• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Osturland

Started by Yoder7652, March 31, 2007, 12:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder7652

WELCOME
Let me officially welcome everyone to my first Mayor Diary...the nation of Osturland. From this location, I will present images and story related to the region. I've been working on this for some time and I've been wanting to share it with you all. In addition to presenting some pictures and stories from around the cities and region of Osturland, I will also display some of my BAT projects that are being prepared for release on LEX. When I create a building, I have a purpose for it in mind in one of these cities. So you can see how I planned to use some of my creation when I was making them. With the help of the BSC team, and particularly the expertise of Barby, I am able to pass them on to you to use in your cities.

I'm not sure exactly how often I will update this Mayor Diary as I have never had one before, but my intention is to have an update ready every couple of weeks.....more if I become inspired. I've been paying close attention to Mayor Diaries here and City Journals on Simtropolis for quite awhile and have "barrowed" many of the things I've liked from those creations for my cities. Thus, any similarities you notice been this Mayor Diary and other diaries you've read are entirely intentional :D. Additionally, my presentation and organization of information in this diary will be similar to that of others which I thought was useful and aesthetically pleasing ;). My hope is that you will enjoy the content of my posts and reply with your comments, praises, and criticisms. Onward to the first update  :satisfied:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
TABLE OF CONTENTS
The History of Osturland
A Government is Born
The Payens Citadel
Ministerial Cabinet Part 1
Ministerial Cabinet Part 2
Views Around Payens' 1st Ward
Jubilee Celebration Part 1
Jubilee Celebration Part 2
OBN and Mistress-Gate / Views Around Payens Government Center
Osturland Airlines / Payens International Airport
Baudinard Circus
Osturland National University

PAYENS SIMLYMPICS
     Payens Simlympic Bid
     September Simlympics Opening Ceremony
     Day 1: Middle Distance and Polo
     Day 2: Shot Put and Judo
     Day 3: Pole Vault and Tug-of-War
     Day 4: Discus Throw and Volleyball
     Day 5: Triple Jump, Golf, and Shooting
     Day 6: High Jump, Handball, and Weight Lifting
     Day 7: Hammer Throw, Kickboxing, and Syncronised Swimming
     Day 8: Cricket, Karate, Gymnastics, and Badminton
     Day 9: Marathon, Rugby, the Modern Pentathlon, and Wrestling
     Day 10: Javelin, Hockey, Mountain Biking, and Sailing
     Day 11: Long Distance, Table Tennis, Diving, Lacrosse, and Archery

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
NEWS EDITIONS
Capitol Development
TIME Commemorative Issue
Payens Closer To Bid

OSTURLAND - PAYENS
Osturland is a small island nation off the coast of Europe in the Atlantic Ocean. In the map below you can see its relative geography with the rest of Europe. Its closest neighboring country is Spain. There are essentially eight major cities in Osturland. Chief among these cities is the capitol, Payens. Payens is situated on the banks of the Molay River, which runs through the heart of much of Osturland, and the Payens Bay.

Payens is the center of political life in Osturland and is divided into several different districts. The central of these districts is the Government Center. This is were we will begin our introduction to Osturland and Payens. The first building that we come to when entering the Government Center is the Osturland Parliament. The country has been a democratic nation since almost its inception. Although it is a constitutional monarchy, the monarch only provides oversight for the business of Osturland as well as entertaining foreign dignitaries and engaging in ceremonial duties (as well as getting into trouble from time to time ;D). The Osturland Parliament building is the single most important building in the nation. It is where the legislature of Osturland meet in order to govern the country and develop new laws. Located on the Payens Canal, which connects the Molay river with the Peyans Bay. The building was built in the gothic style around the beginning of the 1400s. It has survived two past fires and was most recently restored to its present state at the turn of the 20th century. Below are several different pictures exploring various exposures of the building as well as a picture showing members of the Osturland Parliament meeting outside the building before going to session.

The next picture is of another government building in the Government Center district of Payens. This building complex is known as Sanford Palace. It was once used as the official residence for the monarch of Osturland. Today the palace is used to house the foreign embassies of Osturland's friends and allies.

