• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

show us your airport!

Started by jaronamo70, December 21, 2006, 09:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WC_EEND

ah ofcourse, silly of me not to think about that:P
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

c0rnh0li0

Quote from: magee_b on October 03, 2011, 01:31:54 PM
Yeah, I use roads/streets as placeholders for taxiways and runways and then build up the surrounding terminals, aprons, support buildings. Just helps give me a quick idea of what the layout will look like in the end. Also keeps the space occupied until the new RMIP wide-runways are complete :thumbsup:

Wish I'd thought of that when I was working on my airport.

joelyboy911

I do it too sometimes. I have to tell you it is absolutely my favourite thing to see planes and buildings that I've worked on in other peoples' pictures. Thanks for making my day! Great airports, magee_b and leeam1989!
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

SCWTC4

me and my (clever) friend..
f: "everytime i play SC4 riots erupts, they even blow up a bridge"
m: "do you ever consider the possibility of putting around some police stations?" (joking)
f: "you're right..."
m:

Risu

Impressive use of diagonals. &apls

ESTERNOCLEIDOMASTOIDEO

and this is an old airport a large city in size. and by the way truly awesome airports everyone! &apls

apeguy

:o :o WOW. THat has to be the biggest airport I've ever seen. Awesome. :thumbsup:

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Korot

Dear God! That thing is massive!  :o :o WOW, just WOW!  :thumbsup:

Regards,
Korot

art128

This last one says " SIT DOWN KID " to every other airports that have been showed both here and at Simtropolis.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

feliwi

Hey together,

thanks a lot for the comments on my last airport and of course, nice and very interesting airports everyone.

In my last post I mentioned that i'm working on a new bigger airport for my Asian boomtown. I haven't finished the entire airport yet, but at least i've finishes the terminal area.
The airport will be a midfield airport with two parallel runways. In the middle of them terminals are located. There is one big terminal with a big pier in front of it. As well there is a sattelite concourse for major international service, which is connected to the terminal by a train.

The terminal and the sattelite concourse are dimensioned very big and are mainly made to board wide-body airoplanes such as B777, B747, A330, A340 or A380. I haven't filled all gates yet, but it's impressive without all the plane as well.

Here's an overview shot of the terminal and the concourse in front of it:

Connected by an airport train you may notice the sattelite concourse:

After a closer look you may notice some A380 gates with 3 jetbridges:

There is enough empty space to expand the capacities. A T-formed sattelite is possible which can be connected to the existing one:

Finally we take a look at the landside infrastructure of the the terminal:

Maybe some of you may have noticed, that the airport has got some similarities to Kuala Lumpur Int. Airport. I've visited this airport about 4 weeks ago and it really inspired me to build this one.

Hope you like it!

[Delta ²k5]

Great airport feliwi! :)

To all: I wanna show off some new props I found yesterday on the net made by BriPizza:

for me those are the best 747 props so far....

you can get them here: http://www.bripizza.net/sc4/

Remember: those are only props! You have to put them on some lot first :thumbsup:

Cyclone1001

My reaction
That is fantastic, I've already downloaded and about to start lotting. Nice picture, and thanks for sharing these new props!

mike3775

Holy @#$! ESTERNOCLEIDOMASTOIDEO, that is one huge airport.  That airport probably satisfies commercial districts 4 regions over  :)

joelyboy911

@Cyclone: That's just a tad inappropriate (and over-the-top) don't you think?

But nice lotting work, Delta2k5!
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Koenieboy997

Hey,
I've got a question. I want to make a custom airport in my new region, but which plugins do you use? I currently downloaded the RH Airport pack, but when I see tutorial, they all use different packs. So which shall I choose?
‎(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Swordmaster

Quote from: Koenieboy997 on October 27, 2011, 01:26:00 AM
Hey,
I've got a question. I want to make a custom airport in my new region, but which plugins do you use? I currently downloaded the RH Airport pack, but when I see tutorial, they all use different packs. So which shall I choose?

Hi Koenieboy997, the AC team subforum has got a nice overview of stuff [linkie].

[Delta ²k5]

Quote from: joelyboy911 on October 26, 2011, 10:57:19 PM
@Cyclone: That's just a tad inappropriate (and over-the-top) don't you think?

But nice lotting work, Delta2k5!

I cannot view his video, because the german law is stupid (contend with copyrighted music isn't available in germany...)

Thanks, but they aren't even an alpha... I only made this lots to show you these props as I think they are really great... I can't wait for the 747-400LCF too BriPizza showed on his page ;D

@Koenieboy997: If you want more planes / stuff then the "basic" AC team files, you could also take a look in the forum from the SCAG - Team over here: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=267.0

As the "SCAG catalogue" is really outdated, I would search in the topics over there for links. Most they made is hosted in the STEX at simtropolis.com so If you search over there for "SCAG" you should be able to find what they provided so far. :thumbsup:

Btw. now there is a lotted version of the 747-400F/ERF and the MRJ available: http://www.bripizza.net/sc4/2011MRJ-B747lotset/2011MRJ-B747lotset.html

Risu

I love this thread. :D Everyone posts such amasing stuff!

[Delta ²k5]

Quote from: Risu on October 27, 2011, 10:20:37 PM
I love this thread. :D Everyone posts such amasing stuff!

Something more to amaze you all :D:

Take a look over here http://www.bripizza.net/sc4/2011B747-400LCF/2011B747-400LCFlotset.html

The Boeing 747-400LCF... Also if you don't want this bird you may have a look on it's dependencies as bripizza made some real nice ground vehicles :thumbsup:

wishfulanthony

Surprise! I've returned from a very long slumber and back to work after years of studying and a semester of internship. So, for the airport, I'll just give you a sneak peek of one of two airports I've built so far, which will be part of my upcoming MD (no name yet, but the working title is called County Trentwood). Enjoy!

Sky View:

East end, with two hangars:

North end, with a downtown area:

P.S. Let's see if this will help me bounce quickly into the MD business.
Tony
Urban Studies and Planning
San Francisco State University · UC Berkeley