• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Creating New lots from scratch

Started by binnsbre, January 27, 2017, 04:48:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

binnsbre

Hi

I was wondering if there are any tutorials for creating lots from scratch. I have been working through the tutorials on how to create the buildings.
I would like to create lots for my buildings if I can not find a lot that suits my need.

Would also like to know how to make a bat functional.

Thank you

FrankU

Hi binnsbre

Which progam do you use?

With the Maxis LotEditor you must always begin with an exisiting lot. You can change everything except the building. So if you want to make a lot then first think what functions it should have. Then choose a Maxis Lot having these functions, open it, save under a name of your choice and start editing.

With SC4-Pim you must begin with a model. Choose one from the models list.
Then you select it and drag it to the building type you have in mind for that building. There is a long list of building types.
Now you have created the building. Open the building file, click right and select "create lot from this building". Now you need to give in the heigth and width of the lot and it is created. Now you can start editing.

In short.. I don't know if this makes sense to you. If not I probably should take more time and find the tutorials that should exist here and there.

Good luck!
Will you show the results?

Frank

mgb204

Whilst I'd recommend you use PIM-X for lotting, it's simply a more powerful application that makes life easier, you will want to get the fundamentals down first. I have a tutorial with step by step instructions based on using the Maxis tools, Plugin Manager and Lot Editor, find that here.

binnsbre

FrankU

Thank you for the response. I have tried using SC4-PIM but keep getting an error when the application loads.

This is what I see in the Log file
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
I use a windows 10 pc not sure if this will work on Windows 10. I see it does work on Windows 8

I will most definitely show the results once I have finished working through the tutorials and actually created something to upload.

MGB204
Thak you for the link to the tutorials. I will work through them as well as soon as I can get the SC4-PIM working.

vortext

Quote from: binnsbre on January 30, 2017, 05:28:10 AM
This is what I see in the Log file
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
I use a windows 10 pc not sure if this will work on Windows 10. I see it does work on Windows 8

Make sure you have all the DLL files mentioned here inside the install folder, as well as the win7 fix applied.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

binnsbre

Vortex

Thank you. Yesterday just after posting I found the page and added the dll files.
Problem resolved.