• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

show us your airport!

Started by jaronamo70, December 21, 2006, 09:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManuelR

Here are 3 pictures from my airport.

Thanks to suplado! for the airplane props! :thumbsup:

bat

That are some fantastic pictures of your airport there, ManuelR!!
Great work on it! :thumbsup:

cameron1991

Heres a small cargo terminal I just made using Tabi's new cargo prop pack
The first two pictures are of the Cargolux apron

And these last two show the apron used by UPS,DHL and Fedex

Gailu

Here are picutres of my city's airport: The New Amsterdam Liberty International Airport

bat

Great work on that airport, cameron1991!
Beautiful looking airport there, Gailu! Fantastic work on it!! :thumbsup:

pilotdaryl

bat: Where did you get those good looking hangars?  Can you point me to them or send them to me?
Gailu: That has got to be one of the best airports I have ever seen  ;D  Great job!  Where did you get the cargo terminals?

DFire870

Nice job Gailu! I can see you got your inspiration from Newark-Liberty International Airport. ;) Although the hotels (especially the Heywood Inn) might be a little too tall, even if they're not in the flight path of any of the runways.

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

blade2k5

I think I'm going to have to have my lower jaw set in a cast it hit the floor so hard after viewing your massive airport Gailu.  Very, very nice work &apls 

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

Filasimo

thats one hell of an airport cameron  :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Gusterfell

Great interpretation of Newark, Gailu!  I have to laugh, though, because I'm doing exactly the same thing right now, building an airport based on Newark.  I'll have to post some pics so we can compare.   ;)

Where did you get those big blue-green hangars, BTW?  I love them.

The_Hutt

Gailu - Great airport!

Well, here's the gargantuan I promised a few months back. (No, I wasn't kidding about that!) It's absolutely massive. If you've seen a larger one, you're obviously a habitual liar.

Welcome to Gen. Douglas MacArthur International Airport!

KDMC is the largest airport in the world. It has four terminal buildings, 237 gates, and eight full-length concrete runways.

KDMC is served by a major freeway, Interstate 33, and a smaller route, US Highway 38, which intersect at midfield. Both are the only means of access to the airport. Interstate 33 has central express lanes that run the length of the midfield.

Tunnels are used to enter the midfield area, which is completely bound by runways.

As mentioned, there are four distinct terminal buildings, A, B, C, and D. They are connected by an underground people-mover, allowing for easy access to and from any particular terminal.

Each Terminal has an identical street-side layout. There are two wings, one housing ticketing, the other housing baggage claims. Terminal D has an additional international customs area. In addition, each terminal sports a pair of parking garages, making for a grand total of eight.

Above is Terminal A. It houses 61 gates.

Terminal A:

• United Airlines: A1 - A61

KDMC is a major hub for United, which flies a variety of aircraft into KDMC.

Above is Terminal B. It includes 57 gates.

Terminal B:

• Northwest Airlines: B1 - B23
  • Alaska Airlines: B24 - B33
  • Delta Airlines: B34 - B48
  • WestJet: B49 - 57 (satellite concourse)

WestJet is KDMC's newest carrier. WestJet serves both American and Canadian cities from here.

Above is Terminal C, which is critically acclaimed for its architecture. Notice how the concourse resembles an airplane in flight. Terminal C has 58 gates.

Terminal C:

• Horizon Air: C1 - C7
  • Continental Airlines: C8 - C26
  • Atlasjet: C27 - C36
  • US Airways: C37 - C58

Unique to Terminal C is its outdoor concourse area. It is roofed by an invisible glass, and passengers often wander outside for fresh air.

Terminal D is the international terminal. All international flights are routed through this terminal.

Seventeen foreign and domestic airlines have gates located here.

Terminal D:

• United Airlines: D1 - D9
  • Aeromexico: D10 - D13
  • US Airways: D14 - D17
  • Delta Airlines: D18 - D21
  • Continental Airlines: D22 - D23
  • Northwest Airlines: D24 - D29
  • Singapore Airlines: D30
  • Cathay Pacific: D31
  • Japan Airlines: D32 - D34
  • Atlasjet: D35 - D38
  • Air Canada: D39 - D41
  • Iberia Airlines: D42 - D44
  • WestJet: D45 - D52
  • Lufthansa: D53 - D58
  • British Airways: D59
  • KLM: D60
  • Virgin Atlantic: D61

You can see the variety in airlines here.

In addition to commercial air traffic, KDMC has a small general aviation area.

It also has a small cargo facility for international shipping.

The airport administration has an office building complex located next to the freeway.

And finally, some runway shots.

Well, that's about all. I apologize to those of you who are dial-up users (there's something like 20 pictures here ;) ). Comments are appreciated!

The_Hutt[/list]

TopCliff

HOLY.
COW.
DUNG.

That is flipping awesome!!! That must've taken you hours to get it right! *sigh* If only all that time had been spent on your "other" project . . . *coughcough* :P
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

bwatterud

Nice airport The_Hutt.  I also like the use of SG Canals as a roundabout filler.  Very creative. 

And that's not a large city tile, is it?   :o  Still massive, even if it's on a medium. 

DFire870

Wow, that's absolutely incredible! One small nitpick though, I would think an airport of that size would have a larger cargo area. Still, that's amazing, especially the RHW cloverleaf.

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

Ryan B.

The_Hutt:  Excellent job on that airport!  (Watch for a PM from me very shortly.)

Filasimo

wow! seriously you got my vote for best airport design!
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

JoeST

Quote from: Filasimo on February 03, 2008, 10:43:01 PM
wow! seriously you got my vote for best airport design!

there's a best airport design competition? if so, you get my vote too, thats god damn amazing

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Une_ame

Big airport here &apls!!!! But with such long runway, too bad their's no A380 and/or Concorde.
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

Gailu

-bat: Thanks  :)
-pilotdaryl: Thanks, I don't remember where comes from this cargo terminal because I have too many BAT in my plugins folder, perhaps from the JoergPackhttp://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=1864
-Dfire870:Yes it is a replic of the Newark Airport  :thumbsup:
-blade2k5: Thanks ;D
-Gusterfell: Yes I hope we will compare our 2 versions, the hangars: http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=13765

Haljackey

Wow, these are amazing!  I wish I could get my airports to look like that.  Excellent work everyone!  &apls