Finally, we come to one of the several bridges that connects the Government Center with other districts in Payens. As you can see, there is a sign with the official crest of the government of Osturland alerting motorists that they are entering the Government Center district.

That is all for today, hopefully I'll have another update ready sometime in the near future. The subject of the next update will be another building in the Payens Government Center district where the history of Osturland is kept...the Osturland National Archives. I will begin to present some of the history and the government strucutre of Osturland with some pics of the Archives building. Till then......

snorrelli

Whoa... :o

Love the parliament building. Look forward to seeing that on the LEX!
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

Yoder7652

Yeah I forgot to mention that the Osturland Parliament building (which is actually the Hungarian Parliament building in Budapest) will be making its way to LEX soon. There are two versions...one with canal access (although the canal is SimGoober's and not Oppies) and one without canal access. So stay tuned to LEX ;)

kwakelaar

Yoder this is fantastic, I have been waiting for this for some time, and I can not imagine a better showcase for your bats.

Small Island??? $%Grinno$%, this country is the size of the UK, in my European book that is not a small island and in terms of a MD country it is huge.

So far the images from Payens look very good, and I look forward to your next update.

vester

Great shots.

As a creator of automata, I would love to see some more cars, trains, trams, ect, maybe even a water taxi/bus in the near future. ;)
To get this you can pick another NAM traffic plug-in.

The Hungarian Parliament has turned out to be real stunning. As stunning as the real thing. Yes I have been to Budapest, twice in-fact.

Badsim

Yoder ...

You already know , ( all SC4Devotion already knows .... $%Grinno$%) I'm in love with your BATs ...
Don't make again surprise to me  like that or I think I could have an heart attack . :thumbsdown:  , yes I should give "-1" to your karma for that !................................ ;D

And...  as if it wasn't  enough , you're also talented for cityscape : the stylized sobriety  surrounding this marvel is  ... another marvel .
I absolutely love it . &apls &apls &apls

I said this morning to SA that he made my day , what else can I say now except that you've just made my ... tomorrow & next days ...  ()flamdev()

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

praiodan

So you finally got around to start your MD :thumbsup:

I love how much effort you put into this creating great BATs for these shots... simply spectacular. Love it. &apls

jeronij

No words can describe how impressed I am  &apls
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

M4346

OMG! That is a really sexy building! Well done! I can't wait to see that on the LEX! *faints*

I'm glad to see you engage in MDing and I'll be watching this MD with a close eye because I believe it will be very promising! Your work is amazing, and if you're as attentive to detail in the game itself as you are in the BAT it will be a sure-fire winner!  &apls &apls

Wow! I'm still in awe!

I also had to LOL at the size of your country... it's larger than most European countries but it's a small island?  $%Grinno$%

Looking forward to more! And a heartfelt welcome to MD-land!  ()stsfd()
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Eddie

If you only saw my eyes expand to unrealistic proportions when I saw the Hungarian Parliament building...

sebes

Great start of your MD, and great pcitures too. Looking forward to this small island to take it's place in Europe!
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

dedgren

Yoder7652, congrats!  An amazing start showing us pics of an astoundingly conceived governmental center.
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Kokopelli

Outstanding Parliament bulding. Great start.

Gaston

Very very good beginning.    This is really amazing.    I have so many questions.     I'll wait till another time to ask,    'Where did you get...'       I like this MD alot.     I'll be watching for more updates soon.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

mattb325

Yoder, a much anticipated MD and this is certainly a wonderful start! Great presentation and of course, utterly spectacular BATs! Great stuff :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Osturland looks absolutely stunning so far, I love the Parliament building! I can't wait to see more of your development. Also, Congratulations on gaining "Special Interest this Month" status!

iamgoingtoeatyou

... i am speechless

i think i will clap now

&apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls

emilin

Wow! Extremly good start! Well deserved appointment for special interest of the month too. &apls &apls &apls

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Krio

:o what a parliament

...after I woke up after fainting I also read your CJ and it's great. I hope that you continue doing this.

Heinz

hello. thats a great start! hoping you get INSPIRED so that more updates fill up this thread at a regular basis  :P overwhelming parliament building!