• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

show us your airport!

Started by jaronamo70, December 21, 2006, 09:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GMT

well I couldn't help myself but taking this quick wip sneakpeak:

terminals a b and c, intercontinental connections.
it looks pretty complete, far from this it is tho, even worse the remaining parts of the airport...

... really, it is. I swear.

Haljackey

My... Pathetic... Airport.

I have been putting off building a realistic airport to serve my region for about 4 years. Maybe I should stop procrastinating. :P

Great work guys!

SCWTC4

nice airport GMt, i like the three satellites placed between the runways.  :thumbsup:
anyway, did you lot yourself those taxiway-concrete runway crossing or did i just miss some RIMP updates?
me and my (clever) friend..
f: "everytime i play SC4 riots erupts, they even blow up a bridge"
m: "do you ever consider the possibility of putting around some police stations?" (joking)
f: "you're right..."
m:

GMT

Quote from: SCWTC4 on May 16, 2012, 12:28:43 PM
nice airport GMt, i like the three satellites placed between the runways.  :thumbsup:
anyway, did you lot yourself those taxiway-concrete runway crossing or did i just miss some RIMP updates?
Thanks.
Yes I did them myself by editing existing textures into new ones. Except for RETT I created all necessary textures to work with 3wide runways, but only for my own purpose in respect of Voltaire and the other guys that are working on a fullblown release of new 3wide textures for quite some time now...

mike3775

Quote from: Haljackey on May 16, 2012, 12:14:28 PM
My... Pathetic... Airport.

I have been putting off building a realistic airport to serve my region for about 4 years. Maybe I should stop procrastinating. :P

Great work guys!

I'm the same way Hal.  I try and try to make a good airport, but sadly never get around to it so I simply use the maxis airports

GMT

and another sneak, say hi to continental terminals 7 and 8, contracted by Southwest

and fyi, here's the list of the other contractors:
terminal 1: American
terminal 2: United
terminal 3: US
terminal 4: Virgin Blue
terminal 5: Delta
terminal 6: Continental (I know they are United now, but who cares?)

SCWTC4

&apls looks a bit like Atlanta or Denver, underground People Mover right?

and don't care about Continental beign United now, in my airport you can find Northwest PanAm and TWA still alive and flying around.  :satisfied:

me and my (clever) friend..
f: "everytime i play SC4 riots erupts, they even blow up a bridge"
m: "do you ever consider the possibility of putting around some police stations?" (joking)
f: "you're right..."
m:

GMT

Atlanta inspired me, as such a layout of terminals was the only suitable option.
I tried something similar to LAX or Sky Harbor, but the space available was simple too little to do so.

Haljackey

Pretty happy with this... the first airport I've made in 5 years!

Click images for full resolution! :D

Contrast to what was there before:

GMT

except the size (and therefore markings) a pretty solid work there, i like the arrangement of the terminal and overall layout of the field...
definitely a worthy attempt after 5 yrs  &apls

Haljackey

Quote from: GMT on May 27, 2012, 07:04:13 AM
except the size (and therefore markings) a pretty solid work there, i like the arrangement of the terminal and overall layout of the field...

I got the airport from this file so I didn't actually make the markings... I wouldn't even know where to start if I made them myself.

But thanks! The last custom airport I did make is in the GTR, and that was in 2006/2007. You can find the now consolidated version here: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=3340.0. (I forget where it is in there :P)

GMT

I see...
I'd love to see you actually build one nowadays ^^

mike3775

Quote from: GMT on May 29, 2012, 04:53:07 AM
I see...
I'd love to see you actually build one nowadays ^^

I tried to build one, but the time and effort required is to much for me, considering I tend to destroy regions real quick after starting them, although now I am trying to not do that by playing a region where I have multiple R, C, and I's going at the same time all interconnected via rail/highways/road connections, basically an expanded regional aspect. 

What I really wish was possible was to be able to actually build a huge airport and be able to physically save it as a lot somehow within the game itself using those puzzle pieces, then I would actually try to do it.

Koekie01

Quote from: mike3775 on May 29, 2012, 06:16:36 AM
What I really wish was possible was to be able to actually build a huge airport and be able to physically save it as a lot somehow within the game itself using those puzzle pieces, then I would actually try to do it.

You may take a look at this: http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/27006-regional-airport-v1-road-enabled/

Haljackey

Quote from: Koekie01 on May 30, 2012, 07:26:34 AM

You may take a look at this: http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/27006-regional-airport-v1-road-enabled/

That's actually what I used to make my airport seen above. :P

If someone was to make a large airport like this (for jumbo jets and stuff), that would be the holy grail, at least in my mind.

mike3775

Quote from: mike3775 on May 29, 2012, 06:16:36 AM

Yeah I grabbed that already and used it.

Quote from: Haljackey on May 30, 2012, 08:32:48 AM

That's actually what I used to make my airport seen above. :P

If someone was to make a large airport like this (for jumbo jets and stuff), that would be the holy grail, at least in my mind.

I agree, if someone were to do that, they would be a god to me(and probably others as well), because I would love to have some of the airports I have seen in this thread made available to grab

Its not that I am lazy to do it myself, its just that I have a hard time playing the game for very long, before I lose interest in a region or I think of something different I could do in some cities and then toss the region and start over.  I think I found a way to keep my interest in playing a region going longer though, as I downloaded a map that has 6 large city tiles across, and 7 down, and I am making it where the top row is all farming and low res, then below it is all industrial, then all Low Res, then all Med/High(this I intend to be the main feeder city with mot of the citizens), below that is low/medium Commercial, and below that one, High Density Com, and then the final row would be a mixture of all R.  This way when I get sick of playing one row, I simply start over on the second row instead of tossing the region and starting over, I start over again but leave the original intact.

magee_b

Williamsport International Airport. It's more of a regional domestic hub, but does handle some cross border traffic, and the occasional winter charter. With good rail and highway access, the airport authority is currently trying to position itself as being an efficient cargo handling centre. Oh hey, the seasonal weekly BA flight is just pulling into the gate!

GMT

let's tease you
KNCI, about 99% completion.

mike3775

Quote from: GMT on June 04, 2012, 03:46:00 PM
let's tease you
KNCI, about 99% completion.

Sweet. 

One thing I noticed, I keep getting the "business wants an airport" pop up building a non maxis airport, is that normal?

andrey black infinit

Just the principal entry of the Gaumont International Airport.