• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Cascadia: A Light in the Pacific (Mar. 1, 2012)

Started by canyonjumper, December 12, 2009, 02:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canyonjumper

Replies

puresim: Thank you!

MattyFo: Thank you! Did you look at the dependency list?

BuildingUp: Thank you very much!

djvandrake: Thanks! Yes, that is a functional windmill. It is the SFBT Wind Power Plant by voltaic.

Cyclone1001: Thank you! And I already do.

bat: Thank you!

Tomas (Tomas Neto): Thank you very much! ;D

Battlecat: Thank you! And I got it here.
Teaser 6

Guess what? Another teaser :D!

T6.01
Here is the Hixon townsite.

T6.02
And here is the Chilcotin River:

Thanks guys for reading! :D

-Jordan
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

djvandrake

Nice teaser and thanks for the link!   ;D

Battlecat

Fantastic update!  Interesting use of the flowers on the shoreline of that river!  The small part of that train station I can see there in Hixon looks fantastic as well!

Tomas Neto

My friend, great work!!! Awesome both images!!! Fantastic teaser!!!  :thumbsup:

Cyclone1001

Looks really good, but the river area looks a little too 'uniform' so I suggest mixing up the grasses and such around it! But anyways, good work all around!

canyonjumper

Replies

djvandrake: Thank you and you're welcome :)

Battlecat: Thank you!

Tomas Neto: Thanks alot!

Cyclone 1001:Thanks! I hope it's improved a bit today.

Update 8 - Hixon

Alright, here's Hixon in it's entirety :thumbsup:!

Here's a town overview.

And here's a night view, just because :)

This is the small community of Colgrove, just a residential block a kilometre away from Hixon, being built.

And here it is complete.

Colgrove Church, the oldest building in Hixon, built in 1866, by the family of Joseph Hixon.

The Cascadian Railway Network (CRN) passes through Hixon. Lots of passengers commute with the CRN, so every town it passes through have modern, well-equipped rail stations.

Where do they think they're going? There isn't anything in the direction they are heading.

A solitary pedestrian walking through the middle of nowhere? Smart.

Almost road kill there. There was three of them crossing earlier, and caused a car accident.

Since when are llamas amphibians?

And the finished pond. No llamas drowned in the making of this pond :D.

Just for Bernhard (Nardo69).
Quote from: Nardo69 on January 27, 2010, 03:00:24 PM
canyonjumper, I could have forgiven the flare (I don't like too much PS) and I wouldn't have said anything if there were only one level crossing but two of them so close to each other - no way!  $%Grinno$%
Better?

And next time...Duncan. I'm trying out a new turning lane mod, so let me know what you think.

And that was Update 8! See you guys next time!

-Jordan

Cyclone1001

Where did you get those paths in the last pic? Oh yeah, looks nice (amphibian llamas, what a joke. We all know they are reptiles!

mightygoose

great update there, maybe don't go quite so overboard on the flowers, but other than that, fantastic shots.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Battlecat

Nice looking update!  The homes and dirt tracks facing the railway are particularly eye catching, how did you pull that off?

sumwonyuno

The pictures of the town are great!  Heh, there are a lot of pedestrians on that bridge.  :P

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

Nexis4Jersey

Interesting update , i like the extra detail around the creeks and ponds :)

~Corey

Tomas Neto

Awesome update!!! Fantastic city, and florest too!!!  &apls &apls

Rady

Good update! I really like the first pic - it's perfect how this little village fits into the clearing of that forest. ALso the rail passing through with that dirt roads aside looks very natural!
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

Nanami

jimbo_jj

Very nicely done! Must be peaceful there ... except when the trains pass through. ;D
Coming Soon to SimCity 4 Devotion: Alterren: The New World City
An MD by Jimbo_JJ

canyonjumper

Replies

Cyclone1001: Thanks! And those paths are Shadow Assassins Cycleways (New-looking or Old-looking).

mightygoose: Thanks, and now, looking back in retrospect, I realize that I did indeed go overboard on the flowers :).

Battlecat: Thank you! Those are actually lots that I found somewhere on the STEX. I tried looking for them, but no luck. The only clue I have is that they were uploaded sometime in 2003.

sumwonyuno: Thank you! I have no idea why there was so many pedestrians on the bridge.

Corey (Nexis4Jersey): Thanks!

Tomas Neto: Thanks alot!

Rady: Thank you Rady!

976: Thanks!

jimbo_jj: Thank you and yes I imagine it is!
Update 8½

This is the first in a series of four updates about various vacation and resort towns around Cascadia. Each update will feature the town itself, and the various resorts, campgrounds, hotels, or motels around it. First up, Ashcroft.

9¼.01
Ashcroft was founded in 1967 by a group of loggers and their families as a temporary settlement meant to be disassembled when the nearby forests were cut down.

9¼.02
However, now in 2011 the town has thrived.

9¼.03
Nearby Nepa Lake has attracted resorts and vacation homes. This one is for sale for CCD$3.5M. Previously owned by the Meaden Family, it has 5 bedrooms and a master suite, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, basement suite, study, dining room and attic. 2 floors plus a basement and an attic. Designed by the renowned Matt325, this home is very spacious, and has a pool.

9¼.04
This home on the outskirt of the area is secluded, but provides quick access to the Nepa Lake Provincial Campsites. This home is brand new, and is available for CCD$2M. 4 bedrooms and a master suite, 3 bathrooms, dining room and study. This one too, designed by Matt325, who has done most of the houses around Ashcroft.

9¼.05
And here's a shot of the farms on the other side of town.

9¼.06
And one last pic of Ashcroft. Note how the town has expanded over the hill.

And that was Part One of this update. Next time we will have Crescent Point, a small resort municipality on the Sunshine Coast.

Thank you for reading :thumbsup:!

-Jordan

emgmod

I need 3.5M CCD right now. That house looks perfectly secluded.
In the second to the last picture, what is happening with that building near the road curve?

djvandrake

&apls

Well done.  Great shot of the under construction houses.

canyonjumper

Replies

emgmod: Sold! Sign here "$Deal"$ please. And I have no idea what is going on there. Glitch I think.

djvandrake:Thank you!

Update 9½

Today's update is Part Two to this series.

9½.01
Here is Crescent Point, a pleasant town of 346 people. This town's main revenue is tourism, so there are several accommodations nearby.

9½.02
Here is a lovely secluded cottage. Available to rent for $CCD70K, the cottage is perfect for a weekend to getaway from it all. Optional power activated by a switch in the kitchen.

9½.03
Or you could stay at the Crescent Hotel located at the heart of the town. Not far from amenities, you won't be disappointed with the view out to Vancouver Island. CCD$500 a night.

9½.04
This seaside villa has a phenomenal view of the Georgia Strait. For rent, CCD$1000 you can stay in this luxurious villa for three nights.

9½.05
This lodge is perfect for those who want to reduce their carbon footprint. Made of green materials, it will only need CCD$650 for you to stay in it.

9½.06
The DeHune Hotel and Spa is right on the waterfront, offering breathtaking views of the surrounding area. Renting a room for one night will take CCD$560

9½.07
This beautiful home is for sale CCD$1.5M. Fully furnished, this home is far enough away from Crescent Point to be a quiescent place to relax and enjoy the beauty of nature.

Next...Whistler :D

-Jordan

Tomas Neto

Wowww, great updates here my friend, in your MD!!! Really awesome!!!  &apls