• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Extra Support MOD

Started by eggman121, January 30, 2014, 05:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eggman121

Hello Everyone.

Who can spot the difference between the two Road 7.5m viaducts in this photo?

Yep. I notice that when you draw out an elevated Road of any sort you have to place your roads carefully to retain the pylons, pillars or supports for the Bridge. This can be cumbersome and difficult to do.

So I have embarked on a project to add pillars to the elevated road crossing pieces to give extra support to the bridges that users would like to have. So if a pillar is knocked out by your roadway or railway the pillars will go either side to maintain support.

This is purely a cosmetic mod and will not add any new functionality to the game.

This is still in the prototype phase but since it more of a copy and paste exercise it should not be that hard to pull off.

As with all mods there is no date for releasing this mod.

What do others think?

-eggman121

woodb3kmaster

I've been waiting for a mod like this for a long time, so great work! I look forward to its eventual completion and release. :thumbsup:

Out of curiosity, are you planning to extend this mod to include elevated RHW networks and/or rail viaducts?

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

eggman121

Quote from: woodb3kmaster on January 30, 2014, 05:23:15 PM
I've been waiting for a mod like this for a long time, so great work! I look forward to its eventual completion and release. :thumbsup:

Out of curiosity, are you planning to extend this mod to include elevated RHW networks and/or rail viaducts?

Thanks for your kind words  :thumbsup:

To answer your question the RHW will be included in the mod. But I may phase the mod to give access to end users for the first part which will be the drag road viaducts. The RHW has a lot of crossing on multiple levels which I will have to Navigate through so it will take a bit longer. Thankfully Tarkus has separated all the levels into folders in NAM 32 so it should not be too hard to find the files needed for the mod. Nevertheless the RHW is definately in the scope of the project.

-eggman121

spot

Another awesome mod from you!?  I'd like to see them all (the signs especially) soon. Thank you!

Gugu3

Thanks eggman!whatever you're working on your job is always excellent! &apls

Shark7

Another thing that might be nice is an over-hanging pylon lot that could allow us to place them manually if we so desired.

eggman121

Quote from: Shark7 on January 31, 2014, 08:27:26 AM
Another thing that might be nice is an over-hanging pylon lot that could allow us to place them manually if we so desired.

I thought about that but I have gone off Lotting since it is...

A) cumbersome to place the props

B) Adds to many players overcrowded menus. (eg. It takes a minuet to scroll down to the bottom in my parks menu.)

C) The T21 method will cover most situations anyway.

But by all means if you would like some overhanging props attached to a Lot I can BAT up some pylons with the correct height and offset but I won't be making it part of this mod. This is going to be purely a T21 mod like the rest of the projects I am working on. I think that automation is the correct way to go since it offers better functionality and will not clutter your menus.

Good idea but for something that is purely cosmetic it is not really worth the extra effort.

-eggman121

eggman121

The Extra Support Mod v1.0 for Drag Road Viaducts has been released on the STEX

It can be found here. http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/29252-extra-support-pylon-mod/

-enjoy

-eggman121

spot

Cool. :thumbsup: Next step, make them prettier. :)

byr1al

Good work ! Now we only need additional textures, so it's compatible with the European roads  &apls &apls