• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Reginam da Domena Lorella [Last Update: 10/11/07]

Started by Dark_Jedi06, August 23, 2007, 08:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danthe

Congrats Dark_Jedi06 for Awards &apls Last update is great, farms looks very good.
And I enter into diplomatic collaboration willingly, if you wish.

thundercrack83

Congratulations and welcome to the Special Interest section, my friend! You've definitely earned it, and I hope it'll be a great October here!

sebes

A terrific update, and a very well deserved award. Congratulations Dark Jedi  &apls
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Dark_Jedi06

Over the Punt da Trais'Arvieut and on the opposite shore of Stgir Bay lies the major industrial park of Ossian. Hidden by the gleaming skyscrapers of the capital city's downtown, living conditions in this area are destitute and reserved for only the poorest citizens. A perpetual brown smog hangs over this part of the city from the numerous spots of dirty industry.

Autostrada 10 cuts through this area, known as the Industria'lieu. It is the final section of Ossian before entering the suburbs of Olassan.

The Aut'sveltezza Rain passes by the Industria'lieu along the shore of Stgir Bay and follows a sunken line towards Olassan.

A small lake marks the end of a long, winding river that begins high in the Alps. The Dadtig River as its known is among the longest in Domena Lorella.

The freight line connecting the outlying Ossian farms with the Porta da'Brand runs directly through the Industria'lieu, picking up additional goods for export from the many factories along the rail line.

;D Thank you everyone for helping me earn this special award!  ;D

I've been suffering lately from a serious case of RL-Syndrome, so I must apologize for the time it took to get this update up. School work and a variety of other issues have severely hampered my ability to play Simcity 4, sadly. &mmm Considering the amount of replies, I will simply address you all with one big thank you. I've always hoped to earn the special interest award and I couldn't have done it without all of your support. :)
...this space to be filled soon...

bat

A very great new update!! Wonderful mosaics/ pictures! :thumbsup:

sebes

These updates show again how much time you spent to making your city/region close to perfect  &apls

I was going to comment that it looks kind of strange that a large city as Ossian as such small (2 spurs) railroad tracks - but it looks like you have set up a completely separated freight and personal rail system, right?
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Jmouse

Very nice update, DJ. Even the poorest parts of your town look good! :thumbsup:
And there you go following the trains across the beautiful landscape again. Showoff! :D I can barely get a few autos to show up my photos. :-[
And all of us have to deal with RL, often when we least want to, so just do what you can when you can and stick to your high standards.

Until next time...
Joan

ManuelR

I saw this MD the first time today and really love it. :thumbsup: &apls
The curved rails and the colorful fields are perfect!
And the buildings really remember me at my country Switzerland and East-Germany.

Yoman

Finally a non perfect area :P And I must say I love it, it is perfect (though in the sense of how its built) like all your other areas. A great dirty industrial slime hole indeed :)

Hope your case or RL lightens up a bit for you.

thundercrack83

Magnificent, my friend! You never cease to impress me! Your last picture with the railroad tunnel going under the bridge is one of the best things I've seen in a while! So subtle, yet so brilliant!

Ennedi

Great pictures, Dark Jedi!

Your transit network is done perfectly. Maybe it would be good to have more railroad tracks in the industrial area (as sebes said), but it is your decision and a question of the space you have for it. But both rail tracks and roads harmonize perfectly with the terrain.

Your industrial area and neighboring residential building give an unusual feeling. Looking at these pictures I really can remember a specific atmosphere of some places in North Italy and Switzerland I visited. Also in real life old industrial buildings look a bit strange in a beautiful landscape. But my opinion is not such important, I think Manuel's opinion is the greatest compliment for you, because he lives int the region you are trying to show :thumbsup:

It is definitely one of my favourite MDs!
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

rooker1

Awesome update, I can agree with what has already been said.  Your layout of the rail lines are perfectly done, and I love that your pictures include a train zooming by.  Great pictures and awesome work.

&apls &apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Xiziz

Yay, this looks great Jedi!

Sorry i havnt replyed yet, up to my shoulders in schoolwork XD il have that mod for you finished ASAP, just gotta catch up on homework *sigh*

Strechnitz

Great update and it is nice to see how relatively newly released bats find their way into Domena Lorella. And as always it looks as if they were meant to be there. :thumbsup:

Strechnitz
Your favorite "deliciously deviant" Empire is Back after a 2 month pause

Click on the picture above to visit Stropon.

rushman5

Totally awesome!  Love the attention to w2w detail you have put into this, as well as the extensive lotting.  By any chance, could you have just relabeled the SMP texture to all the other plaza codes?

pipishere

A huge congratulations on your award and on your great update. Well deserved.  :)

Strechnitz

A little party to prolongue the festive season. ;)

Strech.
Your favorite "deliciously deviant" Empire is Back after a 2 month pause

Click on the picture above to visit Stropon.