• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

MGB's Mods and other stuff

Started by mgb204, May 04, 2015, 04:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankU

mgb204

I just wanted to list a few odds and ends here that others might find useful which I've created, but probably don't merit a full release, enjoy...

PEG Ploppable Boats

Contains four neutral lots with prop families covering four types of boat:

- Cabin Cruisers
- Pontoon Ferries
- Ketch Boats
- Sloop Boats

(Names based on prop naming, I'm not nautically inclined)

You can download them here.

Find them in the Seaport Menu, requires the following dependency: "PEG-CDK3_Rec-Boats_RESOURCE_101.dat" download here (Oct 15: updated link to STEX since SimPeg is no more :().

mgb204

A request on ST for removing the grass from the avenues led to the creation of this mod. Simply override the NAM with them and grass should be removed from the bulk of your Avenue network, find it here.

Edit: See my NGN (No Grass NAM) on the LEX if you are looking for such a mod.

belfastsocrates

Love those ploppable boats! Thank you
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

c.p.

The ploppable boats was a great idea.  Thanks &apls

emanuelfranco0390

Thank You for the grass mod and the boats. I can't find the MGB SW Ave - EU File for US textures, in the zip I only found the EU textures file, or maybe I missed something?.

Thanks.

Greetings

mgb204

Quote from: emanuelfranco0390 on June 27, 2015, 12:42:53 PM
I can't find the MGB SW Ave - EU File for US textures, in the zip I only found the EU textures file, or maybe I missed something?.

You are quite right, I must have accidently moved the file when testing and therefore forgot the put it in the final zip. Try downloading again, I've updated a new version now which includes the US file. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

mgb204

It's about time I blew off the cobwebs in here...

ML's El-Rail is soon to be once more RHW compatible  :D.

I can't commit on MLs BTM right now, it's too much work what with all the possible changes afoot for the monorail network. As usual expect a patch when I've got some more pieces done, final changes should make NAM 34 (:edit: now included with NAM 35) along with my MHO fixes. Thanks to having 3DS Max now, my workflow is greatly sped up, so I'll see if I can't get support to a really decent level on a par with Maxis El-Rail. Since I'm focussing now on El-Rail only, I may try to convert the El-Rail over RD, Street, RD4/Ave networks as well.

noahclem

Great work  &apls  This kind of patching, gap-filling, and compatibility fixing stuff is so important to have but so rarely done. I'm sure many will be very grateful. I'm quite excited to see how ML style el-over-road, etc will turn out.

Dantes

Moonlight-sama EL Rail Mod RHW-compatible, well done!  &apls &apls &apls
I love your PEG Ploppable Boats-Mod  :)

mgb204

Progress is moving along swiftly on these pieces, I've just finished all but 2 of the originally supported crossings tonight. Actually they are done too, it's just a small imperfection in the model I've been fussing over for 10h+ trying to resolve  ::).

This includes some new pieces for RHW-3, RHW-7C and RHW-8C that did not previously exist also. I'm also thinking a bit of RUL can be utilised for certain situations where two bridges meet. Models exist for longer bridges, so I could improve how a number of these setups work, where no median between the two directions of a highway exists.

The good news though, with all the pieces needed as "templates" to make all the previously unsupported pieces. I should be able to add the remaining diagonal variants for all those RHW networks that support Maxis EL Rail too quite easily.

I'll bundle these into an upload in the next few days  :satisfied:

APSMS

Absolutely incredible! &apls

If you are able to find time to make it compatible with El-Rail over Avenue/RD-4, well :bnn:

You certainly have been busy...
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

compdude787

Looks pretty nice there! However, I don't really like the RHW-6S crossing because it seems like the pillars for the crossing are intruding into the right lane. You should probably fix that, because you don't want sims running into the pillars at 60 mph and killing themselves... ;)
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

mgb204

Quote from: compdude787 on October 11, 2015, 11:50:31 AM
Looks pretty nice there! However, I don't really like the RHW-6S crossing because it seems like the pillars for the crossing are intruding into the right lane. You should probably fix that, because you don't want sims running into the pillars at 60 mph and killing themselves... ;)

Indeed, other such problems exist with ML's El-Rail too. But there are only two tiles for the crossing because RHW-6S is an overhanging 1 tile network. Even if you remove the pillars for the crossing pieces, it doesn't fix the problem, since the other half are on each standard straight piece. That said a bit of RUL should take care of it and expand it into a 4-tile crossing instead. That won't be possible to release until it can be packaged into a NAM update, but I've plans to address all such problems where practical.

Simcoug

slayermemet

Hello,

First of all I want to thank you for your posts and works. Jobs you are doing are really great guys.

I wanted to report a problem about Maxis Highway Override Patch (v2.0). It works great with a few exceptions. The problem is
when I use Diagonal RHW with diagonal avenue or straight avenue. You can see it from the picture.

How can I fix it ?

Thanks in advance.

mgb204

In case it wasn't clear from the readme, my work on the MHO is far from complete. I've yet to start on many of the diagonal pieces, although last weekend I did make the URail diagonals and some RRW pieces.

Someone had previously mentioned the avenue network, which seems important from a compatibility perspective. Therefore I will endeavour to make these pieces the next ones I work on.

slayermemet

Quote from: mgb204 on October 16, 2015, 08:40:29 AM
In case it wasn't clear from the readme, my work on the MHO is far from complete. I've yet to start on many of the diagonal pieces, although last weekend I did make the URail diagonals and some RRW pieces.

Someone had previously mentioned the avenue network, which seems important from a compatibility perspective. Therefore I will endeavour to make these pieces the next ones I work on.

:thumbsup:  :)

noahclem

Quote from: slayermemet on October 16, 2015, 10:02:17 AM
Quote from: mgb204 on October 16, 2015, 08:40:29 AM

:thumbsup:  :)

Seconded! Great work with this  &apls

mgb204

Thing is, I'm really getting the hang of making the S3D pieces and working with them recently, thus these took about 20m:

That's less time than it took to find the IDs, and probably quicker than it will be to re-path them too. These pieces have remained untouched and still reside in the SC Dats. I'm guessing that's why they were overlooked, since the MHO seems to be a copy of all the NAM-ified crossings. This does include the orthogonal highway versions. However, I've changed the texture ID on the other Avenue pieces to meet new NAM standards. I need to do the same with Road, Street and OWR pieces too it seems, some are not even showing the colour corrected textures.