual core 32 bit and Windows 10 Pro on a quad core 64bit on a second machine and LE works fine. Are you running as administrator (probably not required but it may excuse some prompts to run). Have you run the compatibility trouble shooter, running in Windows XP (service Pack 3 ) mode does the trick for me. Do you have a shortcut to LE and is it directed to the right location. Example (C:\Program Files(86)\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Apps\Lot Editor.exe) yours may differ. Once you have it running you may want to add a line to your shortcut target to enlarge you LE window such as (LotEditor.exe -r1600x1200x16-w). You may have to run under a single core. For some reason I can't quite fathom I'm able to run most everything under multiple cores without changing down to single. Perhaps running Windows 10 on a Mac with a bootcamp partition has something to do with core usage. hope you get it running. I use both LE stand alone and PIMX and they work well.

I'm running a Windows 10 64-bit OS.  I've tried the compatibility troubleshooter, with no result.

EDIT:  I've done a complete PC reset & re-install of everything.  I'm back in business - the Lot Editor from ModDB works!