• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Elevated Rail Wont Connect to Station

Started by Kay Corey, April 03, 2016, 04:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kay Corey

Hey
I downloaded SC4 and i added the NAM mod. From there i started playing the game and build cities. Then i started to build mass transit and realized the elevated rail tiles wont connect to stations at all. It turns brown if it gets close to the station but simply turns red if i try to connect the both of them plz help

eggman121

Hello Kay Corey

At this point an image may help to diagnose your problem.

Are you using the elevated Rail or are you using the Heavy rail?

Both are distinct and don't connect apart from crossings.

-eggman121

mgb204

I'm guessing it's El-Rail.

If you look in the Misc. Transportation menu, somewhere around the stations (under the bus stop for me) is a piece labelled "El Rail (Other Side)". Whilst some El-Rail stations have been modded to allow you to simply drag through the station, it's not always possible for all of them. In such cases, the "other side" piece acts as a bridge between the station and the network. You'll find similar pieces for Viaduct Rail, El Rail over Road and possibly others too. Full instructions on usage of all included NAM stations can be found in the NAM Documentation, installed in:

"My Documents\SimCity 4\NAM Auxiliary Files\Documentation"

Refer to the PDF titled NAM Transit Stations Manual.

Let us know if that doesn't resolve this for you.

Kay Corey

But im using the game standard elevated rail station not any added ones or modified ones

InvisiChem

If I remember right, draw the rail complete, then plop the station on top of it. This station was designed to be placed on top of an existing rail.

Although the NAM has a lot of components a large learning curve, it is actually easy to learn its pieces and gets easier every release. I would still suggest installing it. Fix the pathfinding problems, capacity problems and give you a bunch of new toys to play with as you see fit. Most of the original maxis networks are still there, just made better.
Everyone has something to offer, most do not possess the courage to offer it.

mgb204

Sorry for the false assumption before.

If plopping the station on the rails doesn't fix this, perhaps the land is too bumpy? Usually the game can work out how to correct such things, but if that's failing, you can help it along.

Build a section of elevated rail 5-7 tiles in length. Make sure no other transport network is within 3 tiles of this line, in any direction. Plop the station onto the line. Only then connect up either side of the line. Doing this makes the calculations and auto-terraforming as simple as possible for the game. If networks are around others, sometimes the game simply can't terraform suitably to place an item.

Kay Corey

its funny cuz i had this game a couple months ago with NAM installed and everything was fine. BUT i factory reset my computer and installed everything the same way and now its acting up. Also im not too savvy using NAM so i just use the files that were in the game already.

Kay Corey

WOW  i just uninstalled NAM and the el rails still wont connect to stations. CAN ANYBODY HELP ME PPLLZZ :-[ :'(

InvisiChem

<url>http://v9.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=280lixl&s=9</url>

This was without NAM on perfectly flat ground
Everyone has something to offer, most do not possess the courage to offer it.

art128

You know,  It will help a lot if you could post a picture of your problem. ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

cogeo

Maybe terrain isn't flat, and the game can't move the ground up/down enough because of other networks (especially intersections) around?