• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's SC4 Projects

Started by art128, August 12, 2009, 03:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dantes

Otouto-chan! Arthur-kun ! I'm sorry that I have not reported me long for you.
I hope you are well. It is unusual to see one of you other pictures. They look great anyway! But I hope you work on your main project continues! Do not give up!

art128

Thanks for the comments, yeah the powerlines aren't to everyone taste, but I like them and that's the most important.

Don't worry Erik, I've started working on the New England region. Just need some more time.. Mainly because I'm having a hard time getting the good buildings to grow in the CBD and surroundings.

So, some people requested more pictures of my airport and seaport. Here are them. :)

Airport:

The airport terminal with an ANA DHC8 and an ANA MRJ90 taxiing as well as two other planes near the hangars. You can also see the control tower, police checkup and firefighters station. The surroundings are still being worked on.

The end of Runway [28] with the localize antenna.

The middle of the runway with the VOR/DME on screen.

Near the end of the runway, you can see the PAPI system (bottom) and the ILS Glideslope antenna. (top)

The end of runway [10] with the PALS. (Precision Approach Lighting System)

A few habitations near the airport.

An overview. As you can see the surroundings are very empty for the moment.

Port:

The container terminal. For some reason the stacking cranes wouldn't show up.

Bulk and general freight quay.

The marina and its surroundings luxury homes.

The traffic control tower.

An overview. The marina and control tower are to the bottom right of the picture.

That's it for today, Hope you enjoyed it. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

c.p.

The industrial seaport looks fantastic :thumbsup:  Also, I like the dark tower along the waterway.

noahclem

Excellent progress pictures of the airport and seaport  &apls  I love hearing and seeing the details of your airport building given your expertise and first-hand knowledge of the subject. Are those MMPed access roads? What's a VOR/DME? I'd be interested in seeing a closer view of the partially-finished riverway. Very promising  :thumbsup:

kelis

My friend !! That was an amazing update, I took a lot of inpisration from this update. I hope you keep working in your Japanese region, I think you've improve a lot with this style, looks that little village nearby the airport, or just take a look to that seaport, i really like it !! I hope to see more about your region soon...

Saludos amigo  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Vizoria

Top notch work! That seaport looked ultra cool!

carlfatal

This is a wonderful update!  &apls

I have no clue about how airports should look, but this one is nice... I like all the greens, here it looks like a nature reserve caused by air traffic.  ;D

And I love the harbour. I mean, I am totally sad about the missing railways, but on the other hand, modern times need cars instead of trains. Really well done!  &apls

Gugu3

romualdillo

I was really interested in your harbour!! The shots you've posted are fantastic!! The airport is great too, as always!!  :thumbsup:

vester

Great update as always.

Love that harbour. Would love to see more of it.

Dantes

Every airport to you building looks beautiful! Prima realism and great landscaping. Your container port looks small. I miss container vessels and smaller cranes for embarkation on truck.
Your marina is very impressive. *ototo-chan-hug*

newsimaddict

Beautifully detailed seaport!
Where did you get the walls from? Never seen them before...

kbieniu7

Hey Arthur!
Sorry, for visiting your topic for a long time. Hopefully, I see, that you still keep a very high level! Great! ;)
I like your airports - those small, regional ones, made by you looks really nice - with all this infrastructure, hangars, garages, towers etc. And covered with high grass, what is probably one of your 'watermarks' :P

I saw your attempt to build Parisian-themed city, as well. And I must say - it looks cool. It's good to make sometimes a 'jump' from your "mother-region" and try to reset your "gamplay setting", to avoid the boredom. I tried once with some US themes, but... it ended after 2 days :D

Keep warm!
Kamil
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Shark7

You make some of the best small airports I've seen from this game.  I'm actually learning how to make them in my own game by looking at what you have done. 

Some day I may even make mine look good too.  :D

On airports, do you have problems getting enough capacity to satisfy the need of the city?  I can never seem to get that part right.  &mmm

solsystem

Great update! Your airport und seaport are very detailed. Many good ideas!

benedict

Congratulations, your MD was number one on BTT for the week ending 20 November, and the week ending 4 December.

And well done on having the number one MD for 2013/14!! Brilliant work!
Click on the banner to celebrate!

Nanami

art128

Hello devotees of SC4D.

Firstly, thanks for the comments. I really appreciate them.

Almost two months without an update uh. Well lots of things happened. I guess it's time to state the situation of my MD uh.

First thing first, I've got more time on my hand now unfortunately as I've been fired from my job and because of that I dropped out of classes. I was enrolled in an apprenticeship that wasn't even interesting me since the beginning so it's only natural that it came to that. I have more time to do more things. I started playing CSGO in competitive mode, despite the fact that I suck at this game but I'm having some fun time with a few friends so it's alright. Also the fact that opening cases and watching pro players matches is funnier than actually playing the game. I also started playing/reading more Visual Novels now that steam is finally getting some in the store.. Still waiting for AAA titles like Clannad.

---

But let's go back to Simcity. With all the new development on the OSITM side I didn't get much time to play my region... Is what I want to believe but it's not true. I'm actually quite bored of it right now and every-time I open the game trying to building something new, I end up closing it and I go do something else.  On this point, I think I'm stopping my region Kamiyama as it is pretty much completely finished. There isn't much things to add in it so It's better to stop now. I won't change the MD name yet as I think it still relates to my work the most.

However this isn't the end of me actually making cities. As I've already shown in a previous update, I'm working on a non-Japanese city. I'm actually working on three of them. One is of Parisian style, another one is American (New England) and the last one is of Dutch style. However I'll still keep things from the Japanese plugins like the power lines and LHD.

I'm also not done yet with the Japanese regions: I've recently started working on individual city tiles that represent real places with the landscape as close to reality as I can get it. Some example of places I want to make are: Takehara, Takayama, Aizu-Wakamatsu, Enoshima, Izukyu, Mikuni, Nagasaki, Okutama, Shirakawa.. And possibly more. So far I'm halfway done with Takehara and will show pictures of it at a later time.

--

But for you today, I've got pictures made for the Simtropolis' Monthly Challenge January 2015 - Re-Establish The Region.

Official entry picture:

Additional pictures:

Transport view showing that all the transport requirements are made.

Overview of the middle area.

Overview of the bottom area.

Overview of the top area, you can see the temple.

The rail interchange.

The main train station serving the city center.

The auditorium of the city located in front of the station road and not far from the castle's cable car.

The power plant located on the bottom of the map. Thanks to the flooding prevention system, it is relatively safe. Notice the abundance of rice fields on the area around the river. Because of the previous flooding the soils have a lot of water.

The city's castle located at the top of the mountain, overlooking the whole area.

The observatory located on the mountain. The old building made of bricks and wood is now a museum.

The entrance of the temple is well known for the lineup of traditional shop and the massive red torii.

The zen garden, inspired by Ryōan-ji.

And finally the flood prevention system that was put in place after the tragic flooding. It is composed of a very big water tank and four very concrete containment silos dug into the ground and connected via large tunnels with powerful pumps. It is of course inspired by the famous flooding prevention system of Tokyo.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kelis

Fantastic job my friend !! I think you have high possibilities to win that challenge, this is an impressive work and everything looks very well done. Good luck with the challenge, I can't wait for see more pictures for your Japanese cities.

:thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

romualdillo

Great work!!!! And you say you've done all this work in how much time?  :o